Town might ease tobacco ban

Town might ease tobacco ban

There are 81 comments on the The State story from Jan 20, 2009, titled Town might ease tobacco ban. In it, The State reports that:

Diners and drinkers in Lexington might be able to light up on decks and patios by spring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“SECOND HAND SMOKE IS A JOKE ”

Since: Dec 08

tobacco road

#1 Jan 20, 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAAAHAHAHAH AAH..........ITS COMMING BACK...GET THE ASHTRAYS OUT BOYZZZZZZZZ

looks like the antis have run there course.......

“SECOND HAND SMOKE IS A JOKE ”

Since: Dec 08

tobacco road

#2 Jan 20, 2009
The revisions include restrictions on smoking in entrances of enclosed workspaces, lowering the violation fee from about $250 to $25 and tightening up penalties on frequent offenders.

Business owners who flagrantly and continually violate the smoking ban could have their business licenses suspended or revoked under the new ordinance.

yada yada yada........nobodys obeying your stupid law sounds like to me.

“KISS THIS SMOKERS BUTT”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 20, 2009
If you've ate in Lexington during their smoking ban you will know they never put up the ash trays ROFL

“SECOND HAND SMOKE IS A JOKE ”

Since: Dec 08

tobacco road

#4 Jan 20, 2009
Hey I got a few news papers from 1933 when prohibition was repealed and the nations distillers were buying everything they could find to make brewskis in.........wait til the bans start getting repealed......ash trays will be a high priced commodity needed ASAP.Those that bought up all the ashtrays on ebay will make a killing.
Freedom

United States

#5 Jan 20, 2009
u cannot own me wrote:
If you've ate in Lexington during their smoking ban you will know they never put up the ash trays ROFL
Kinda like these people eh?

http://www.petoskeynews.com/articles/2008/03/...

CHARLEVOIX — Charlevoix County’s workplace smoking ban is no more.

Citing distaste for excessive government control and hoping to avoid overstepping existing state laws, the Charlevoix County Board of Commissioners repealed the regulation with a unanimous Wednesday, Feb. 27 vote.

“My bottom line is: Were do we draw the line for control?,” said chairman of the board and District 2 Charlevoix County Commissioner Chris Christensen.“There were no citations written for it and business owners were clamoring about having it removed.”

He added,“We were against it because it was excessive control (by) government.”
youou

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Jan 20, 2009
Decks and patios...outside with the dog.........by spring.
youou

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Jan 20, 2009
CONFEDERATE_1978 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAAAHAHAHAH AAH..........ITS COMMING BACK...GET THE ASHTRAYS OUT BOYZZZZZZZZ
looks like the antis have run there course.......
Still outside loser.........
underhay

Lexington, SC

#8 Jan 20, 2009
CONFEDERATE_1978 wrote:
Hey I got a few news papers from 1933 when prohibition was repealed and the nations distillers were buying everything they could find to make brewskis in.........wait til the bans start getting repealed......ash trays will be a high priced commodity needed ASAP.Those that bought up all the ashtrays on ebay will make a killing.
ashtrays? you're kidding, right? i thought y'all just used your empty coors light cans

“KISS THIS SMOKERS BUTT”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 20, 2009
By spring the smokers can move from inside to outside if the wish LOLOL
Smoke At Home

Lake Mary, FL

#10 Jan 20, 2009
youou wrote:
Decks and patios...outside with the dog.........by spring.
Who's going to protect the dog from Second Hand Smoke? Poor little Doggy!!!
I don't like the Decks and Patios smoking exclusion as my wife and I enjoy eating outside in the spring. Nothing worse than having 10 smokers come out and ruin my meal with their harmful smoking habit. You want to smoke, SMOKE at HOME!!!!

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

#11 Jan 20, 2009
The traits of anti-smokers... http://tinyurl.com/7t2zlr
For confirmation, see above post.
Freedom

Niles, MI

#12 Jan 20, 2009
Smoke At Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's going to protect the dog from Second Hand Smoke? Poor little Doggy!!!
I don't like the Decks and Patios smoking exclusion as my wife and I enjoy eating outside in the spring. Nothing worse than having 10 smokers come out and ruin my meal with their harmful smoking habit. You want to smoke, SMOKE at HOME!!!!
Tell us...what kind of person demands all places cater to them?

What kind of person would enter another persons property and demand they change their LEGAL lifestyle of choice...all to suit their desires on land that is not theirs?

Could you people be any more selfish and narcissistic?

“KISS THIS SMOKERS BUTT”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#13 Jan 20, 2009
Smoke At Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's going to protect the dog from Second Hand Smoke? Poor little Doggy!!!
I don't like the Decks and Patios smoking exclusion as my wife and I enjoy eating outside in the spring. Nothing worse than having 10 smokers come out and ruin my meal with their harmful smoking habit. You want to smoke, SMOKE at HOME!!!!
Dream on BOZO

“~ Reality IS Perception ~”

Since: Aug 07

Rockaway!

#14 Jan 20, 2009
Smoke At Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's going to protect the dog from Second Hand Smoke? Poor little Doggy!!!
I don't like the Decks and Patios smoking exclusion as my wife and I enjoy eating outside in the spring. Nothing worse than having 10 smokers come out and ruin my meal with their harmful smoking habit. You want to smoke, SMOKE at HOME!!!!
YOU don't like?????? Who cares that YOU want OUTSIDE clean air???!!!! Your CLS is becoming worse with each post.

If you haven't noticed; the outside air will NEVER be clean enough for you. The bans cover INDOOR air and that should be enough to keep your whining mouth shut; in theory at least. But, you should be concerned with your intolerance and bigoted discrimination toward others. THAT is the REAL problem we are faced with and "I" shouldn't have to be exposed to it.

If YOU can't manage to eat outdoors because the smokers are where you wanted them (before you wanted them HOME), then YOU need to seek help for your serious and offensive disorder...or, YOU can stay INSIDE the restaurant or HOME.

“KISS THIS SMOKERS BUTT”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#15 Jan 20, 2009
Smoke At Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's going to protect the dog from Second Hand Smoke? Poor little Doggy!!!
I don't like the Decks and Patios smoking exclusion as my wife and I enjoy eating outside in the spring. Nothing worse than having 10 smokers come out and ruin my meal with their harmful smoking habit. You want to smoke, SMOKE at HOME!!!!
BTW BOZO, do you hold the deeds/contracts to the restaurants and patios? You need to come down off your high horse and get a clue, you are not th eowner, just a common thief

“SECOND HAND SMOKE IS A JOKE ”

Since: Dec 08

tobacco road

#16 Jan 20, 2009
nobodys obeying these facist liberal progressive laws anyway..............
oxymoron

Norwalk, CA

#17 Jan 20, 2009
fascist liberal?

You need to buy a dictionary.

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

#18 Jan 20, 2009
BleuJei wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU don't like?????? Who cares that YOU want OUTSIDE clean air???!!!! Your CLS is becoming worse with each post.
If you haven't noticed; the outside air will NEVER be clean enough for you. The bans cover INDOOR air and that should be enough to keep your whining mouth shut; in theory at least. But, you should be concerned with your intolerance and bigoted discrimination toward others. THAT is the REAL problem we are faced with and "I" shouldn't have to be exposed to it.
If YOU can't manage to eat outdoors because the smokers are where you wanted them (before you wanted them HOME), then YOU need to seek help for your serious and offensive disorder...or, YOU can stay INSIDE the restaurant or HOME.
Very well stated Sweetheart!

“SECOND HAND SMOKE IS A JOKE ”

Since: Dec 08

tobacco road

#19 Jan 20, 2009
oxymoron wrote:
fascist liberal?
You need to buy a dictionary.
read liberal facism or health facism........you may get edumicated there jethro.
oxymoron

Norwalk, CA

#20 Jan 20, 2009
It is fun to make up words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Is It With SC Sheriffs? (Jul '12) Jun 23 OutpostLiquors 4
News Accident Slows Traffic on Garners Ferry Road (Mar '08) Jun 22 Tammy 22
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Jun 17 Alonzo 1,400
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Jun 16 Sallie Mae Lewis 54
parental rights in jeopardy....join the fight t... (Mar '12) Jun 16 Tweetyone 16
camden Jun 4 rosie 1
Family Dr Feb '16 Rex 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camden Mortgages