Wildflower

Dunmor, KY

#1 Mar 23, 2011
Is this a good place for my dads rehab after a fall and a new hip?
Jake

Nebo, KY

#2 Mar 25, 2011
No... my sister is 35 and had four massive strokes rendering her incapable of taking care of her self, they were so neglectful they didn't even realize that her feeding tube had gone gone down to where it wasn't letting any food in, it nearly killed her. They were routinely let her go for hours and once a full day with wearing soiled clothes to the point where she had rash from it. If it weren't my dad and step mom giving her a shower then chances were she did not get one. There is a special spot in hell for the people that run Oakview, and I hope they find it.

Central City, KY

#3 Apr 3, 2011
No way! My grandmother was there for rehab. They neglected her as well. I went in and marked her diaper in the am. When we went back that night, she still had the same one on. It had been 13 hours! It is a TERRIBLE place. They are completely understaffed as well. She was quickly taken out.
They also never respond to alarms going off in rooms. I once found my grandmother hanging off her bed naked with her pajamas and a wet diaper hanging off of her. Her bed alarm was going off and she was calling for help. It was noon, and she had not been fed all day.
I seriously would not send any family member or friend there!!
morther in here

Central City, KY

#4 Sep 21, 2011
No. My mother is in this place and im an ex empoly. Work there 3yrs ago. moved on for better paying job. I left my here. Now i have larned how badly treated and trying to get her out. They have fired all the good aids ex 2. Haired new people for less pay and these people are to busy gosiping and playing on there cell phones. lie on people that do there job. they would reather have someone who kiss but and lie for them and sits on there but talking about people, then someone who would work day and night and come in anytime they need them.They have infestion with head lice all the time even crabs. hopital's have called state cause of how they don't give residents baths it bad.
contractor

United States

#5 Sep 27, 2011
As a hired contractor for Kindred I do work at Oakview a few times a year and I know it's a good place to get laid, on more than one occasion a certain employee has came to my hotel room at night and my crew next door too, so it's a nice extra benefit
oh really

Mayfield, KY

#6 Oct 24, 2011
how would someone find out if their spouse is screwing around with someone up there?
not sure

Upton, KY

#7 Nov 7, 2011
oh really wrote:
how would someone find out if their spouse is screwing around with someone up there?
chance are there not most people are gay that work there. Then again there are a lot of holes. They are always hiring apply for a part time job.
suck

Marathon, FL

#8 Nov 15, 2011
there are two cleaners that are gay and dope heads. i wouldnt send my dog to oakview.
not enough caring

Upton, KY

#9 Nov 19, 2011
There's more then just cleaners. The administer is gay,and some nurses. I'm not against gays. Dope heads all kinds. I seen it in person. I've seen nurse smoke pot while working. No one believed me! I'm against the care that people receive. They are always firing people that care and keeping the ones that just hold the walls up. When I was out there a woman stole stuff for the residents. They fired her. Then hired her back. Wtf. Most the time all the residents get to eat is chicken noodle soup. On 3rds you can forget about care. They only have 3 cna's to work the building. Its to much for one person to work one hall. When you ask for help they refuse to hire. It would cost them to much. The more they spend the less the administer get on her bonus check. Must people only last 2 days lol. To much drama not enough caring.
Heck No!!!

Detroit, MI

#10 Nov 20, 2011
When you take your concerns to the administer about the lack of care that the people are reviving. She simply say if you don't like it you don't have to work here. That put the caring person in a hard spot. Yes I can go some where else, but who else well take care of them.
K-KIM

Adel, GA

#11 Nov 28, 2011
u r right about that, i only lasted 2 days, they kept piling and piling up more work than that could possibly be done i a shift. it is a bad bad place.
BUMP

Nortonville, KY

#12 Nov 28, 2011
Recently I found out that my sister was also abused their by some of the physical therapists. I really hope this place gets shut down and their administrative staff gets punished by having to live in a place like oakview.
Heck No!

Upton, KY

#13 Nov 28, 2011
BUMP wrote:
Recently I found out that my sister was also abused their by some of the physical therapists. I really hope this place gets shut down and their administrative staff gets punished by having to live in a place like oakview.
. Did you call state?
BUMP

Marathon, FL

#14 Nov 29, 2011
We don't have enough proof. All we have is enough hear say, and the way my sister has acted since to put the pieces together. I wish we did though. Honestly the way she was cared for was enough to call the state on them for.
Heck No!

Upton, KY

#15 Nov 30, 2011
Sorry to hear. Is she still there?
Used to work there

Pleasant View, TN

#16 Feb 27, 2012
There isnt anyOne there that cares. Everyone is sleepin with everyone else. Couple of housekeepers there heather n christine who are good for nothin drug addict hoes. Cindy the dyke bitch will stab anyone in the back so her boss dont know she aint got a clue about how to run a nursing home. Patients are abused by the nurses. Sad place and sad people.
morgan

Owensboro, KY

#17 Mar 20, 2012
NOOOOO!!!! My father passed away December 7, 2010 because his nurse, Anita, gave him 2 crackers and a small juice box for his extremely high blood sugar. She never checked on him again. By the time the shifts changed his blood sugar had dropped to 6 and he was in a diabetic coma for 4 days before he was taken off life support. If anyone knows that Anita woman's last name I need it please

Since: Mar 12

Pontiac, IL

#18 Apr 2, 2012
[QUOTE who="Heck No!!!"]When you take your concerns to the administer about the lack of care that the people are reviving. She simply say if you don't like it you don't have to work here. That put the caring person in a hard spot. Yes I can go some where else, but who else well take care of them.[/QUOTE]

amen sister..same thing was said to me
amy

Owensboro, KY

#19 Apr 15, 2013
Lakeway nursing home is the same way bad place to work at

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calvert City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
so called haunted house near possum trot (Jul '11) Sun Possum Poltergeist 46
Sponge bob Oct 15 Champions 1
Patrick Egner Oct 15 Star 3
James Carter Oct 13 Your friend 1
Possum Troy Iga girls (Jul '15) Oct 13 Curious 20
There's a older lady(hot)that drives a (Mar '16) Oct 12 Rusty Ryan 5
owner of mega gym Oct 9 sake. 1

Calvert City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance