About 300 join gay-rights rally at St...

About 300 join gay-rights rally at Statehouse

There are 182 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 18, 2008, titled About 300 join gay-rights rally at Statehouse. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Coast to Coast Imports Quality Luxury Imports only at Coast to Coast Imports Dreyer & Reinbold Infiniti Great Lease Offers on the Infiniti FX35, G35x AWD and M35x AWD.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Local landlord

Greenwood, IN

#2 Feb 18, 2008
I have a transgendered tenant; you would never know that he is a she. Very friendly. Completely straight appearing. Does real well at getting hired for new jobs. But then gets fired when they find out he's transgendered. Its sad really, and not fair. Generally speaking I have tended to believe that we don't need any further gay rights legislation now that the sodomy statutes have all been repealed. I never thought it was right to jail people for having sex. But this transgendered's problem makes me understand a little better the discrimination he faces. So, as long as the language seems reasonable, I'm prepared to accept an anti discrimination in the workplace law. I'm neutral on the hate crimes portion. I was very moved by the Matthew Shepard story. But I'm not convinced the gay community would really benefit from gaining hate crimes status. How would that help? I'll keep an open mind till I understand better.
T-Mag

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Feb 18, 2008
Apparently Democrats don't want to give it a hearing like Pat Bauer promised so that we as citizens could decide.
Get Over IT

United States

#6 Feb 18, 2008
The Last Word wrote:
Much ado about nothing.
Wasted effort and energy.
Poor Drew is disillusioned living in a pretend Mommy, Mommy world.
Alas, Jesus would not discriminate, he hates sin, but not the sinner.
Good going my gay brothers and sisters!!
You are right: it's much ado about nothing, the bill should never have been introduced to begin with.
Drew will probably grow up better and more secure than the rest of the population due to his two mommies.
And alas, how do you know what Jesus hates!! Do you personally (and I mean personally, not in a fantasy way)know him. I don't think so. Don't speak on what Jesus likes or dislikes. If he were alive today, I would veture to say he would be downtown with the protesters.
Big O

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Feb 18, 2008
This make`s me want to puke.
Local landlord

Greenwood, IN

#8 Feb 18, 2008
I am glad that we didn't amend our State Constitution to prevent such marriages forever. I can certainly remember when it was not permitted for a black and a white to marry. It's better that we come into the new century with less baggage. The bible thumpers aren't always right. They were wrong on this. In my opinion Jesus would throw these evangelical hate mongers into the bowels of hell for preaching such hateful nonsense. These Fred Phelps types are mentally unbalanced I think. I can remember my great grandmother telling me when I was just a little boy that there was no one more hypocritical than a bible thumper. They all think they're so much better than everyone else till they get caught doing something shameful then they cry and ask for forgiveness. I'm glad the gay community won. That amendment would have enshrined a hateful bigotry into our constitution.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#10 Feb 18, 2008
Civil rights are not subject to the whim of the majority.
T-Mag wrote:
Apparently Democrats don't want to give it a hearing like Pat Bauer promised so that we as citizens could decide.
Jesse

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Feb 18, 2008
I don't agree with any special priviledges because someone is gay.

I would however be a fan of the hate crime bill, but that seems to only matter in the very rare, white on black crimes, so I won't back a one-way law.

As for Porter, I'm sorry, but I know several places that have gay employess, with health care. Just goes to show some people will say anything just to get a vote.
Hoosier rainbow

Pendleton, IN

#13 Feb 18, 2008
Crazyoldman wrote:
I think everyone at the rally acted very queerly....but I think that they were all having a gay old time....
Was that Kelvin Sampson standing back there on that cell phone?
AreUstupid

Rushville, IN

#14 Feb 18, 2008
Wow T-Mag, you seem to really catch on fast...you must have finished at least the 6th or 7th grade!!!!!! Now, for your new lesson, and why this country is so gosh darn backwards.......that (D) or (R) after someone's name that puts them in this little cliche..........is wrong..........just because one (D) says something doesn't mean all the other little (D's) need to line up behind and follow like sheep. Its the same reason that when a (R) takes office, and some other (R) doesn't vote the way that Bush...i mean (R) wants them too, they get labeled as a liberal (R), and people throw out their hate words. Any questions? No, good. Lesson over
Average Near Eastside Guy

AOL

#15 Feb 18, 2008
The Last Word wrote:
Much ado about nothing.
Wasted effort and energy.
Poor Drew is disillusioned living in a pretend Mommy, Mommy world.
Alas, Jesus would not discriminate, he hates sin, but not the sinner.
I can only hope that those were your last words. Ironic you choose to make those last words foolish and misinformed. Strange I think, that you would presume to not only know Life's outlook for Drew, you also seem to speak for Jesus Himself. My how the world must look so black and white from upon your perch on high.
Herein lies the problem with you bigots. You not only think you corner the market on issuing out moral advice, condemning this and approving that, but you also have fostered the notion that your authority to do so comes from God.
You stand around spewing out scripture and clamor about an all knowing and all powerful creator, with such immense strength and foresight and ultimate understanding. And then conclude that you and you alone have mastered the unknowable.
Everywhere you look, God has created wondrous diversity. Birds that fly and birds that swim. Grate Danes and wiener dogs. Grizzly bears and black bears. White people, black people, tall people, short people, boys who love girls and boys who love boys. It is clear and obvious to anyone with eyes that Diversity IS part of Gods plan. How strange you feel you have the brain power to understand God reasoning.
Drew looks to me to be amazingly happy and well adjusted. As are any children raised by two parents who love them and love each other and are raised in a house of respect and support. So sad you do not see the same thing because of your blinders.
WWW.WouldJesusDiscriminate.com . Check it out before you criticize it.
Truth Hurts

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Feb 18, 2008
What a waste of time. Get over it and go on with your life folks.
Truth Hurts

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Feb 18, 2008
Get Over IT wrote:
<quoted text>
Good going my gay brothers and sisters!!
You are right: it's much ado about nothing, the bill should never have been introduced to begin with.
Drew will probably grow up better and more secure than the rest of the population due to his two mommies.
And alas, how do you know what Jesus hates!! Do you personally (and I mean personally, not in a fantasy way)know him. I don't think so. Don't speak on what Jesus likes or dislikes. If he were alive today, I would veture to say he would be downtown with the protesters.
Sure, Jesus would be down there in the midst of them....he was always around weirdos, demonic people, sinners, outcast and the low lives of the earth.
Average Near Eastside Guy

AOL

#18 Feb 18, 2008
T-Mag wrote:
Apparently Democrats don't want to give it a hearing like Pat Bauer promised so that we as citizens could decide.
It had a hearing. In the fall. Just like he said it would. And it died in that hearing. Get with the program and try and keep up. Take notes if it helps.
Justamalltownboy

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Feb 18, 2008
Take government out of marriage. Government's involvement in marriage is just as a license tax anyway. Lets defuse this issue and let marriage be a religious ceremony again, not a political issue.

Thus, if you aren't religious, you don't have to feel obligated to get married.

All the rights of a spouse can be accomplished through a lawyer anyway.
Justamalltownboy

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Feb 18, 2008
Quit forcing me to accept your deviant behavior as normal.

When sexual reproductive organs don't fit, they don't fit. Abnormal.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#21 Feb 18, 2008
What "special priviledges" are gay people seeking?
Jesse wrote:
I don't agree with any special priviledges because someone is gay.
I would however be a fan of the hate crime bill, but that seems to only matter in the very rare, white on black crimes, so I won't back a one-way law.
As for Porter, I'm sorry, but I know several places that have gay employess, with health care. Just goes to show some people will say anything just to get a vote.
Get Over IT

United States

#23 Feb 18, 2008
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> Sure, Jesus would be down there in the midst of them....he was always around weirdos, demonic people, sinners, outcast and the low lives of the earth.
Well, then, you have it all wrong. I (and the gay people that I know) am far from being a weirdo, demonic, sinner, outcast and a low-life. Actually, I am complete opposite of all that you say. You, my friend, are a true bigot in all sense. I (and my partner) are both educated, high-paid, respected people who are caring and philantropic. You know, dude, if you met me on the street and we had a casual conversation, you would have no idea that I am gay and I bet you would like me. It's funny how setting at a keyboard makes people pompous and "10 feet tall".
IND60453

Middleboro, MA

#24 Feb 18, 2008
T-Mag wrote:
Apparently Democrats don't want to give it a hearing like Pat Bauer promised so that we as citizens could decide.
Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
You are all Greenhorns

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Feb 18, 2008
quit being a homo wrote:
Quit holding up those damn signs that say "Would Jesus Discriminate?" Cuz the answer is yes you idiots. That is what the whole christian religion is based on!!! They descriminate and denounce all that is sinful and Jesus' view of gays was sinful.
There is no Jesus and there is no fictional place in the sky. However if that helps you through the day because you think your going to some "paradise" when you die, then good for you. To you gay people, close your mouths and stay in the closet because there is far bigger problems then your gay rights.

“Monkey See, Monkey Do”

Since: Oct 07

Indy

#31 Feb 18, 2008
Dawg wrote:
I bet Liberal Tammy is fat and ugly. She must've had a boyfriend go gay after dating her.
I am almost certain "she" is neither "Liberal" nor "Tammy" probably a repressed, closet Gay man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
apartment/townhouse Jul 20 looking 1
anyone know any west virginia people down hear (Aug '09) Jul 18 WV boy 3
Unsolved Plainfield Homicide (Jul '09) Jul 16 shameful 6
Post removed about Cold Case (Sep '10) Jul 16 archy 18
Dustin Vanhook Jul 10 Big LB 1
looking around for LPN positions Jul 6 star 1
Body Found May '15 Layla 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camby Mortgages