HIV-Positive Woman Gets 10 Years For ...

HIV-Positive Woman Gets 10 Years For Having Sex With Man

There are 70 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Oct 18, 2007, titled HIV-Positive Woman Gets 10 Years For Having Sex With Man. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

ST. CHARLES, Mo. -- A St. Charles woman with AIDS who had unprotected sex with her boyfriend was sentenced to ten years in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wrap it up

Irmo, SC

#1 Oct 18, 2007
Oh No!!100 people! This is a prime example of how it spreads people. Those 100 people will have sex and then it multiplies to 200, then 400, then 600....then you have an entire community with infested people!
DREAM WALKER

United States

#2 Oct 18, 2007
she should have gotton
life pluse 10 years
spot

United States

#3 Oct 18, 2007
Listen to Wrap it up.
Dream Walker, I concur.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#4 Oct 18, 2007
Just plain nasty.
Lee L from Minnesota

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Oct 18, 2007
Durex saves lives!
Chen

Summerville, SC

#8 Oct 19, 2007
Giving her ten years in the slammer is only going to spread that hi 5-why not put her on an island like they did to lepers ....
Sharon

Mechanicsville, VA

#9 Oct 19, 2007
Sick and stupid. That's why people, you should use condoms. Even if you have a spouse and you suspect them of sleeping around (you usually have an idea), use condoms. You don't know who the person they might be sleeping with has been with, so why endanger yourself.
Mohican Veteran

Columbia, SC

#10 Oct 19, 2007
Chen wrote:
Giving her ten years in the slammer is only going to spread that hi 5-why not put her on an island like they did to lepers ....
Funny that you should mention that; Several years ago, I recall seeing a "Special Report" by either 60 Minutes or 20-20 (don't remember which one).
In Cuba, they built a town surrounded by a wall and guards just for HIV positive people. Anyone who tests positive for HIV is moved to that town. It is a complete town, but populated only by people with HIV. They can live a normal life there, but their freedom of movement is nil. Of course, being a Communist country nobody has freedom of movement anyway. It also appears to be working.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#11 Oct 19, 2007
She deserved more prison time.
SCARED FOR MY LIFE

West Columbia, SC

#13 Oct 19, 2007
This woman needs to get LIFE in prison or the DEATH PENALTY for attempted murder. Her boyfriend tested negative then, but what about later??!!? A piont has been proven: AIDS/HIV is as REAL as it gets, it doesn't matter who you are. DOUBLE UP!!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#14 Oct 19, 2007
10 per person exposed...

“Go GaMeCoCkS!”

Since: Sep 07

USC

#15 Oct 19, 2007
so scary! 100 ppl and out in 10... where is justice?

“I hate Fish...”

Since: Aug 07

Columbia, SC

#16 Oct 19, 2007
I agree with you all, this woman needs to be locked up for more than 10 years. She KNOWINGLY had sex when she was HIV pos.
not again

Elgin, SC

#17 Oct 19, 2007
Mohican Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that you should mention that; Several years ago, I recall seeing a "Special Report" by either 60 Minutes or 20-20 (don't remember which one).
In Cuba, they built a town surrounded by a wall and guards just for HIV positive people. Anyone who tests positive for HIV is moved to that town. It is a complete town, but populated only by people with HIV. They can live a normal life there, but their freedom of movement is nil. Of course, being a Communist country nobody has freedom of movement anyway. It also appears to be working.
First of all that's crazy. No one makes a person have unprotected sex unless they are raped. It's really up to you to protect yourself, what if she didn't know she was positive. If we start banishing people that know they are positive no one would get tested( they barely do now). 100 people having unprotected sex with a person they know is an addict or a "loose women" are asking for trouble.
Caring Citizen

Columbia, SC

#18 Oct 19, 2007
She needs to be charged with murder if anybody comes back positive for HIV. Some states already have that ruling if you have sex with someone, knowing you have AIDS and not tell them, because her victims will eventually die. This woman should be ashamed of herself. I guess she is trying ot see how many men she can take with her. Just disgraceful.

“I hate Fish...”

Since: Aug 07

Columbia, SC

#19 Oct 19, 2007
not again wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all that's crazy. No one makes a person have unprotected sex unless they are raped. It's really up to you to protect yourself, what if she didn't know she was positive. If we start banishing people that know they are positive no one would get tested( they barely do now). 100 people having unprotected sex with a person they know is an addict or a "loose women" are asking for trouble.
Um, I actually agree with most of your post. However it says in the article that the mother of the woman with HIV told the boyfriend that her daughter had HIV. In that case her daughter had to know she had it also. There is no way a Dr would tell the mother and not tell the person who had HIV. Since she knew she had HIV and still had sex with others she should be given jail time.
Tiger89

Lexington Park, MD

#20 Oct 19, 2007
Lessa wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I actually agree with most of your post. However it says in the article that the mother of the woman with HIV told the boyfriend that her daughter had HIV. In that case her daughter had to know she had it also. There is no way a Dr would tell the mother and not tell the person who had HIV. Since she knew she had HIV and still had sex with others she should be given jail time.
....I think she was saying, what IF a person does not know? Not saying that this woman did not know....this would be an issue. I think you read it wrong. She does make a good point though. On the other comment; they are right, if YOU knew you would be banished to some "secluded" city for people with AIDS...nobody would want to get tested! Good thing the mother told the daugher's boyfriend...he was able to report it and get tested. Not to say he is in the clear; it can be positive later. Scary!!
silent2long

United States

#21 Oct 19, 2007
100 sex partners. I wonder how many lives she has taken. I wonder how many married men she slept with. I wonder how many innocent wives, and possibly children, will die because of this uncaring, selfish excuse for a human being.
mej in elgin

Atlanta, GA

#22 Oct 19, 2007
Tiger89 wrote:
<quoted text>....I think she was saying, what IF a person does not know? Not saying that this woman did not know....this would be an issue. I think you read it wrong. She does make a good point though. On the other comment; they are right, if YOU knew you would be banished to some "secluded" city for people with AIDS...nobody would want to get tested! Good thing the mother told the daugher's boyfriend...he was able to report it and get tested. Not to say he is in the clear; it can be positive later. Scary!!
Very true. This man and apparently about 99 others will live in fear for a long time. What's really scary is that this woman is only 27 years old. Even if she serves the whole 10 years, how many more people will she have sex with when she gets out, or maybe even before? Who knows, maybe she won't even last that long.
Stop The Madness

Great Falls, SC

#23 Oct 19, 2007
No glove, no love.

No condom? No way!

I can only imagine the outrage would be 1,000,000 times worse if this had been a man doing this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) 7 hr brittanytophat 41
News Truck's 'racist' Confederate flag offends woman... Thu Stainless Banner 5
Nickey Haley and the roads of South Carolina, w... Jul 29 isaac 2
News In new White House bid, Clinton embraces race a... Jul 28 Le Jimbo 101
Read about the 3 Hebrew Boys and CCG (Jun '07) Jul 27 Masters 2,533
News Two Men Arrested in Lake Wateree Murder (Apr '07) Jul 27 my brotherskeeper 71
Lindsay Graham Out Of Touch Jul 27 Charles 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camden Mortgages