KB Home is leaving Indianapolis market

KB Home is leaving Indianapolis market

There are 241 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 10, 2007, titled KB Home is leaving Indianapolis market. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

KB Home has had enough of Indianapolis' sluggish home-building market. KB HOME * What: National home builder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Mark

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jul 11, 2007
Now if they would only take CP Morgan with them.
See ya slumlords

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Jul 11, 2007
Take CP Morgan, Arbor, Beazer, Westport and the other crap builders that will approve anybody for a house, where all the poorly constructed vinyl homes look all alike and then watch as half of the subdivision is foreclosed on in 2-3 years and your home value goes down the tubes . These are your future big box "ghettos"

Good riddance to KB Homes. Do not let the door hit you in the butt. Take the above with you as soon as possible.
eric

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jul 11, 2007
See ya slumlords wrote:
Take CP Morgan, Arbor, Beazer, Westport and the other crap builders that will approve anybody for a house, where all the poorly constructed vinyl homes look all alike and then watch as half of the subdivision is foreclosed on in 2-3 years and your home value goes down the tubes . These are your future big box "ghettos"
Good riddance to KB Homes. Do not let the door hit you in the butt. Take the above with you as soon as possible.
Don't forget Ryland, another big box mess.

Our property tax increase won't help this at all.
get over it

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jul 11, 2007
bye bye! glad to see them go! their homes were awful! no wonder they had a 10 year warrenty my aunt lives in one of their houses and I've seen her siding come off in a normal rain and singles come off for no reason what so ever...i guess a few extra nails was to much cost...
Truthfull

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2007
get over it wrote:
bye bye! glad to see them go! their homes were awful! no wonder they had a 10 year warrenty my aunt lives in one of their houses and I've seen her siding come off in a normal rain and singles come off for no reason what so ever...i guess a few extra nails was to much cost...
No, the illegals they hired that day didn't have a clue how to use a hammer. But it didn't matter, they were so much cheaper to employ.
No more

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 11, 2007
I agree also. Too many low cost builders here locally. The communities they build look like government housing. Cheepy morgan has to be the worst of them all. I wish people here had more discrimination against poor quality homes just like they discriminate against poor quality cars.

kss

“Kathy”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis

#7 Jul 11, 2007
get over it wrote:
They were not any better to their employees.
brother p

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jul 11, 2007
And do not let the door hit you on the way out.
Its more then that

United States

#9 Jul 11, 2007
I worked sales at KB and I can tell you they suck they had one idiot sales manager after another. They treated their people like ca-ca..Forget trying to sell houses..all I did was handle unhappy customers EVERY DAY. I was so happy the day I left that pit-hole. I am glad their leaving our state.

“NOT the city's planner!!!”

Since: May 07

Newark, OH

#10 Jul 11, 2007
Not a big surprise here, other than it was KB going out first. I had my money on Beazer bailing before anyone else. Perhaps they just have a bigger sales backlog to work through before saying adios.

Jeez, people on here are negative. Just remember, no matter how bad KB corporate is, a hundred or more office, sales, superintendents, and service people will be directly out of work.
tarzan

Elwood, IN

#11 Jul 11, 2007
good bye cracker jack box houses! now if we could just bulldoze the future ghettos!!!!! biggest crap houses ever made! i bet a mud hut in the jungle would last longer than those lego houses!
Mitch

United States

#12 Jul 11, 2007
when you know the names of the children of the customer service reps due to calling the reps night and day, it's no surprise. Too bad they had to buy Dura and those of us caught in the lurch suffered...
GREED

AOL

#13 Jul 11, 2007
Take the MONEY and Run
Thanks for nothing
fugazi48

Sterling Heights, MI

#14 Jul 11, 2007
Best not to build a prepackaged home from any of these builders. Bring your own drawings and get bids from real builders. Don't order off a menu.

Myself, I plan on buying another home built before 1990 just for profit/quality sake. I can refinish the interior on my own physical labor.
Its more then that

United States

#15 Jul 11, 2007
I worked sakes at KB..it was horrible, one lousy sales manager after another. They were horrible employers. I have no problem "being mystery shopped" but it was constant. It got to the point where if someone came in interested I would just go with the flow because I knew I was being "shopped" To bad they didn't have mystery superintendents. It was hard to sell houses when most of my days were consumed by upset customers coming in the model all day..or an entire 2 hours spent on a mystery shopper. You wont be missed KB..good riddance
Mr Positive

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jul 11, 2007
The Homebuilders in the Metro Area are not as lucky as Cabela,and the Colts.
They have to make it on their own. Cabelas just recieved 18 Million from Greenwood, Irsay gets millions from Bart Peterson, and we wonder why BART is raising taxes again???
We have added Riverboats, Hoosier Lottery...on and on...and they still raise our taxes???
And now he looses another company, that provided jobs to Central Indiana..THANKS BART!!!
Am I Home

Benton Harbor, MI

#17 Jul 11, 2007
Truthfull wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the illegals they hired that day didn't have a clue how to use a hammer. But it didn't matter, they were so much cheaper to employ.
A lot of these cheapskate builders use nails on shingles any more. Make sure your roofer uses roofing nails. Also, the housing bubble is bursting. In a few months, one ought to be able to get a good deal on houses. Look for "pre-bubble" houses, houses built before 2001, to avoid the quality issues associated with unskilled immigrant labor and cost-cutting site managers.
Am I Home

Benton Harbor, MI

#18 Jul 11, 2007
Correction, I meant to say the cheapskates use staples instead of nails when they can get away with it.
Bill

Mooresville, NC

#19 Jul 11, 2007
This is what happens when you have poor buisness practices and try to screw your customers.
The Truth Hurts

Crown Point, IN

#20 Jul 11, 2007
This is the best news of the day! I feel bad for the folks depending on KB/Dura for business, but I hope this is just the beginning of the end for houses built out of little more than plastic and styrofoam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathy Malwitz Mon Kathy Malwitz is ... 1
Johnny Bramlett Mon J. Neice 1
Camby village Aug 10 Rick R 4
Dustin Vanhook (Jul '15) Aug 10 Rick R 5
News When The KKK Was Mainstream (Mar '15) Aug 4 soundsobad 37
Maggie H Jul 30 Dave 1
Returning to Martinsville Jul 17 Cure 2

Camby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance