Homes showered with bird droppings

Homes showered with bird droppings

There are 25 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Jan 21, 2009, titled Homes showered with bird droppings. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Homeowners in a southwest side neighborhood are cleaning up a big mess. The Marion County Health Department believes the culprit may be birds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Researching the unusual

United States

#22 Jan 22, 2009
Thought people would like to know that the same substance fell in York, PA in Jan. 1998. No record as to what it turned out to be.
In Nov. 2000, the brown stuff fell in Middleton, ID. It was attributed to bee waste.(yes, bees!)
In Jan. 2001, it fell in Lakeland FL. No record of what analysis showed it to be.
It also is supposed to have shown up in Utah, Michigan and Ontario, Canada. Analysis at some of these places were inconclusive as to what it was.
The earliest record I have found was of similiar stuff falling in Genoa, Italy 1841!
Whoopee

Noblesville, IN

#23 Jan 23, 2009
Bird Poop. Plain and simple. Wherever you see the "mysterious" splotches, you'll probably see a bunch of miniature pear trees, too. It's pretty darned obvious in my neighborhood where you can see flocks of starlings swooping from tree to tree.

The tiny pears apparently have a diarrhea effect on the birds, because what comes out is not the usual disgusting white.

The trees are pretty in the spring, but a nuisance in the winter.
Josh

Noblesville, IN

#24 Jan 26, 2009
Hmm, my car, driveway, everything is covered in this stuff as well.... I live in Noblesville. Never seen bird poop like this before...
Dan

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Jan 27, 2009
I think it is from Robin birds coz the same thing is at Carmel all over the cars in the parking lot. I am also wonding why Robin's have not went south??
Bird brains

Maryville, TN

#26 Sep 15, 2014
Seriously? Your townspeople discuss birdsh** in wonderment and have the audacity to call southerners stupid? "I don't know. Those little piles of sh** on my car might be from a bird?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate passes lottery privatization (Feb '07) Jun 25 Al Bion 38
Big beards Jun 16 Had to say it 1
Houses for rent Jun 11 Scat 1
sparkling canvas opening night/weekend Jun 7 Sparkling Canvas 1
Olen Lucas Jun 7 yes 1
toa Jun 1 courious 3
Post removed about Cold Case (Sep '10) May '16 dmrw 21

Camby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance