did you know about this??

Posted in the Calvert City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lmao

Tucker, GA

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Lacys resturant is closing bc the managers that took it over a year ago has gone under??
idiot people suck

United States

#2 Dec 5, 2012
I love how people want to say stuff when they have NO IDEA what they are talking about. I don't know the whole story about what is going on but I do know how morons in Marahall Co. Like to run their mouths when they arent even a part of it. Give people a break and worry about your own problems. Working in the restaurant industry myself with food cost going up the first of the year I dont see how anyone can stay open.
Formula 1

Paducah, KY

#3 Dec 5, 2012
The place went way way down after Mrs. Linda retired. I hope she will take it back over and get things going again. It used to be a great restaurant.
MC

Romeoville, IL

#4 Dec 5, 2012
It has not been as good as it use to be so we stopped going. I'm not surprised.
Dale Gribble

Paducah, KY

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Heard the same thing and not surprised. The food is not good and the place is empty all the time. Oh well maybe somebody good will take it over. We don't need another empty building in Benton.
pam

Mayfield, KY

#6 Dec 5, 2012
Never cared for it before or after. Canned food..yuck
u sure

United States

#7 Dec 5, 2012
pam wrote:
Never cared for it before or after. Canned food..yuck
so how much of that food did u prepare.

I must have walked right by the canned fried chicken, frog legs, ribs, and steaks section at Wal-Mart.

calling the food at Lacey'd canned pretty much some any use of you in any kitchen. it may be a lot of other adjectives but certainly not canned.
so what do we want

United States

#8 Dec 5, 2012
What kind of restaurant does Benton need. What would go over well?
Previous Poster

Paducah, KY

#9 Dec 5, 2012
If we would have voted yes for beer sales then someone would fill that building up even faster....
What does Benton want

United States

#10 Dec 6, 2012
There is not a great place in Benton to eat. So what does everyone want? What style of restaurant would you like to see in Benton? Obviously a good one, but what would go over the best?
An employee

Tucker, GA

#11 Dec 6, 2012
Well Paducah will love what Laceys as to offer will ig wont be Laceys but something new. Not my place to leak all the info.Nothing but good seafood and being able to sell booze will boost sales tremendously. It will all be up and running summer of 2013.
curious

Villa Park, IL

#12 Dec 6, 2012
What does Benton want wrote:
There is not a great place in Benton to eat. So what does everyone want? What style of restaurant would you like to see in Benton? Obviously a good one, but what would go over the best?
I would love to see something like a Ryan's buffet. A sonic. A frozen yogurt shop.
What does Benton want

United States

#13 Dec 6, 2012
Those are 3 different things. Ryan's buffet is just like Lacys buffet. And sonic gets all thier food frozen!
Yogurt shop is great for summer but what about year round!?
curious

Villa Park, IL

#14 Dec 6, 2012
What does Benton want wrote:
Those are 3 different things. Ryan's buffet is just like Lacys buffet. And sonic gets all thier food frozen!
Yogurt shop is great for summer but what about year round!?
Have you eaten at Ryan's ???? They are nothing like Lacey's.

I like sonic for their drinks.

I love frozen yogurt all year !

You asked, so why criticize?
What does Benton want

Chicago, IL

#15 Dec 6, 2012
I have eaten at Ryan's, and Lacey's, they both suck!
Sonic has good drinks, but frozen food. Someone can't make a successful business in Benton on drinks alone, at least not without the wet vote.
I too love frozen yogurt, but it would never succeed year round in our small community. Even the ice cream shops in Paducah close for the winter.

I am not criticizing. I am asking for realistic answers!
Shiiiiii

Tulsa, OK

#16 Dec 6, 2012
Well I would first ask if another restaurant is really what we need? Let's turn it into something that can direct kids to something fun or maybe healthy. A gym or maybe the first successful Internet cafe. Two polar opposites but lets face it kids are lazy and people are unhealthy. And by the way for anyone old enough to remember which if you have went to Lacey's you probably do know we have had a sonic and it also went under or got bought out years ago. I liked the Lacey's but it is for a much older group of people. If I were to stay a restaurant then make it something bigger and nicer like Applebee's, Logan's, or Ruby Tuesday's..
Dale Gribble

Paducah, KY

#17 Dec 7, 2012
An employee wrote:
Well Paducah will love what Laceys as to offer will ig wont be Laceys but something new. Not my place to leak all the info.Nothing but good seafood and being able to sell booze will boost sales tremendously. It will all be up and running summer of 2013.
Yeah right. You are being told this so you won't quit during the last few days before the doors close. It's time to start looking for a new job. Hopefully someone new will come in and run things right and you won't lose your job. I hate seeing empty stores in Benton so I'm hoping something happens. Mrs. Lacey had a great business for many many years so I know it can be done.
Formula 1

Paducah, KY

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Shiiiiii wrote:
Well I would first ask if another restaurant is really what we need? Let's turn it into something that can direct kids to something fun or maybe healthy. A gym or maybe the first successful Internet cafe. Two polar opposites but lets face it kids are lazy and people are unhealthy. And by the way for anyone old enough to remember which if you have went to Lacey's you probably do know we have had a sonic and it also went under or got bought out years ago. I liked the Lacey's but it is for a much older group of people. If I were to stay a restaurant then make it something bigger and nicer like Applebee's, Logan's, or Ruby Tuesday's..
I agree with you except for the Applebees and others. They would have come here if it wasn't for the do gooders that opposed alcohol sales. You remember they had all these great alternatives to alcohol sales????.....That worked out great didn't it?
Reality

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 7, 2012
There will not be an Applebee's or Logan's or any other big chain come to Benton. The population is not large enough. That's why there hasn't been one to go into Calvert . Not enough people. It is a shame to see a "mom n pop" business shut down. We need to support our local businesses instead of shopping/eating at the the big chain establishments! That's the reason there are empty buildings in the area. Shop small Saturday should be everyday! That's how we help our community!
Reality

Chicago, IL

#20 Dec 7, 2012
We have the ability to make/keep jobs in this area. The question is "will we?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calvert City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Filbeck Cann King closing? 3 hr Lloyd 18
vote and thank the democratic 6 hr Gary G 23
Greg conner 'dexter' 6 hr Just asking 17
Peter long prong is... 7 hr Just saying 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Tue Bolshevik USA 639
lisa nelson. who is she (Apr '14) Jan 15 long tooth 16
Side chick Jan 15 Curious 1

Calvert City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calvert City Mortgages