Police: Woman, 66, Captures Armed Robber

Full story: KNBC Los Angeles

A 66-year-old woman wrestled a robber to the ground Wednesday, giving police time to arrive at the scene and take him into custody, police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

YOU GO GIRL!
Observer

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

An absolute fool for putting her life at risk of serious injury or death by stabbing. Her life certainly isn't worth what little value that money was at the frigg'n chicken joint. I can't believe how stupid people put their lives at risk over a non-life-threatening situation. Most restaurants carry insurance to cover their robbery losses!
Tony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2008

I agree with Observer. No material thing is worth losing your life over.

I would recommend getting a Concealed Handgun permit. It is about time for the good people of America to stand up against the criminals that have polluted our land and stop being victimized.

Thanks to the Supreme Court Justices who will reaffirm our right to own a gun, they do get some of the rulings correct.

Observer

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2008

Right on, Tony. Thanks for concurring! You're absolutely right on the mark.
larry

Wilmette, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

Observer wrote:
An absolute fool for putting her life at risk of serious injury or death by stabbing. Her life certainly isn't worth what little value that money was at the frigg'n chicken joint. I can't believe how stupid people put their lives at risk over a non-life-threatening situation. Most restaurants carry insurance to cover their robbery losses!
You are so right!
Observer

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

Thanks, Larry. Glad that you agree too. Idiots abound in today's society, just like this dumb 66 yr old woman who tried to play super-hero. It had to have been pure dumb luck that helped her prevail in capturing this scum bag because by & large, the odds would be against most 66 yr old women going up against a 22 yr old male thug with a frigg'n knife. I wouldn't be lauding this woman for her heroics, rather I'd be admonishing her for her stupidity and lack of judgment! Idiot!
Anomaly

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

Obviously this 66 yr old woman was in better shape than that 22 yr old. He was probably looking for money while on a drug mission. I think she is awesome.
Old School Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

Sometimes in life you do what ya gotta do. This lady reacted to the moment and was successful. Unless YOU were there, know the facts that surround this event, hold your judgments until you do. Admire her willingness to not be taken advantage of and to stand up for what is right. We need more of that and less of the running off at the mouth when you don't have a clue as to what really happened. Admire her courage regardless if it was politically correct. A tip of the hat to this young at heart senior.
Observer

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

Hey, dumb-a$$, Old School Bob...go back and re-read the story. This old hag wasn't the victim, rather she intervened by putting herself at risk!
bjward

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2008

I happy that the senior citizen was not hurt; she just reacted without thinking. Yet, if she had of thought first; she would have had a different reaction.

Nevertheless, she's fine and the robber is in jail. which is a good thing.
That was an interesting story indeed.
Bob

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

Has anyone considered that maybe the 66 year old woman is sick and tired of all the crime going on these days and decided to make a stand herself? I say bravo lady for thinking about someone besides yourself. It's very rare these days.
And to anyone who says she should have stayed out of it, It's people like you that are the reason that the criminals are running rampant in Philadelphia. Unfortunately most people in this city not only would'nt try to stop a crime but also would'nt bother helping police with a phone call or even a description of a suspect.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Camas Discussions

Search the Camas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Police fear missing Washington girl may be traf... Jul 7 Nena Cataldo 1
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jun 26 Elise Gingrich 708
Clark County extends pot moratorium Apr '14 Lynn 2
Police: Woman, 66, Captures Armed Robber - News... (Mar '08) Apr '14 Yoyoyo 3
Tired of blacks in Washougal. Debate. Feb '14 Doughdill1 2
Washougal Hookups Jan '14 Anonymous 1
Review: Excavator Rental Services (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jak Manson 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Camas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000