There are heroes in our midst, if only we'd notice

There are 2 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 12, 2008, titled There are heroes in our midst, if only we'd notice. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The occasion was a celebration of four of the state's living recipients of the Medal of Honor: Charles Murray Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Christopher

Edgewood, MD

#1 Sep 13, 2008
I hate to say this, but any Armed Forces person does not fit my idea of a 'hero'. A killer for hire, a mercenary.... yes. But not a hero.

The true heroes are the people at the ACLU, at the EFF, and all the other people who are fighting for your right and mine to be free of government intrusion into our private lives.
Vet

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Sep 14, 2008
True Christopher, we're not all heroes, but for everyone who fights for your rights with a pen and the law, many others had to kill, bleed and die. In this country, one hasn't always worked without the other. Thank God for those willing to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I just need a lil dog food. (Jun '13) 2 hr gotta123 4
No Brown? No boy? No dog food? (Sep '14) 2 hr gotta123 2
brown boy dog food 2 hr gotta123 3
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) May 20 Alonzo 514
M Pinkham May 20 Liberty4UandMe 3
News Police: Spring Valley teacher's car recovered May 20 prerogmy 1
parental rights in jeopardy....join the fight t... (Mar '12) May 19 Cherie 11
More from around the web

Camden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE