Camden concert leaves trash, resentme...

Camden concert leaves trash, resentment among area residents

There are 2 comments on the CourierPostOnline story from Jun 7, 2011, titled Camden concert leaves trash, resentment among area residents. In it, CourierPostOnline reports that:

Thousands of fans packed the parking lots surrounding one of the region's largest outdoor music venues Saturday, bringing with them massive amounts of bottles, plastic cups and other trash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CourierPostOnline.

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jun 7, 2011
I took my son Saturday to the Rivershark's game and saw some really atrocious behavior. I would be a hypocrite not to say I haven't taken part in some debauchery at sporting events or concerts, but this was scary and out of control. Just pulling into the Rivershark's parking lot, I saw two fights and over a dozen people (boys and girls) urinating publicly (no concern to hide it either). This was not a normal average concert, this was brutal. Believe me when I say this is not about hating country music or racist Camdenites. This crowd was out of control and would have been shameful and embarrassing anywhere they went.
Kevin Ingram

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Jul 26, 2011
I really found it surprising that this wasnt on the news, if it was a Jay Z or a Lil Wayne concert and such was the goings on, the “rap” concerts will be the blame I witness depicted the Camdenites as Racist how ever it is the social structure around them that makes their actions and speech what we see. I as a citizen of the upercrust suburbanites over some times see the reactions of people when they speak to me and see that I speak clear, have some kind of vernacular out of the realm of ebonics are shocked when I say, “I’m from Camden”. It is those same people who see drugged out prostitutes (of which are mostly Eurocentric and out of towner’s) hang around Camden all hours of the day and night. We seek to complain about senseless violence and the fact that the drug trade is a major contributor to it. I wonder why the drug dealer is arrested and not the purchaser, they are still in the act of purchasing and possessing drugs in the school zones but they never get convicted for it. If the demand for the drugs are not so high then there wouldnt be such a great deal and competition to supply. Your in a city that has no need for unskilled labor, and with the overwhelming lack of interest in warehousing and companies to invest Camden is just a service town. If youre not employed by Cooper, Camden County Jail, Police (which is depleted a bit and Fire) you wont have great job security. I often wonder how all of these people can come into Camden, hold traffic trash the city and disrespect its in habitants (by the way most of the country music folks are racist) that there hasnt been a major out right violent acts on the visitors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Chuck 20,170
CMD Gear3 (Mar '14) 15 hr wtf609 1,258
News Cop Allegedly Caught Masturbating In Starbucks (May '14) Oct 4 Tracie 2
News Gloucester City woman missing since September h... (Jan '15) Oct 4 Dadzafag 4
News Keeping faith in Catholic education Oct 2 Stevens Slongster 61
Debate: Marijuana - Collingswood, NJ (Aug '10) Sep 14 Jahrome 15
News The urban prepper: Learning from Atlantic City'... Aug '15 SurvivalsEverything 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camden Mortgages