Gay marriage commission fails to make...

Gay marriage commission fails to make recommendation

There are 43 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Apr 22, 2008, titled Gay marriage commission fails to make recommendation. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

A special commission appointed by legislative leaders to study same-sex marriage stopped just short in its final report Monday of recommending that the state become the second in the country - after ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
progressive

Yarmouth, ME

#60 Jul 26, 2008
Elmer Fudd wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "rapport".
I don't always agree with you, but this guy wants you a little too badly, if you know what I mean.
You seem to attract secret admirers here.
Maybe you should open a 1-900 business for them.
Yes,'rapport'(darn firefox didn't auto correct!); thanks!

I'm not sure what the attraction is; maybe someone who tries to think before they speak is a challenge for them.. lol
progressive

Yarmouth, ME

#61 Jul 26, 2008
Astin wrote:
The ridiculous political charade of homosexual "marriage" remains exposed as the fraud that it is.
No significant percent of homosexuals has "married" in ANY country that permits the oxymoron.
Homosexuals are NOT the same as other people. They seldom form longterm exclusive
relationships, often completely obsess on perversion, and have much elevated rates of many diseases and social ills. THIS is the reality.
No homosexual "marriage" is recognized by the US Government. We have a democratically established national definition of marriage as solely between one man and one woman.
No law could ever make even one homosexual relationship into a real marriage. It is of course ludicrous to claim that "equal rights" are involved in trying to disenfranchise others on the legal definition of marriage.
Homosexual "marriage" is a complete FRAUD.
Two unequals will NEVER be equal.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage, and the two are VERY different.
No homosexual relationships is the "equal" of a real marriage.
Marriage is indeed very different from any homosexual relationship:
Here are some MAJOR differences between real marriage and any sort of homosexual relationship, especially regarding any governmental involvement:
Like it or not, marriage and family are the basic building block of American Society.
No significant percent of homosexuals has "married" in ANY country that allows the contrived oxymoron and only about 1.6% of the US population claims to be "GLBT" anyway, so homosexual "marriage" fails on this one!
Children are the usual and natural result of real marriage. No child will EVER be born as a direct result of a homosexual relationship, so homomarriage fails on this one, too!
Having both a mother and father in the home is one of the best statistical predictors of a child's future success in life. No homosexual relationship can provide this.
Marriage is recognized as moral and necessary by nearly all Americans. Americans overwhelmingly reject homosexual "marriage" and most find homosexual acts to be immoral and damaging.
I'm singling you out because you posted most recently.

Homosexuality is not a 'perversion'.
There are plenty of heterosexual people out there (you'd probably be astounded at the numbers) who have sex in ways you probably fantasize about, but are too uptight to explore.

Most people who are outwardly vocal about their aversion to such 'perversions' are only that way because they don't understand them, are afraid of them, or tend to keep themselves socially confined to the point that they're unaware of cultural matters happening beyond their personal microsphere.

An4l sex happens between *lots* of people; not strictly homosexual men.
And not strictly between a man and a woman.

I doubt you'd actually be shocked at some of the sex acts you claim are 'perversion' if you were watching a heterosexual couple perform them.

I'm sure you watch movies where a heterosexual man and woman kiss. Or hold hands. Or proclaim their love for each other.

Most humans who have the capacity to be emotional and empathetic have those feelings toward other humans. For some, it's the opposite sex. For others, it's not.

What does it matter to you what happens behind closed doors, if it's not in your home? And, would you feel the same if your romantic/sex life were under scrutiny to the point that a law could prevent you from marrying the person you loved? Or made a crime certain things you might do in bed when you're feeling all a flutter?

I'm sure you'd feel a bit oppressed.
Put yourself in someone elses shoes. It doesn't mean putting yourself in their bed. It means: be empathetic to other humans, and understand that simply because you don't like it doesn't mean you get to say it's wrong and then make it so. There are others with thoughts and voices as well, and theirs count just as much.
GetALife

New Haven, CT

#62 Aug 9, 2008
I love people who quote God and the Bible regarding gay issues - it's all they have to stand behind. Pathetic. It's called treating people with respect and dignity...what a novel concept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cambridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is EuroFoodMart Legit? (Apr '11) Apr '15 Dude 28
News Restaurant hires PR firm after bacon brouhaha (Aug '14) Apr '15 Henu 3
News Vermont: Muslim War on the Word 'Bacon' (Aug '14) Nov '14 Former New Englander 4
News Vermont restaurant removes - bacon' sign after ... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Trisha 34
News Vermont legislators hear of child protection co... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Truth Hurts 1
Review: Bernasconi Construction (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jon Wheeler 1
News Cops: Vermont trooper shot suspect aiming phone... (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Cambridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Cambridge Mortgages