Bank of Eastern Shore how much money ...

Bank of Eastern Shore how much money was missing surely somone knows?

Posted in the Cambridge Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Holy Rice

East New Market, MD

#2 May 5, 2012
Let's get some of the facts straight starting with Sonny Robbins who was an advocate for a lot of the bad loans B of ES gave. Sonny Robbins had a 10 year 100,000 a year contact with the bank. In th summer of 2011 the Bank of Hebron offered to buy the bank giving Sonny a $300,000 buyout.It would have enabled shareholders to get back a little of their invstment. Greedy Sonny who wanted his million dollars nixed the deal. Now Sonny and the shareholders have nothing. Larry Mills was removed as the bank's real estate assessor at the request of the FDIC in 2009 because as a board member of the bank he had a conflict of interest. You see how accurate his assessments were. Ed Digges who is in jail for 99 years for defrauding elderly people in Texas,got the bank for millions. He and his wife Katie Kerr bought a number of homes in the Harris Drive Sandy Hill Road area with the proceeds. Digges who is the first cousin of bank lawyer Dickie Harrington had been in jail twice,once in the 1970s for staling from an estate and aroud 1990 for defauding Dresser Industries. Nice nepotism in loans.
Holy Rice

East New Market, MD

#3 May 5, 2012
The hits keep right on coming, Clearview,run by the brothers in law of Salisbury lacrosse coach Jim Berkman Todd and Scott Shilling went under in their business because they refused to fix a polluting pipe and could not pay the fine. Hmm and Scott Shilling was advocating community banking in the paper. After he wrecked Bank of the ES by going belly up on his loan.Then there former Cambridge City councilman Danny Swafford who defaulted on Section 8 rental housing loans. As did Butch Hachmeister.Danny Seabreeze partied away hi loan as did Bob Smith Automotive president Lee Denny.And the poor Board of Directors with such veteran businessmen as Bill Swann,Bob Davis and John Tieder let it all happen. What a pitiful story.
Bubba

Ridgely, MD

#4 May 6, 2012
Was Robbins' property @ 4 Harris Dr one of the properties The Digges gang purchased and financed at BES?? If so, that surely would have a distinct smell to it!!!
Bubba

Ridgely, MD

#5 May 7, 2012
Never mind --- I've answered my own question --- bought in the name of the wife. KATHERINE KERR---looks like this bunch was into the BES for at least $2.9 MILLION----- Wow
Iwanna know

San Diego, CA

#6 May 10, 2012
What are you trying to say?
Moron

Cambridge, MD

#7 May 11, 2012
you're an idiot!!! That is not true at all about Sonny Robbins for starters he earns $250,00 a year second the whole thing about Hebron is false its not up to Robbins him self, the board would have to votw as a whole. Dickie harrington was not the banks lawyer he was de-barred years ago and larry mills was forced to resign by the board for the shady things he was doing assesing houses.
Brownsugar

Cambridge, MD

#8 May 11, 2012
Moron wrote:
you're an idiot!!! That is not true at all about Sonny Robbins for starters he earns $250,00 a year second the whole thing about Hebron is false its not up to Robbins him self, the board would have to votw as a whole. Dickie harrington was not the banks lawyer he was de-barred years ago and larry mills was forced to resign by the board for the shady things he was doing assesing houses.
Since you seem to know so much why not post the truth about what happened that caused the bank to fail?
moron

Cambridge, MD

#9 May 11, 2012
Brownsugar wrote:
<quoted text>Since you seem to know so much why not post the truth about what happened that caused the bank to fail?
I was under the assumption that it was a direct result of people defaulting on loans and walking away from them. The things i stated are facts that has been shared with the public over the past years to the stock holders. I have held stock in the bank for over ten years and it has been on a downward slope since 08. why do you suppose they closed?
Brownsugar

Cambridge, MD

#10 May 12, 2012
moron wrote:
<quoted text>
I was under the assumption that it was a direct result of people defaulting on loans and walking away from them. The things i stated are facts that has been shared with the public over the past years to the stock holders. I have held stock in the bank for over ten years and it has been on a downward slope since 08. why do you suppose they closed?
Do you have any web links to what you say?
Moron

Cambridge, MD

#11 May 12, 2012
Brownsugar wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any web links to what you say?
. The yearly stock holders report, I do not believe its on the web.
Brownsugar

Cambridge, MD

#12 May 13, 2012
It would be nice if someone came forward with the truth.
Holy Rice

East New Market, MD

#13 May 13, 2012
This is why this blog was a good idea. By everyone imputing,the truth will eventually come out. Some one named Rich Wolf did this when Bob Smith Automotive went under and over 300 comments were made. The rumor about Sonny Robbin's refusal came directly from the mouth of boardmember Bill Swann so you can judge based on that.The Bank of Hebron offer appears to be true if you beleive Wayne Johnson whose son works for Bank of Hebron. It is true about Mills and Harrington and think the FDIC may have criticized the Bank for having Mills in that position when the bad loans were made.However the loans to Diggs a convicted felon were at least in part when Dickie was lawyer. And the fact that Mills was involved in "shady dealings" proves that he was doing the Bank wrong for years. This also raises the question why Mills's shady dealings have never been publicized and why the Bank never prosecuted Mills.
Brownsugar

Cambridge, MD

#14 May 14, 2012
Holy Rice wrote:
This is why this blog was a good idea. By everyone imputing,the truth will eventually come out. Some one named Rich Wolf did this when Bob Smith Automotive went under and over 300 comments were made. The rumor about Sonny Robbin's refusal came directly from the mouth of boardmember Bill Swann so you can judge based on that.The Bank of Hebron offer appears to be true if you beleive Wayne Johnson whose son works for Bank of Hebron. It is true about Mills and Harrington and think the FDIC may have criticized the Bank for having Mills in that position when the bad loans were made.However the loans to Diggs a convicted felon were at least in part when Dickie was lawyer. And the fact that Mills was involved in "shady dealings" proves that he was doing the Bank wrong for years. This also raises the question why Mills's shady dealings have never been publicized and why the Bank never prosecuted Mills.
Sounds like mills was receiving kickbacks, I wonder how many others were involved?
Discussed

Cambridge, MD

#15 Jan 23, 2013
You people, like Holy Rice, must think you are Holier than thou. Aren't you a know it all big shot rumor spreader who doesn't know squat about any of the banks dealings? Only hateful rumors, jealous blame and selfish words from you hurt many innocent people. You are not the big shot you think you are just because you can repeat someone's guess as to what happened.

How dare you attach the name HOLY to you? "Holy" implies of purness and sacredness. You rumor mill implies the opposite of Christ and his holy ways.

Still feel like a big shot- know it all trying to bring others down? You know nothing of which you spread hateful, jealous lies. I hate to think you walk this earth must less this wonderful county and I cannot image what pleasure you derive from others heartache.

It was a sad day for everyone in Dorchester County when the back closed and when you see it for anything other than that you are evil. The bank did so much good for those in need, by keeping farms going, helping our precious watermen and working with long term family businesses.

You are you to judge?

God will get you for that.
Stoober

Grasonville, MD

#17 Mar 26, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>The only ones God will get is the ones that were taking from the bank.
God doesn't "get" anybody, as long as you repent before you die. It's set up to forgive the guilty, and the only punishment is for the stooges in the here-and-now.
Tired

Easton, MD

#18 May 6, 2013
Who cares anymore. Remove this post
Merl

Almaty, Kazakhstan

#19 May 30, 2013
Now the Talbot bank is going under too.
Mr Potato Head

Salisbury, MD

#20 Sep 6, 2013
Is there any new news on this BOES issue. Is anyone going to be held accountable for the mismanagement of that business. just wondering..seems to me someone should be under investigation
Brother Love

Cambridge, MD

#21 Aug 2, 2014
Any new updates on this?...Mr Potato Head...anyone accountable?
MrMaster

Suitland, MD

#22 Aug 22, 2014
Brother Love wrote:
Any new updates on this?...Mr Potato Head...anyone accountable?
Hahaha i go chop ya dolla yoi be the mugu i be the masta

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cambridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking Jun '15 Anywhere 1
Mardela Springs Music Selection (Sep '12) Apr '15 Musikologist 11
Local Politics Do you approve of Victoria L. Jackson-Stanley a... (Aug '12) Mar '15 alj92 6
News Cambridge Commissioner Gage Thomas Charged With... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Lefty 1
Hey Cambridge Mayor is this a cover up? (Dec '10) Feb '15 Lefty 11
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white (Jan '15) Jan '15 5839kgw9 1
News Cambridge Police: Woman Dies After Being Run Ov... (Dec '14) Dec '14 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cambridge Mortgages