National gas prices down 9 cents in p...

National gas prices down 9 cents in past 2 weeks

There are 14 comments on the www.sacbee.com story from Dec 4, 2011, titled National gas prices down 9 cents in past 2 weeks. In it, www.sacbee.com reports that:

That's according to the Lundberg Survey of fuel prices, released Sunday, which puts the price of a gallon of regular at $3.29. Of the cities surveyed, Alburquerque, N.M., had the nation's lowest average price for gas at $2.84. San Francisco had the highest at $3.67. In California, the lowest average price was $3.54 in Fresno.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sacbee.com.

Lance Winslow

Orinda, CA

#1 Dec 4, 2011
Glut. Oil companies have increased overseas sales of refined products in order to support US prices.

Since: May 11

Ballwin, MO

#4 Dec 5, 2011
Virginia Jim wrote:
It's still $1.31 gal higher than it was when Bush left office.
THAT fact will be totally ignored, when we hear from the White House today on how the Obama policies are working to rein in fuel costs!

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#5 Dec 5, 2011
Little late with this story. Prices are going back up again. Was $3.05 last week. It's $3.15 today.

Location hidden

#6 Dec 5, 2011
Virginia Jim wrote:
It's still $1.31 gal higher than it was when Bush left office.
According to GasBuddy.com the price of gas in January 2009 was 1.61. In the last 3 years it has never reached the all-time high of 4.12 in June of 2008.

Instead of making stuff up, why not LOOK it up? You're already on the computer.

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.asp...

Location hidden

#8 Dec 5, 2011
Virginia Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Under Bush, Gas prices rose 7%.
Under Obama, gas prices rose 67%
http://capitolcommentary.com/2010/04/10/gas-p...
But don't you remember. Back when Bush was president and people complained they were told....the president doesn't have any control over gas prices. It's supply and demand.

I would assume it's still supply and demand.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#9 Dec 5, 2011
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
According to GasBuddy.com the price of gas in January 2009 was 1.61. In the last 3 years it has never reached the all-time high of 4.12 in June of 2008.
Instead of making stuff up, why not LOOK it up? You're already on the computer.
http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.asp...
making stuff up?
are ya stupid?

january 2009, when, AS YOU SAY, gas was $1.61, WAS when bush left office. that's $1.35 less than it is here...and, THAT'S as cheap as it's been in over 2 years!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#10 Dec 5, 2011
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
But don't you remember. Back when Bush was president and people complained they were told....the president doesn't have any control over gas prices. It's supply and demand.
I would assume it's still supply and demand.
i remember EVERY left wing loon blaming bush and cheney...screaming about them manipulating the prices to enrich their pals...
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Dec 5, 2011
Does Obama know about this, he does not like the gas prices going down, he wants then high so he can hope people will change to smaller cars and use less. Yes, go change and hope.
bob burm

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Dec 5, 2011
Robert wrote:
Does Obama know about this, he does not like the gas prices going down, he wants then high so he can hope people will change to smaller cars and use less. Yes, go change and hope.
but he on vacation!!! keeep up the goooooooood work Americain...the Congress wil tak they last vacation soon and let the Suprice Court to 999mayor hearing! ;-00

Location hidden

#14 Dec 5, 2011
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
making stuff up?
are ya stupid?
january 2009, when, AS YOU SAY, gas was $1.61, WAS when bush left office. that's $1.35 less than it is here...and, THAT'S as cheap as it's been in over 2 years!
Or

Or we could say that's when Obama TOOK office and it's never been as high as it was when Bush was president - 4/12 in June of 2008.

It's all persepctive.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 5, 2011
Virginia Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Partially true, except for Obama has the federal fuel tax at 18.9 cents per gallon now, and with the state excise tax in place as well, fuel tax now averages 27.4 cents per gallon. That's about 5 1/2 bucks extra we must pay during each fill up
Everybody wants their piece of the pie. And we, the consumer, lay down and let them take it. With the state gas tax some of you have to pay, I don't know how you do it. Talk about gouging.
Ox Ct

United States

#16 Dec 5, 2011
sweet...kudo to the obama admin for moving the country forward
Lookout Below

Nokomis, FL

#17 Dec 5, 2011
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody wants their piece of the pie. And we, the consumer, lay down and let them take it. With the state gas tax some of you have to pay, I don't know how you do it. Talk about gouging.
So once again we get bent over and given the ole "Sandusky".

Location hidden

#19 Dec 6, 2011
Lookout Below wrote:
<quoted text>
So once again we get bent over and given the ole "Sandusky".
Well, we could call it rape or consensual, but either way we must like it because we don't do anything to change it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camarillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oxnard Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 22 Mary 2
Thousand Oaks County Mugshots and Criminal Arre... Sep 22 Mickey 2
News Khloe Kardashian looks pretty cool in a colour ... (Jun '12) Sep 17 Ray 4
News Caitlyn not guilty of manslaughter (Sep '15) Sep 17 Ray 2
News Producer/Arranger/Musician Neil Giraldo Adds Ar... (Nov '13) Sep 15 DARK TRIAD MAN 5
Collage (Jan '15) Sep 11 anonymous 101
Warning!! Do not use Tumblr.com!!! Sep 8 Nate Wertheimer 3

Camarillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camarillo Mortgages