Homes showered with bird droppings

Homes showered with bird droppings

There are 25 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Jan 21, 2009, titled Homes showered with bird droppings. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Homeowners in a southwest side neighborhood are cleaning up a big mess. The Marion County Health Department believes the culprit may be birds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Judaik

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 21, 2009
We live in SE Hamilton County and have very similar "droppings" on our garage door and sidewalk. It happened last week. Sure would like to know what it is.
ktc

Monon, IN

#2 Jan 21, 2009
Have the same droppings in Plainfield.
The tree in my front yard was full of some type of berries this winter and they were making a mess in my yard as they dropped. Over the past couple of weeks the birds have been feeding on them and the droppings appear to be a similar color to the berries.
Ron Orebaugh

Barto, PA

#3 Jan 21, 2009
Here in Delaware County on our farm, we have a power line that starlings (birds)line up on every day. Under that line is the same brown spotches (feces)as seen on TV. Large flocks congrete in the winter where there is readily available food or resting areas. These homes may be in a flight path to food or rest areas. They are a real nuisance.
Suzy

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jan 21, 2009
The splotches are bird droppings. We have a large number of pear trees in our yard and the birds have been enjoying the berries or "bloom remains" for several weeks on the eastside of Indy. I actually had the pleasure of having a "splotch" dropped on my head as a flock of starlings took flight!!!!!!
Nothing exotic-just massive quantities of bird poop.
S_fields

West Manchester, OH

#5 Jan 22, 2009
Just saw the upcoming report on the morning news and came into the computer to find out what the story was about. We have also found this material on our home here in Plainfield. Just thought I would pass that information on. I am looking forward to finding out what your story finds out.
Karen

Westfield, IN

#6 Jan 22, 2009
I live in Noblesville and my white van is covered in these brown drips. It happened in the last couple days. I believe I can explain what they are. We have a large crab apple tree behind our house and have noticed in the last 4 days that it is being decended upon by Robins. They are back earlier than usual this year. They are eating the crab apples, I believe, because they are desperate for food. Robins live on worms and cannot find any right now. I believe that because they do not digest this diet well, they are pooping it all over the area.
Carol from Bloomington

Bloomington, IN

#7 Jan 22, 2009
Last Thursday, my car (parked on campus) was covered with brown splotches, just like described in the story. Since our parking lot is under big trees, my thought was birds. However, I never saw brown bird poop so was intrigued by this story. Looking forward to the resolution.
CONDOR

Noblesville, IN

#8 Jan 22, 2009
edd will be here soon to let everyone know the real cause is chemtrails,they are trying a new combination of chemicals and they didn't mix them right!Or maybe the gov. has found a way to get birds to drop edd's evil chemtrails on us!

“Splat!”

Since: Sep 08

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jan 22, 2009
SPLAT!!!!
Concerned

Beech Grove, IN

#10 Jan 22, 2009
Same thing in Greenwood in Barton Lakes...
Sigh

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jan 22, 2009
Black birds...
jan

Zionsville, IN

#12 Jan 22, 2009
It must be a slow news day when you feel you have to report on bird poop
Frank Lee

Edison, NJ

#14 Jan 22, 2009
Everyone thought it would be raining money after Obama was sworn in: guess again.
cornbread

Bloomington, IN

#15 Jan 22, 2009
jan wrote:
It must be a slow news day when you feel you have to report on bird poop
good call.
Johnny

Kendallville, IN

#16 Jan 22, 2009
This is a really crappy story...
Franklin Township

Vincennes, IN

#17 Jan 22, 2009
I live in Franklin Township and planes fly over our house as well. There is brown stuff all over my garage door and my cars. I think it is from planes not bird feces.

I would like to hear a response from the FAA about how the airlines dispose of their waste.
What are the regulations???
Camby

Lebanon, IN

#18 Jan 22, 2009
I can tell you it's definitely not bird poop... It's filthy and disgusting, and it covers more than a half mile. Take a drive down here and take a look for yourself if you'd like.
Camby

Lebanon, IN

#19 Jan 22, 2009
Johnny wrote:
This is a really crappy story...
Quite literally, try living in it!
Bubba

Edison, NJ

#20 Jan 22, 2009
Frank Lee wrote:
Everyone thought it would be raining money after Obama was sworn in: guess again.
Perhaps it was Air Force 1 flying over.
bird watcher

Lebanon, IN

#21 Jan 22, 2009
These mysterious spots are from a huge flock (hundreds) of brown/black birds. They have been in and around the Center Grove/Greenwood area for weeks now. They must be a migrating flock that stops to eat, rest, and well, poop. I am sure they will fly on soon enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathy Malwitz (Nov '12) Aug 18 Kathy Malwitz is ... 3
Kathy Malwitz Aug 14 Kathy Malwitz is ... 1
Johnny Bramlett Aug 14 J. Neice 1
Camby village Aug 10 Rick R 4
Dustin Vanhook (Jul '15) Aug 10 Rick R 5
News When The KKK Was Mainstream (Mar '15) Aug 4 soundsobad 37
Maggie H Jul 30 Dave 1

Camby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance