artist ms charlotte ann meckley

artist ms charlotte ann meckley

Posted in the Camano Forum

swt

Smithville, MS

#1 Dec 1, 2012
anyone on info of ms charlotte ann meckley, a watercolorist from i believe this area? any info would be appreciated.thanks!!
dbreen

Seattle, WA

#2 May 24, 2014
Hello.
I knew a Charlotte Meckley from Mercer Island, Washington.. She had five kids that I used to babysit....Husband's name was Jim.

She died a few years ago. Super nice lady with a fabulous talent. I have a painting she did for me as a wedding present which I consider to be a "prized possession."

I heard one of her daughters lives (or did) on Bainbridge Island.

I would love to have more of her art work.

Hope some some this information helps.
lbyj

Seattle, WA

#3 Sep 26, 2014
swt wrote:
anyone on info of ms charlotte ann meckley, a watercolorist from i believe this area? any info would be appreciated.thanks!!
Charlotte Meckley was my mother. She passed away about 10 years ago. Amazing artist, and amazing mother. She raised her kids on Mercer Island, and lived in Coupeville for a while. Her work is still out there. I have found some on ebay.
steveo

Sun City, CA

#4 Oct 8, 2014
dbreen wrote:
Hello.
I knew a Charlotte Meckley from Mercer Island, Washington.. She had five kids that I used to babysit....Husband's name was Jim.
She died a few years ago. Super nice lady with a fabulous talent. I have a painting she did for me as a wedding present which I consider to be a "prized possession."
I heard one of her daughters lives (or did) on Bainbridge Island.
I would love to have more of her art work.
Hope some some this information helps.
i have something from her with the family of angelfish says 14/100
Brittkneez

Auburn, WA

#5 Oct 24, 2016
lbyj wrote:
<quoted text>
Charlotte Meckley was my mother. She passed away about 10 years ago. Amazing artist, and amazing mother. She raised her kids on Mercer Island, and lived in Coupeville for a while. Her work is still out there. I have found some on ebay.
I have a watercolor by "I think" her daughter Mimi Louise Meckley? It was given to me by a friend and I don't have a place for it. Would any of you in the seattle area be interested in it?

It's three teddy bears titled "Charlotte'a Bears" and its hand signed in pencil 6/200. I believe it's an actual watercolor not a print.
skleon

Hamilton, OH

#6 Dec 28, 2017
I bid on a picture of beautiful iris flowers, "Eye of Heaven I" by Charlotte Ann Meckley. 50/200. I tried to look up the artist, and found this....
sandy higgins

Tampa, FL

#7 Feb 1, 2018
Just bought a 2/200 print called Fluff And Flurry. it is signed by Charlotte Ann Meckler. it is a Chipmunk and has been hand colored in august 1988. Would this be the artist I am looking for?
LibbyJ

Seattle, WA

#8 Apr 16, 2018
Brittkneez wrote:
<quoted text>

I have a watercolor by "I think" her daughter Mimi Louise Meckley? It was given to me by a friend and I don't have a place for it. Would any of you in the seattle area be interested in it?

It's three teddy bears titled "Charlotte'a Bears" and its hand signed in pencil 6/200. I believe it's an actual watercolor not a print.
Charlotte was my mother. I would very much love to have that print. I remember that one very well. It's an etching with part of it hand colored. Please let me know how much you are asking for it - and thanks.
Ken citron

Rockaway, NJ

#9 Sunday Jun 3
LibbyJ wrote:
<quoted text>

Charlotte was my mother. I would very much love to have that print. I remember that one very well. It's an etching with part of it hand colored. Please let me know how much you are asking for it - and thanks.
Hi. My wife and I have 3/4 of a set of pansy prints done by your mom. We love them and are looking for the one missing print. Would you have any idea where we might find it. Thank you. Best, Ken.
LibbyJ

Seattle, WA

#10 Monday Jun 4
Ken citron wrote:
<quoted text>

Hi. My wife and I have 3/4 of a set of pansy prints done by your mom. We love them and are looking for the one missing print. Would you have any idea where we might find it. Thank you. Best, Ken.
I check ebay and do google searches to see if anything of hers has come up for auction. I wish I had a more concrete source for you - and me. I remember well those pansies. They became very popular and she was hand coloring the etchings morning, noon and night. After a while they became known as the "damn pansies", with so many orders. She really loved those flowers, though, and had lots in her garden, and in small bouquets around the house.
Good luck in your search. Lots of those sold, so they are out there.
Regards,
Libby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacob Anderson Property: 1398 Crosby Road Oak H... (May '17) Feb '18 Laurie Pfeiffer F... 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Jim Slowik as Mayor? Feb '18 MysticWolf229 1
Do not rent from Churchill & Associates, they a... (Dec '07) Feb '18 MysticWolf229 80
heres the DEAL (Nov '14) Feb '18 Heather Masters-S... 3
Why Oak Harbor Sucks (Feb '17) Feb '18 Heather Masters-S... 9
Review: Shannon Marie Byelick Jan '18 SHANNON MARIE BYE... 1
brown (Nov '14) Dec '17 Anonymous 3

Camano Jobs

Personal Finance

Camano Mortgages