Connersville Plate
Randy Johnson

Franklin, IN

#1 Jul 22, 2012
Gotta wonder what the border on the plate for 2013 is going to look like.
A few empty factory buildings.
Bulldozed lots where houses used to be.
A pretty much vacant Whitewater Trade Center.
The empty building that once housed Cox's and then Erb lumber.
Power poles with signs for garage sales that happened two months ago.
And for the center, a house in a sea of unmowed grass with a for sale sign in front.
funny stuff

Rushville, IN

#2 Jul 22, 2012
Good job Randy, the only thing I could think to add would be a semi trailer lodged firmly under the overpass on central. I'am surprized there has not been any scolding as a person with a richmond ISP does not find making light of the plight of our country funny at all. Going so far as to say you have a mental problem and need help if you were to joke about anything like this. I dont understand why some people have to be so anal when all you are really doing is telling the truth
gypsywoman

Peoria, IL

#3 Jul 22, 2012
Here's one for the border of the 2013 plate: a person wearing pajama pants at the "new" WalMart!
Larry

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Jul 22, 2012
BTW..this plate from 1963 is for sale.(hint hint)
$100.00 five4one-22one2 after 5PM.
Randy Johnson

Franklin, IN

#5 Jul 22, 2012
funny stuff wrote:
Good job Randy, the only thing I could think to add would be a semi trailer lodged firmly under the overpass on central. I'am surprized there has not been any scolding as a person with a richmond ISP does not find making light of the plight of our country funny at all. Going so far as to say you have a mental problem and need help if you were to joke about anything like this. I dont understand why some people have to be so anal when all you are really doing is telling the truth
I actually thought about including a truck imbedded in the overpass but decided to leave it out. If it's included, it should be the infamous "chicken incident". Maybe some liberties with time can be taken and the image can show a bunch of people in pajamas running around catching them.
What I can't believe, is that I forgot to include the empty Kmart and former Bob Evans.
It's really a shame that they removed the telephone cable that the CVS store was built around. THAT would have brought tourists in by the bus load.
cool

Connersville, IN

#6 Jul 22, 2012
Larry wrote:
Wish I had the funds to purchase it! I've never seen one before. It was made before my time and no one in my family has one that I know of.
Granny

Thorntown, IN

#7 Jul 22, 2012
Maybe a picture of the oblivious people lined in the street at McDonalds' and diaper clad babies playing in the street. I could add a picture of my yard every morning before I go out and pick up all the fast food wrappers and cups tossed out windows when they are done eating that crap.

Our town is in a sad state. I can remember when people took pride in their homes (some still do) because they worked hard for it, but I guess as long as HUD and slumlords exist it's a battle that won't be won.
duh

Rushville, IN

#8 Jul 22, 2012
Granny wrote:
Maybe a picture of the oblivious people lined in the street at McDonalds' and diaper clad babies playing in the street. I could add a picture of my yard every morning before I go out and pick up all the fast food wrappers and cups tossed out windows when they are done eating that crap.
Our town is in a sad state. I can remember when people took pride in their homes (some still do) because they worked hard for it, but I guess as long as HUD and slumlords exist it's a battle that won't be won.
Well Granny back in the day every one had money to keep up these homes. Now with the houses aging the price of goods to keep them up skyrocketing and the low wages or no wages that the folks in this town get its no wonder things are like they are. I dont think its all lack of pride, its kinda more make do.
jdccon

Peoria, IL

#9 Nov 23, 2012
Larry wrote:
I also have one of these coo, plates.....I was 9 years old in 1963.....I'll sell my plate for $50.00 after you sell yours OK??
Pam

Connersville, IN

#10 Nov 24, 2012
Randy Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually thought about including a truck imbedded in the overpass but decided to leave it out. If it's included, it should be the infamous "chicken incident". Maybe some liberties with time can be taken and the image can show a bunch of people in pajamas running around catching them.
What I can't believe, is that I forgot to include the empty Kmart and former Bob Evans.
It's really a shame that they removed the telephone cable that the CVS store was built around. THAT would have brought tourists in by the bus load.
How about pic of the city owned bucket truck that hit over pass that worker had to be a pot head
Sue

Connersville, IN

#11 Nov 25, 2012
cool wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish I had the funds to purchase it! I've never seen one before. It was made before my time and no one in my family has one that I know of.
Goodwill rushville has one just like that one $3.00 also had richmond and ky plates,wish i would have got after i see this.
bleep

United States

#12 Nov 25, 2012
The Erb Lumber building isn't empty. The hospital uses it to store alot of miscellaneous things; mainly old records.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cambridge City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welfare mamas 40 min Chad 23
Fayette Hospital casual clothes 52 min janet 14
Dempsey Asbury arrested for Meth at smallys. ta... 1 hr Enquirer 8
lost my virginity, confused. 3 hr Wanda Doodat 6
Brandon vanblair 5 hr Curious 1
Jason pollitt 5 hr Curious 1
Connersville drama 6 hr The REAL Reba 1

Cambridge City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance