Dolton man charged with attempted murder

Dolton man charged with attempted murder

There are 11 comments on the The SouthtownStar story from Apr 22, 2009, titled Dolton man charged with attempted murder. In it, The SouthtownStar reports that:

A 21-year-old Dolton man has been charged with attempted murder and armed robbery for allegedly attacking an elderly man earlier this month in Calumet City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The SouthtownStar.

Just in Dolton

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 30, 2009
The only way this guy got caught it happen in
Calumet City. Nothing happen in Dolton. No Crime, No Breaking in, No killings, No gangs, and No Drugs. No new paper reports. Guess we great in Dolton.
Just in Dolton

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 30, 2009
Just in Dolton wrote:
The only way this guy got caught it happen in
Calumet City. Nothing happen in Dolton. No Crime, No Breaking in, No killings, No gangs, and No Drugs. No new paper reports. Guess we great in Dolton.
Their was just another shoting in Dolton 3:45 PM ON 1135 SIBLEY BLVD. did you here? No one here about thing like that.
Dolton

United States

#3 May 1, 2009
Just in Dolton wrote:
<quoted text>Their was just another shoting in Dolton 3:45 PM ON 1135 SIBLEY BLVD. did you here? No one here about thing like that.
My Aunt that lives in Morgan Park will be calling later to say she heard it on WBBM-AM. We are right here and we do not know anything--was that at the bowling alley?
Just in Dolton

Chicago, IL

#4 May 1, 2009
Dolton wrote:
<quoted text>My Aunt that lives in Morgan Park will be calling later to say she heard it on WBBM-AM. We are right here and we do not know anything--was that at the bowling alley?
It is hard to know were you can go in Dolton. No way to pretact our shelf and our children. There was a Shooting on Manor and Calumet on Friday and I just here about in today.
It's like top secret or something. I guess if we don't know then can't hold people acountable. Like the police or the Mayor. So maybe we need to post what we know here on this page. The New paper don't have any info. I just don't understand what this is all about.
WhatEver

Chicago, IL

#5 May 1, 2009
Just in Dolton wrote:
<quoted text> It is hard to know were you can go in Dolton. No way to pretact our shelf and our children. There was a Shooting on Manor and Calumet on Friday and I just here about in today.
It's like top secret or something. I guess if we don't know then can't hold people acountable. Like the police or the Mayor. So maybe we need to post what we know here on this page. The New paper don't have any info. I just don't understand what this is all about.
The people who should be held accountable, are the ones doing the shooting...not the police department or the mayor. Most townships don't announce every single crime committed in that city. For one thing, it creates a sense of paronoia and panic. Second, bad things happen every where people. Orland Park has a severe issue with domestic violence. Wives are getting their ends whooped left/right. However, you will never read about it in the papers!!!!! Not to mention the major Crystal Meth problem in Homer Glen/Orland/Tinley. Guess, what? That's not in the papers either!!!!! Lake County is having a serious gang problem....yep the Gang 2-6, is causing major problems! You won't read about that either!!!!!!!!!! Dolton has its issues just like other towns. However, all people do is complain, don't go to meetings, and post on Topix. No one wants to be pro-active! Just re-active!

I also find it interesting that all those candidates splitting the vote during the election...are hush...hush. I mean what...they don't care anymore...since they didn't win? What happened to all that, "I can't stand to see what is happening to Dolton, blah...blah...blah? What happened to all this solidarity and changing things? I think Jason House have attended a Village meeting or two, since the election. Where are the others? So...funny! They all were a bunch of hot-air!
Dolton need help

Chicago, IL

#6 May 2, 2009
WhatEver wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who should be held accountable, are the ones doing the shooting...not the police department or the mayor. Most townships don't announce every single crime committed in that city. For one thing, it creates a sense of paronoia and panic. Second, bad things happen every where people. Orland Park has a severe issue with domestic violence. Wives are getting their ends whooped left/right. However, you will never read about it in the papers!!!!! Not to mention the major Crystal Meth problem in Homer Glen/Orland/Tinley. Guess, what? That's not in the papers either!!!!! Lake County is having a serious gang problem....yep the Gang 2-6, is causing major problems! You won't read about that either!!!!!!!!!! Dolton has its issues just like other towns. However, all people do is complain, don't go to meetings, and post on Topix. No one wants to be pro-active! Just re-active!
I also find it interesting that all those candidates splitting the vote during the election...are hush...hush. I mean what...they don't care anymore...since they didn't win? What happened to all that, "I can't stand to see what is happening to Dolton, blah...blah...blah? What happened to all this solidarity and changing things? I think Jason House have attended a Village meeting or two, since the election. Where are the others? So...funny! They all were a bunch of hot-air!
In some case your wright. Most people come home from work and they don't come back out of there homes. But we do have a right to know what is happening in are village. If not then they don't have to take care of it and that is what happening right now. Most of the shooting are the kids who have broken in home out here and are bring protected by someone who does not want them arested. GET IT ! That another reason we don't know. If we know what was going on we could call when we see this kids who have problems and they would be in jail not robbing our homes. So my children could walk the street and I would not be worryed. BUT no names No address of these people shooting at so we could be watching out for each other. About the people running for electing it was not about the town that so many ran it was to make sure who won.They didn't know who would run so the stack the deck.
It been done here before. That why you don't see them talking about anything or at meetings. Has for the people who won NO,NO,NO, CHANGE NO,NO,NO CHANGE!!! Or thing would be put out there.
tiffany

Schaumburg, IL

#8 Jul 29, 2009
dolton is not good its bad as hell out here i been out here for thirteen years dolton changed its a mess they just keep what happens in dolton to thereself
Jr in Dolton

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 29, 2009
tiffany wrote:
dolton is not good its bad as hell out here i been out here for thirteen years dolton changed its a mess they just keep what happens in dolton to thereself
I heard there is some kind of meeting with the business about crime in town! Everyone should here about our town. We have no idea what happening in Dolton.
I think the Mayor should step up and take charge.(What a Wimp)He act like everything is ok here. Just Keep Dreaming Mayor Lewis and you just Dream right out of office. Just shows the right team is so out of TOUCH IN DOLTON!!!
Wanda

Dolton, IL

#10 Aug 5, 2009
Calumet City is just as bad....Hear about shootings all the time but not from the police or newspapers..Our mayor posts "Not for publication" on all the crime happening here.........We find out by accident or from people who are involved...Guess no one wants to let people know how bad things are in this once great place to live
Jack M

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 12, 2009
Will here is another person hurt Aug.9-10,09 and we don't here about it. I guess they haven't had someone hurt or kill that is in the public circle of Dolton. They don't say how many cars are broken into every night that Mr.Ricky open either. You can see all the Glass all over Dolton on the streets. Do you know who got shoot? Are they ok or not? We can guess they didn't put the liquor away just for the young people they are letting came in. I wonder if there parents where their kids are?
Pace Rider

Lansing, IL

#12 May 4, 2011
Sees Squad cars at Dolton bowling alley round 530 ish parked in the turning lane in front and ambulance and fire truck in parking lot as pace 350 passes building so I knew somthing was up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calumet City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harvey Trailer park shooting (Sep '08) Wed Harveys a funny name 27
Remembering Old Time Harvey (Mar '10) May 15 taviz 303
Why is Medicaid better than Medicare? W.T.F? May 10 lin 3
Gangs in harvey (Apr '06) May 8 offset 105
The Great Mayor Gonzalez (Aug '17) May 7 Marco 4
Seretse and Leon Robinson May 7 woulfie5758 1
Cornelius Cunningham family May 1 Janet La-Rae 1

Calumet City Jobs

Personal Finance

Calumet City Mortgages