Calvert City man killed walking along roadway

Jul 19, 2012 Full story: The Paducah Sun Online Edition

A car hit a man walking along on a roadway this morning, killing him. Marshall County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy David Maddox reports today that Archie T. Griggs, 61, was walking at 6:23 a.m. south along Griggstown Road when a Plymouth Neon Kyle R. Clark, 26, was driving struck him.

Full Story
How

Baldwin City, KS

#1 Jul 19, 2012
How do you not see someone? How fast was he going to do that much damage? Noticed he was a race car driver?
road

United States

#2 Jul 19, 2012
I have traveled that road for more than 10 yrs and where the accident happened it was a blind area and at the time it happened more than likely the sun could of been a factor and makes it hard to see. If you don't understand how someone could not see someone please before you judge Kyle drive that section of the road early on the morning and with all the blind curves and hill its a very dangerous road. In the last 10 years 3-4 people has been killed in that area. Both people involved I knew personally and they was great people. Kyle was one in church every Sunday with his wife and children. Kyle is crushed by the accident. This happened within 1/4 of my house and within a half mile of both of their houses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calvert City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bradham 3 hr wife 4
Cougars wanting hot young men 8 hr haha 8
What happened to Savana Selwitz discussion????? (May '14) 8 hr 4real 42
Naked blonde on trailcam 10 hr mike 4
Pepsi truck wreck (Aug '13) 19 hr Henry 14
days inn calvert Fri mad 1
jeff edward Fri ex resident 9
Calvert City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Calvert City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Calvert City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Calvert City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:35 AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions