County Judge Mike Hesterly

Posted in the Camden Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Time for a change

Camden, AR

#1 Oct 8, 2010
So what do the people of Ouachita County think about their County Judge, Mike Hesterly.

“O.G.”

Since: Aug 09

Original Gamester

#2 Oct 8, 2010
I was wondering why this subject hasn't been brought up much.
Time for a change

Camden, AR

#3 Oct 8, 2010
I guess the people are scared to make their voice heard. We need to find a canidate to run against him in the next election and restore the honor of that office.

“O.G.”

Original Gamester

#4 Oct 8, 2010
Pay must be good. He seems to be eating well. Anybody know what the salary and bennies are?
Observer

Camden, AR

#5 Oct 8, 2010
Mike is a fine, upstanding County Judge who sets the bar for other County Judges. He takes care to stay out of the limelight and that's why we don't read about him here on Topix. Sure, it may get a little hazy in his office from time to time but I don't care ... any time I need a load of gravel I can count on him getting it to me in a timely fashion .... Thanks, Mike.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#6 Oct 8, 2010
Observer wrote:
Mike is a fine, upstanding County Judge who sets the bar for other County Judges. He takes care to stay out of the limelight and that's why we don't read about him here on Topix. Sure, it may get a little hazy in his office from time to time but I don't care ... any time I need a load of gravel I can count on him getting it to me in a timely fashion .... Thanks, Mike.
Amen....Mike is an Awesome person. He is a great County Judge.
Deakon, maybe u should run next time, u seem to know it all.
Bodacious Tatas

Camden, AR

#7 Oct 8, 2010
My gawd
Could you imagine Hesterly slapping one cheek and kendall slapping the other?
All the females would move out of town.
Observer

Camden, AR

#8 Oct 8, 2010
Bodacious Tatas wrote:
My gawd
Could you imagine Hesterly slapping one cheek and kendall slapping the other?
All the females would move out of town.
... or move closer to town ...

“O.G.”

Original Gamester

#9 Oct 8, 2010
Ford Man23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen....Mike is an Awesome person. He is a great County Judge.
Deakon, maybe u should run next time, u seem to know it all.
It just appears that I know it all but I can assure you, I don't. Sorry to disappoint. I have no desire to be a politician of any sort. I just want the ones we have to be doing their jobs. I'd feel too badly about setting up my secretary to serve prison time in my stead. I just don't have it in me.

I've seen several great examples of Spanky's recently renewed vigor and interest in his duties so, at this point, I have nothing critical to say about his job performance. As long as he keeps up the good work.

I do however hope that he considers an exercise regimen but only because I'm concerned about our public servant's health. I know that many government departments have health and exercise programs. It would probably be a good idea to implement something similar at city hall and the county courthouse. I'm sure the First Lady, Michelle Obama, would agree with me.

Everything in moderation, I say.
Observer

Camden, AR

#10 Oct 8, 2010
Deakon wrote:
<quoted text>
I do however hope that he considers an exercise regimen but only because I'm concerned about our public servant's health. I know that many government departments have health and exercise programs. It would probably be a good idea to implement something similar at city hall and the county courthouse. I'm sure the First Lady, Michelle Obama, would agree with me.
Point well made, Deak but there's another angle we could probe. When Dr. Livingston encountered primitive, indigenous tribes in Africa one of the first things he noticed was the chief of the tribe was always a rotund, well fed fellow as was, usually, his wife. The other tribe inhabitants were not so fortunate ... they ate after the chief and his wife had their fill so what was left was their sustenance ... usually not enough. As that noted patriot, Mel Brooks said ... "It's good to be the king!". Our County Judge has that profile that is endearing to some and is indicative of a powerful, in charge type of a guy ... and we have him as our County Judge!!... we should be proud.

“O.G.”

Original Gamester

#11 Oct 8, 2010
Touche', Observer. It's like the fat guy wearing a tobacco-spit stained wife-beater that lives in the trailer park that he owns. He carries an axe handle. He has a dog named Princess and he's the boss! That's probably why he's the only one who's been "probed" during the rash alien abductions there in the trailer park... Superior intellect from across the universe is baffled as well.
Empoyee

Little Rock, AR

#12 Oct 9, 2010
Observer wrote:
Yep he is a wonderful caretaker of our tax dollars. He goes in to the office sometimes as early as 11 or 1130 and is gone by 1. Must take care of those childrens. At about 43000 thousand a year plus a car and never buys gas, heck he dont even own a personal vehicl thanks to the apathetic voters in the county. No body cares one way or nother.
Observer

Camden, AR

#13 Oct 10, 2010
Empoyee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep he is a wonderful caretaker of our tax dollars. He goes in to the office sometimes as early as 11 or 1130 and is gone by 1. Must take care of those childrens. At about 43000 thousand a year plus a car and never buys gas, heck he dont even own a personal vehicl thanks to the apathetic voters in the county. No body cares one way or nother.
... there you go. You've told us that Mike is working through the lunch hour so he must not be oblivious to his weight issue. I'm sure we, the electorate, will begin to notice the result of him missing meals soon. Taking off unnecessary pounds is an arduous process and we, the electorate, need to be patient ... Mike will be his former svelte self before you know it. Oh, Mike my gravel pile is getting low ... that's good ... I appreciate it ... hey, you know it!
Really

United States

#14 Oct 10, 2010
Oh I didn't remember Mike Hesterly getting convicted of setting up his secretary. Guess I didn't get the memo on that like you did. Personally I think we could clean house and start over with all new people and you would find something bad about each and everyone. Hope your more optimistic in your personal life if you have time for one away from topix!
Deakon wrote:
<quoted text>
It just appears that I know it all but I can assure you, I don't. Sorry to disappoint. I have no desire to be a politician of any sort. I just want the ones we have to be doing their jobs. I'd feel too badly about setting up my secretary to serve prison time in my stead. I just don't have it in me.
I've seen several great examples of Spanky's recently renewed vigor and interest in his duties so, at this point, I have nothing critical to say about his job performance. As long as he keeps up the good work.
Really

United States

#15 Oct 10, 2010
Yes idiot he does have a personal vehicle it's white in color, has a bed on the back I believe it's called a truck! Get your facts straight before you flap those gums!
Empoyee wrote:
<quoted text>
Really

United States

#16 Oct 10, 2010
Must be doing something right, we the people have put him there several years. God forbid give credit where credit is due, I've never seen such negative people! Never see the good, such a shame!
Observer

Camden, AR

#17 Oct 10, 2010
Really wrote:
Must be doing something right, we the people have put him there several years. God forbid give credit where credit is due, I've never seen such negative people! Never see the good, such a shame!
... You go,'really'... These good folks here are trying to dig a well where there's no water. I think we should ask ourselves this: If we elect another politician County Judge how would my life in Ouachita County change? Wouldn't the counties' business continue as it is now? Wouldn't the bridge maintenance, road paving, and a public official showing concern after a tornado or whatever continue as it is now? As that noted Philosopher and mountain man Jeremiah Johnson said,... "I've got no truck with those indians". No, what we'd have to contend with if we elected a new county judge is this new judge wouldn't know where my gravel pile is ... Mike ... let me get a look at you ... you ... you slender devil you!...

“O.G.”

Original Gamester

#18 Oct 10, 2010
Really wrote:
Oh I didn't remember Mike Hesterly getting convicted of setting up his secretary. Guess I didn't get the memo on that like you did. Personally I think we could clean house and start over with all new people and you would find something bad about each and everyone. Hope your more optimistic in your personal life if you have time for one away from topix! <quoted text>
I don't remember that either. I never received the memo, either. So now we're in agreement. Feel better?

Now... If you'll go back and READ, you'll notice I plainly stated that I have nothing critical to say of Mr. Hesterly other than his apparent lack of an exercise regimen. So I'm wondering why you got all agitated about saying "I" couldn't let my secretary take a fall for me... It sure seems to be what set you off. Maybe YOU know more than WE do... Wanna share or just continue to act indignant?
Really

Dallas, TX

#19 Oct 10, 2010
You plainly said you couldn't set your secretary up for prison time, try and talk your way out of it however you want. You were pointing the finger, stirring the pot, starting crap, etc!! I didn't have to go back and read, once was good thanks!

“O.G.”

Original Gamester

#20 Oct 10, 2010
Really wrote:
You plainly said you couldn't set your secretary up for prison time, try and talk your way out of it however you want. You were pointing the finger, stirring the pot, starting crap, etc!! I didn't have to go back and read, once was good thanks!
Are you on the payroll?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 35,422
Hannah Launius 3 hr Baily d 1
Brandy walters 10 hr BRANDI 6
must read its about lindley!!!!! 11 hr The truth 4
Competitive Tax Sat Melissa 1
megan Stevens (Sep '13) Sat guest 28
Nancy Tharp taylor Fri Jsck1215 3

Camden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance