Competitive rate

North York, Canada

#5066 Oct 10, 2012
Any interpretation agency asking you to cut your rate recently?

Please share your experiences.
New Telelanguage Interpre

Trujillo, Peru

#5067 Oct 16, 2012
I recently signed up with this company and it is hard to communicate with them and they never tell me how I am going to get paid....can anyone share their most recent experiences with telelanguage and if they pay their interpreters?
Old Telelanguage

Lima, Peru

#5068 Oct 17, 2012
I have been working with telelanguage for a few months and no problems yet they pay after almost one month after the month closes but they do pay!!
No Pay

Trujillo, Peru

#5069 Oct 18, 2012
I used to work for Tele and they still owe me, they never paid me for the time I worked and when I tried to either give them a call or email them I got no responses back. So, good luck to New and Old you are full of it (must be a Telelanguage employee)
Telescam

Trujillo, Peru

#5070 Oct 18, 2012
I applied for Telefraud (language) and they owe me, never paid me, that guy Kaz is a liar he doesn't answer emails and then he referred me to Leslie (the co-owner) that never replies to emails, that company is a scam. Never worked for a company that doesn't reply to their contractors/employees or just simply ignore them.
Hopeful

La Jolla, CA

#5071 Oct 18, 2012
Dear CdM, Thanks for the response. I have been super busy with PI lately so much that I do ask to log off often due to the stress I get with some calls. There is an interpreting company that uses computer for connection to the interpreter and the sound quality is so bad and hard to understand. It is called Language Access Network. They have been trying to save money for the clients by using some sort of Skype of something and boy the quality is poor and nothing has been done about it. I wonder how far they can go to save money and jeopardize the clarity of the communication between the provider/LEP and the interpreter. Anyhow knows what I am talking about?
Corona del mar wrote:
Hello Semi Hopeful. I'm still doing opi. Sometimes more calls and other time hardly any. Still hanging in there. You can apply for CLI on line.
Telelanguage

Trujillo, Peru

#5072 Oct 31, 2012
doesn't pay, they are the most irresponsible people or company I have ever worked with......
Hopeful

San Diego, CA

#5073 Nov 1, 2012
PI seems to cater them with their needs to certain languages. I have not had those calls for few days. What a relife. I have been working a bit less since the strom hit NY City and NJ. Also, the bad weather prevents the elderly to seek medical help. I am now worried about my own mortgage and must think about alternative jobs at the moment. I had lots of translation work last year that I do not this year. Does anyone know about TransPerfect? Have you worked for them ever? It seems like they are not as busy as they used to be! Anyone has any updates about new shift in interpreting? Any new agency they need interpreters and pay well?
Telelanguage wrote:
doesn't pay, they are the most irresponsible people or company I have ever worked with......
Corona del Mar

Salt Lake City, UT

#5074 Nov 1, 2012
Semi Hopeful,
Glad to know you are busy. It's a good thing to be busy making money and it seeps us sane, too.

I'm blessed to be able to use my God given talent to make a living. Can't imagine living without job these days.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of those who have been affected by Sandy storm. Millions are w/o food, water, shelter, supplies. gosh, it tore my heart when I saw nurse, medics evacuated the premie baby to another hospital. I heard she weighs 2 lbs then. Gracious, I hope she continues to strive and healthy as other babies.
Corona del Mar

Salt Lake City, UT

#5075 Nov 1, 2012
Correction....it keeps us sane instead of "seeps".
Corona del Mar

Salt Lake City, UT

#5076 Nov 1, 2012
Semi Hopeful,
LionBridge does pay well. Very well. They have everhthing, medical, fema, legal etc.
Need a job

Lima, Peru

#5078 Nov 23, 2012
New Telelanguage Interpre wrote:
I recently signed up with this company and it is hard to communicate with them and they never tell me how I am going to get paid....can anyone share their most recent experiences with telelanguage and if they pay their interpreters?
they hired OPIs from Peru??
melina

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#5079 Jan 11, 2013
ouch!!! PI is LLS now ,tears from my heart :(
Olin

Brooklyn, NY

#5080 Jan 18, 2013
Hi, I have been working as an OPI for several months now, however the company I work for does not have many medical clients (government agencies mostly). Now that I am trying to start signing in with more companies, I realize that most of the calls will be medical. I did pass some of the so called "tests", but do very well realize that it in no way makes me an expert in the field. I have been devouring the medical terminology recently and reading up on the conditions and rocedures. My medical backround comes down to my parents being doctors, but that's pretty much it. I would really appreciate some guidance from the older and seasoned members of this community, like MIDISymphony, Hopeful, Sam and others. Interpreting has always been my dream, I even have a formal education (bachelor's degree in translation from my home country). I never thought I would be doing it though, so I am now excited and determined to become good at this. Bottom line: what rocedures should I look up (read up about), please describe the most frequent types of medical calls you get (are those check ups or something more specific?) Do you recomend any particular glossaries/reference materials? Thanks so much for all your help, I am just very apprehensive and feel a lot of responsibility, as I realize, once you log in, you're on your own..
Hopeful

La Jolla, CA

#5081 Jan 18, 2013
melina wrote:
Me too. Got the news and can not believe it either. Been working with PI for more than 6 years and now, not sure what the future will be?
Hopeful

La Jolla, CA

#5082 Jan 18, 2013
Corona del Mar wrote:
Semi Hopeful,
LionBridge does pay well. Very well. They have everhthing, medical, fema, legal etc.
I would love that, however I have never had luck getting any respond from them. My ten years experience and degree does not mean anything to them. How are you doing darling? Long time no talk. How is our buddy from Ohaio?
Hopeful

La Jolla, CA

#5083 Jan 18, 2013
Need a job wrote:
<quoted text>
they hired OPIs from Peru??
Telelanguage is an agency from hell! Stay away as much as you can. There are plenty of other companies you can get a job from. They are the disgrace to interpreting agencies.
Olin

Brooklyn, NY

#5084 Jan 18, 2013
melina wrote:
The way this is going, we will all soon beg LLS for an $8 per hour shift. The only way I see to stop this companies from making interpreters into a cheap fast phone providers is to create an interpreters owned company based on intergrity, professionalism and profit sharing, which will cater to interpreter's needs and will be owned by interpreters... Now, that could be powerful! We could leave all the bloodsuckers at loss. Who would work for them then? If the interpreters had a company for themselves, and the "revenue" would go to their pockets? The clients would also appreciate such company, where interpreters are paid well, have time to hone their skills and knowledge, don't have to work 3 jobs to survive...
Olin

Brooklyn, NY

#5085 Jan 18, 2013
Meanwhile, PI are hiring on craigslist...
http://newyork.craigslist.org/search/jjj...
What does this mean?...
MIDISymphony

Uniontown, OH

#5086 Apr 2, 2013
I'm with CLI now and I'm a happy camper .
Anyone with PI contract will become LLS employee. I'm glad I quit PI back in Sep. 2012 and signed contract with CLI. Pacific Interpreters were becoming a prick in the pants for me - very unfriendly and invasive. I only make up to $1K monthly with CLI but it's the money we put away in out budget anyways. Also I only have 6 more years left to start collecting SS pension. And time is flying ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camarillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oxnard Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 22 Mary 2
Thousand Oaks County Mugshots and Criminal Arre... Sep 22 Mickey 2
News Khloe Kardashian looks pretty cool in a colour ... (Jun '12) Sep 17 Ray 4
News Caitlyn not guilty of manslaughter (Sep '15) Sep 17 Ray 2
News Producer/Arranger/Musician Neil Giraldo Adds Ar... (Nov '13) Sep 15 DARK TRIAD MAN 5
Collage (Jan '15) Sep 11 anonymous 101
Warning!! Do not use Tumblr.com!!! Sep 8 Nate Wertheimer 3

Camarillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camarillo Mortgages