Calvert City man killed walking along...

Calvert City man killed walking along roadway

There are 2 comments on the The Paducah Sun Online Edition story from Jul 19, 2012, titled Calvert City man killed walking along roadway. In it, The Paducah Sun Online Edition reports that:

A car hit a man walking along on a roadway this morning, killing him. Marshall County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy David Maddox reports today that Archie T. Griggs, 61, was walking at 6:23 a.m. south along Griggstown Road when a Plymouth Neon Kyle R. Clark, 26, was driving struck him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paducah Sun Online Edition.

How

Baldwin City, KS

#1 Jul 19, 2012
How do you not see someone? How fast was he going to do that much damage? Noticed he was a race car driver?
road

United States

#2 Jul 19, 2012
I have traveled that road for more than 10 yrs and where the accident happened it was a blind area and at the time it happened more than likely the sun could of been a factor and makes it hard to see. If you don't understand how someone could not see someone please before you judge Kyle drive that section of the road early on the morning and with all the blind curves and hill its a very dangerous road. In the last 10 years 3-4 people has been killed in that area. Both people involved I knew personally and they was great people. Kyle was one in church every Sunday with his wife and children. Kyle is crushed by the accident. This happened within 1/4 of my house and within a half mile of both of their houses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calvert City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Revolution fitness 23 hr Curious 4
Shar-Cal Road ATV accident cover-up Wed Johnson 2
north marshal water Wed Johnson 3
kurt powell Tue little bear 3
tennesse river (Sep '12) Mon Cypress creek 11
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jun 25 HOMEEE 644
russell allen Jun 24 curiousity 1

Calvert City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calvert City Mortgages