Arrest made in 2007 Camden slaying

Arrest made in 2007 Camden slaying

There are 24 comments on the Arkansas Online story from Jan 26, 2009, titled Arrest made in 2007 Camden slaying. In it, Arkansas Online reports that:

A former Camden resident was in the Ouachita County jail Friday, awaiting a first court appearance on a second-degree murder charge in the June 26, 2007, death of Lincoln Center resident Emmett Levell Harrison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arkansas Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eastcoast

Camden, AR

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Everytime one reads an article about something bad, its about this place. Why does the town allow for this part of the community to exist without better control....is this an apartment complex? an't they be enforced to have permanent security?
shadow

Camden, AR

#2 Jan 30, 2009
Lincoln Center is the hell hole of Camden Arkansas. A bunch od Democratic, non-working class of black individuals who live on welfare, do drugs, rape kids and women, thieving alchoholics who get their rent paid by Unlce Sam.. The Camden Police Department and Ouachiice Sheriffs office know about the issues there but they are too busy on their cell phones to see the crap under their feet.

The should have a constant guard there and just call it GUANTANAMO II

The worst part is that the you have so many minors growing up in that same invironment with no real supervision and no one is regulating a damn thing. This is Gov't housing. They are violating a lot of rules and laws but this m#$@#4 F$#@$# know how to use the law and stay there.
BLUESTAR

Camden, AR

#3 Jan 30, 2009
I feel bad for those kids. So many people hear do not realize that if you leave Ouachita County, you do not fall off the face of the earth. Yes the world is round but those kids will not have a chance in hell because most of those parents that do work are uneducated and have to take on two jobs each just to make ends meet. Or they have parents strung up and too high to take notice that the neighbor is molesting their kid.

Than you have the school district who has too many teachers being opposed by administration to report this least they ruffle the feathers of a parent..besides according to them, there are not enough foster homes to take these kids in so why make a report. And of course the Superintendent does not think there is an issue...MAN OF THE YEAR...Right!
Cookie

Camden, AR

#4 Jan 30, 2009
Tired of the same Crap repeating itself. Right now there are more than a dozen pregnant high school girls at Camden Fairview Highschool.

Biatches will end up there as well with there rugrats and the sad part is they will feel like they are living the life. Their own apartment, getting F#%$# each nigh, no bills because the working class will pay for it, and all the foodstamps to buy their party food with, and their kids, well, the kid will be raised by another grandparent, aunt, or great-grandparent
Freedom

United States

#5 Feb 20, 2009
I'm from Camden and I will never return not to even visit. It is a bad place to live and even much more if you have children. I have lived the life as a wife of a drug dealer that is very well known from this town. I have completely changed my life and lifestyle. I am unable to return for some bad reasons but it's a good thing. I am very hard working and a very good mother. Do you know I lost custody of my child because I was unable to return for a divorce hearing. This judge also well known in Camden gave him custody knowing how bad and dangerous his father is. I wrote the judge and told him why I was unable to return . This judge made me return my child to his father. Now my child has no chance of making it in life with that type of lifestyle. I pray to God everyday that he Is ok and that he does not end up like his father. That is what you will get if you work for the police, a good child to raise in a gang drug dealing life. God please look over my son.
mountainbilly

Camden, AR

#6 Feb 22, 2009
Don't feel sorry for ya, A good mama will fight for her child.

you saved yourself and sacraficed your kid for the life you had chosen and brought the kid into.

your no better than the drug dealer if you abandoned your kid
Freedom

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2009
I did fight with everything I had. The law overpowered me. I had to return him or I would go to jail.
lin alex

Independence, OH

#8 Feb 23, 2009
Freedom wrote:
I did fight with everything I had. The law overpowered me. I had to return him or I would go to jail.
I would go to jail or hell for my kids, That is why we got lawyer. if you love them get a lawyer......
paris whittington

La Crosse, WI

#9 Nov 12, 2010
i grew up there and i came out just fine..i guess its just to real out here for dz people to adjust to.....and it aint no raping children and kids,lol...f*** outta here...
lebrin james8heat

La Crosse, WI

#10 Nov 12, 2010
i aint from da center but i be out there and it aint even that serious to be making all dis shit....they grown let them do what they do ....
actually---

Camden, AR

#11 Nov 12, 2010
Lincoln Center has cleaned up a bit. I'm not scared to drive through there anymore.
Really

United States

#12 Nov 13, 2010
" i be out there" what level of education did you complete.Perfect example of what comes out of Lincoln center, they go to school just like all the other kids. Most of them do not want to better themselves. Can you imagine this person taking your order at a Restaurant or waiting on you at Stage or god forbid trying to get a job in the area. Ha what a joke. Following the footsteps of all there other family members, that's a way of life. I'm so grateful I love to work and better myself and my family.
lebrin james8heat wrote:
i aint from da center but i be out there and it aint even that serious to be making all dis shit....they grown let them do what they do ....
real vet

Sterling, VA

#13 Nov 13, 2010
BLUESTAR wrote:
I feel bad for those kids. So many people hear do not realize that if you leave Ouachita County, you do not fall off the face of the earth. Yes the world is round but those kids will not have a chance in hell because most of those parents that do work are uneducated and have to take on two jobs each just to make ends meet. Or they have parents strung up and too high to take notice that the neighbor is molesting their kid.
Than you have the school district who has too many teachers being opposed by administration to report this least they ruffle the feathers of a parent..besides according to them, there are not enough foster homes to take these kids in so why make a report. And of course the Superintendent does not think there is an issue...MAN OF THE YEAR...Right!
Everyone else's fault huh? You get rent paid, free utilities, and more money in the mailbox than most make in Camden due to your disability fraud and SSN bleeding, you get aprx 1000 a month to spend at Wal Mart (Food Stamp card), many other programs that buys your kids school supplies, clothes, free lunches, and you still dont buy insurance, keep a drivers license, stay out of jail, or contribute to society in any way. Your kids bring down the schools because they dont want to listen or learn because you havent taught them discipline. They are not stupid, they have latest greatest in cell phones and computers. You promote gang and thug hip hop lifestyles, but of course it is ALL someone elses fault!! Keep voting Democrat folks! You clueless idiots blaming the police, think about that next time you vote for Claybaker who has cut every thing he could from public service in this town.
lebron james 6heat

La Crosse, WI

#14 Dec 9, 2010
Really wrote:
" i be out there" what level of education did you complete.Perfect example of what comes out of Lincoln center, they go to school just like all the other kids. Most of them do not want to better themselves. Can you imagine this person taking your order at a Restaurant or waiting on you at Stage or god forbid trying to get a job in the area. Ha what a joke. Following the footsteps of all there other family members, that's a way of life. I'm so grateful I love to work and better myself and my family.
<quoted text>
wow really lol i dont live in camden no more and im playin ball and im on a scholarship plan...please dont judge me on how i talk lol one more year imma or wait im going to be on tv...where are you probably in a low income house...living check to check...come on now..lool f*** outta here
Black and proud

United States

#15 Dec 28, 2010
All the talk about Lincoln Center must be coming from some trashy ass white person who wish there was an all-white set of housing project for all YOU trailer Park trash rejects!
Really

Dallas, TX

#16 Dec 29, 2010
Yeah that's it, we are jealous of not living in Lincoln center! Ha. Ok
leg875642

De Queen, AR

#17 Dec 29, 2010
Black and proud wrote:
All the talk about Lincoln Center must be coming from some trashy ass white person who wish there was an all-white set of housing project for all YOU trailer Park trash rejects!
Why does someone always have to play the race card? It's not just Lincoln Center.

Where else have there been shootings at? Can you think of anymore projects or NEIGHBORHOODS? NO ONE is playing a race card. ALL of them are dangerous in Camden. I was born and raised, wasn't scared to go into ANY of the projects, I knew someone out of all of them HELL, I'm not going to mess with no one I mind my own business. I was in Fort Lookout one night when there was a shooting, CAMDEN SQUARE shooting not too long ago. NONE of them are safe.

IT'S NOT A RACE THING! I think its anytime there's a LOT of people living that close together SOMETHING is going to happen, or they will become territorial.

Just Sayin'
leg875642

De Queen, AR

#18 Dec 29, 2010
BUT I have to say I'm glad they got someone in jail for my classmates murder! Just hope its the right one :)
692 Old LC resident

Dallas, TX

#19 May 16, 2012
Well I was raised in Lincoln Center for 17 yrs I seen good and I seen bad, but its the choices we make. I didn't have all the good things that other children may had but my granny supplied the best she could when she was alive. Now I moved on to better myself as a person to be able to go back and show the people in the hood or projects whatever you want to sterotype it as that you can do better its your choice. Its plenty of ways to get out and keep out of trouble. That was my classmate and I had spoken with him bout a month or two and didn't know that would have been the last time. The moral of me writing on here is to let people know yes I was raised in the projects but it is the Choices we make in life that determines our future. So let's stop knocking the next person down for where he come from or how he speak instead encouage him or her to do better, pray for or help them.

Since: Feb 12

Saint Louis, MO

#20 May 17, 2012
I grew up in Camden as well, on Van Buren Street. While I was still there, There was a shooting on either Monroe or Madison (the street that runs along side the Municipal Building. No, there are no Projects or Apartment buildings, but a trailer. The wife stabbed her husband. There are shootings all over Camden, but the only ones that seem to be known are the ones in Lincoln Center, Fort Lookout, and whichever other ones. I can't remember. People asked me why I left. My response was, is, and always will be. Camden is a place to die, not a place to raise a family. I want my children to have more opportunities than I had growing up. Love the history, love the town, can not tolerate the ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freaks Unleashed #1 (Jan '12) 21 min Taylormade 26
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr Don down on dover 36,151
portfest 2017 6 hr guest 2
Bad man 17 hr Watchman 5
Newport Principal 17 hr wassup 4
Midget??? May 24 Mo 4 U 1
whatever happaned to Kim Ferris? (Aug '13) May 23 Camden man 2

Camden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance