Police: Camden shooting was "definite...

Police: Camden shooting was "definitely gang-related"

There are 8 comments on the WIS-TV Columbia story from Dec 8, 2007, titled Police: Camden shooting was "definitely gang-related". In it, WIS-TV Columbia reports that:

A Camden teen is dead and two other teens are in jail after a gang-related shooting Friday night in Camden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIS-TV Columbia.

So Sad

Rion, SC

#1 Dec 8, 2007
My prayers are with the families of all involved.

It is sad that so many young people see violence as the answer to their conflicts. Now, many lives have been permanently damaged and one has been taken away.

Something must be done about the gang situation in Camden. I am not sure of how it can be approached, but as a community we must work harder to look for solutions. The time for denial is over. We must face the truth and do something to help the kids in our community.

High levels of poverty and unstable family situations are largely to blame. The haves must reach out to the have-nots. Living together in the same small town, what affects one person affects us all. Our kids attend school and sports activities together, and we are all God's children.

Come on, Camden. Band together, and we can start to turn things around!! We must protect ALL of our children!
KRIS

Snyder, TX

#2 Dec 9, 2007
GOD BE WITH EACH AND EVERY CHILD THAT IS EFFECTED BY THIS EVENT. WE HAVE TO LEARN TO TEACH OUR CHILDREN THAT KILLING IS NOT THE ANSWER TO PROBLEMS.
WE ALSO NEED TO GET BACK TO THE WAY FAMILIES USE TO BE. WE NEED TO START TAKING MORE TIME FOR OUR KIDS AND BEING MORE INVOLVED AND THING I FEEL WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING LIKE THIS. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR THE FAMILIES OF THIS CHILDREN.
ALSO WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT THERE FRIEND ARE IN NEED OF PRAY TO DEAL WITH THIS TO.
Anonymous

Camden, SC

#3 Dec 10, 2007
I went to school with him, he has touched many.
God Bless You On Your Journey.
sos

Atlanta, GA

#4 Dec 10, 2007
that is so sad how can u take someone else life.but my prayers go out to the family of the one who died
taviona keys

Irmo, SC

#5 Jan 4, 2008
I just want to say god bless smith's family and i hope for the best.
Young Muslim Brothers

Crawley, UK

#6 Jun 4, 2008
May Allah Have Peace On Your Soul, May Allah Allow You Enter The Gates Of Heaven, May Allah Destroy All Your Sins. You Was A Great Muslim Brother, Thanks For Everything.

All Your Young Muslim Brothers..
janny moesa

Islington, UK

#7 Jun 30, 2008
I AM GAY
Sheila

Arlington, TX

#8 Sep 1, 2008
No Janny - you are SICK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Fri LAWEST100 1,588
News Gang Presence in South Carolina (Jun '07) Dec 5 Mason Dikxon 229
News Ex-Gaston Mayor Arrested for Misconduct (Apr '08) Sep '16 WhatGoesAroundCom... 1,550
camden (Jun '16) Jun '16 rosie 1
Family Dr (Jan '16) Feb '16 Rex 2
Moving to Camden (Feb '09) Jan '16 Leah 7
Halloween (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jazzyd 1

Camden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camden Mortgages