“the One and Only.....”

Since: Dec 10

Steger

#10822 Feb 13, 2013
So the big excitement last night was fire trucks up and down Wallace, false alarm, thankfully. FB is far too public forum in this little town, rather stay here.
diversion

Quincy, IL

#10823 Feb 14, 2013
I agree with the other 4 previous posters, this is still the steger forum (facebook not a favorite) ignore the idiot and reclaim our forum!!!! Unfortunately have no new Steger news to post, but still look forward to talking to town members via this forum when needed! Come back neighbors don't be defeated by some mindless loner!
fire trucks

Steger, IL

#10824 Feb 14, 2013
StegerFox wrote:
So the big excitement last night was fire trucks up and down Wallace, false alarm, thankfully. FB is far too public forum in this little town, rather stay here.
I heard someone smelled gas and called.

“the One and Only.....”

Since: Dec 10

Steger

#10825 Feb 14, 2013
Do we have any food pantrys here in Steger?
Steger Resident

United States

#10826 Feb 18, 2013
Here's a website for food pantries in Illinos
http://feedingillinois.org/need/...
diversion

Quincy, IL

#10827 Feb 19, 2013
StegerFox wrote:
Do we have any food pantrys here in Steger?
I see that on the village website under community organizations they have listings for the greater chgo. food depository and St.Liborious, and other useful info. along with phone numbers.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10828 Feb 19, 2013
Steger Resident wrote:
Here's a website for food pantries in Illinos
http://feedingillinois.org/need/...
Looks like the Pantry of Rich Township in Richton Park is the closest one....not very close, though....
Smart Meters

Chicago, IL

#10829 Feb 20, 2013
Lifer Looking to Leave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks both were informative...especially the second. Wonder what ComEd would do if we tried to tell them that we wouldn't accept the new meters.
Is there any more news on Smart Meters coming to Steger? Our liberties are are becoming null and void!This is very frightening...Our America as we knew it, is leaving us.
Smart Meters

Chicago, IL

#10830 Feb 20, 2013
diversion

Quincy, IL

#10831 Feb 21, 2013
Fire depts. from nearby comm. called to 22947 State St., Steger all kinds of sirens (Thought it was parade-just kidding.)
Jim

Jersey City, NJ

#10833 Mar 7, 2013
Cee Cee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not correct about the restauants in Steger. Doug's Dairy Whip has always had great food and even better now. Give it a try. Raspberry's Pancake House is the Best!!! You get more for your money, it is very very clean, the owners are very friendly and the waitersses are the best. Best breakfast place around and lunch is great too! Ye Old 5 Loaves has great food too. You can eat in or carry out. It is also very clean. Harry's is a pig sty and filthy. Bambinos is okay.
hahaha raspberry's is a joke of a restaurant an its only clean in the dining area my food had multiple hairs in it my wifes food was nowhere near here right order an my kids food was cold dont waste your time here
carrie

Quincy, IL

#10835 Mar 28, 2013
When steger people say they are done they mean it. No one has written in long time. can't find the steger site on facebook and feel out of sync with all of you.
easy

Steger, IL

#10836 Mar 28, 2013
carrie wrote:
When steger people say they are done they mean it. No one has written in long time. can't find the steger site on facebook and feel out of sync with all of you.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2630610403994...

Let me know it that works.
Typist

Chicago Heights, IL

#10837 Mar 29, 2013
Carrie - I still check in, in case anyone shares anything. Not on facebook so, yeah, out of the loop here too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10838 Mar 29, 2013
What a shame...This was a usefull and fascinating thread, for so many.....
Still Here

Chicago Heights, IL

#10839 Mar 29, 2013
I have a feeling there are many silent observers here. Facebook doesn't have alot of the info, or gossip, that was on here.
Concerned but Afraid

Chicago Heights, IL

#10840 Mar 30, 2013
Ok, lets see who may still be around on this page.

Any info on the multi-car accident on Steger Rd. a few days ago? Nothing in the papers.

Any info on the older gentleman who somehow left a Steger bar with 2 younger men and later was found beaten over by Columbia Central? Rumors all over about this one. He's in ICU up at Rush Hospital.

Haven't seen a Police Blotter in months....
To be honest, don't really want to post these type of questions on Facebook.

Concerned but Afraid to be

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10841 Mar 30, 2013
Just happened to check this. I haven't checked in weeks. You might not see much about the accident in the papers as technically I believe it was a Steger Estates call as it was right in front of Richton Rd on Steger Rd. Steger's village limits do not extend down that far. Steger was probably on the call as mutual aid.

I haven't heard anything about the guy beaten. That's concerning as I live right down the street. If what you say is true then it sounds like a robbery\assault.
Typist

Chicago Heights, IL

#10842 Mar 30, 2013
There was also an accident last week or the week before at Chicago and Steger Roads. Looked like one car was diagonal in NB Chicago Rd, right between Citgo and 7-11, and looked like a pickup truck was in the 7-11 parking lot. Firemen were sweeping up glass when I went by at about 2-ish. Firetruck, I think 2 ambulances, several police cars. It wasn't a snowy day because I remember thinking how odd it was that on a clear day there would be an accident.

Didn't see anything about it in Southtown, but... doesn't seem to be any "news" about Steger anymore, including the blotter. Maybe they've taken to FB too. ;)
watcher

Chicago Heights, IL

#10843 Mar 30, 2013
Concerned but Afraid wrote:
Ok, lets see who may still be around on this page.
Any info on the multi-car accident on Steger Rd. a few days ago? Nothing in the papers.
Any info on the older gentleman who somehow left a Steger bar with 2 younger men and later was found beaten over by Columbia Central? Rumors all over about this one. He's in ICU up at Rush Hospital.
Haven't seen a Police Blotter in months....
To be honest, don't really want to post these type of questions on Facebook.
Concerned but Afraid to be
older man was offered ride when he was leaving Glass Tap then beaten and robbed and dumped near Auggie's Dogs on Union. He is out of hospital, still looking for the trash that did this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calumet City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review; Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club (Jul '14) Fri InterestedWriter 24
Garafalos Finer Foods (Jun '10) Thu InterestedWriter 6
Review: Speedway Transportation And Rebuilders Apr 23 kukbjj 2
granite expo mike kosyla Apr 23 T Tommy 1
Linnae Brayant Smith 2290 Cottonville Rd.Sycamo... Apr 23 J k Tommy 2
Review: Granite PRO Apr 22 T Kelly 3
Steger Police Retirement Apr 21 very long time re... 1
More from around the web

Calumet City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE