Have Johnny Robertson and his COC bee...
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#342 Apr 4, 2014
http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/recommendedread...

Are you prepared and willing to do a Berean like testing of Paul? There is no easier passage to analyze than Romans 7 to prove Paul was an extreme apostate -- claiming the eternal God who revealed Himself at Sinai died at the cross and never revived -- because Paul clearly depicts Him as a dead husband replaced by Jesus' after the resurrection.
Simply put, in Romans 7, Paul explains the Law of Moses is dissolved because it only had dominion over us while the husband that gave it lives, but now that He died, we are loosed from the husband-God who gave the Law. We are now free from the Law accomplished by Christ's death. After Christ died and rose from the dead, we are free to marry "another" -- another husband who has no Law of Moses extended to us any longer. Paul elsewhere speaks of Jesus as the husband of the church. Then read with Romans 7, this means that we do not commit adultery marrying Jesus only because the old husband who gave the Law is dead. The advantage of our new husband is that He no longer has any Law to follow. So Paul says.
Shocking, isn't it?
The only thing I added to Paul's words that turn them into this shocking claim is to make clear that the one who died is the husband-God who gave the Law. It is this element that is clearly implied, and once acknowledged (as do some Paulinists), the next frightening conclusion is inescapable: the God of Sinai died at the Cross. Then when Jesus resurrected, this did not resurrect the God of Sinai because otherwise the Law would be revived. We would still have to obey it. The next shocking element is Paul means that Jesus represents a new husband to replace the dead God of Sinai. As Paul says elsewhere: ""I have espoused you to one husband," Paul tells the Corinthians metaphorically, "that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ" (2 Cor. 11:2).
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#343 Apr 4, 2014
"a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"

Perfect verse a Protester uses to show how asinine the theology of SS is.

I rightly divide the word of truth but everybody else doesnt.

From a Catholic book too. Bizarre.
William

Birmingham, AL

#344 Apr 4, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/ recommendedreading/167-romans- 7-a-major-incongruity.html

Are you prepared and willing to do a Berean like testing of Paul? There is no easier passage to analyze than Romans 7 to prove Paul was an extreme apostate -- claiming the eternal God who revealed Himself at Sinai died at the cross and never revived -- because Paul clearly depicts Him as a dead husband replaced by Jesus' after the resurrection.
Simply put, in Romans 7, Paul explains the Law of Moses is dissolved because it only had dominion over us while the husband that gave it lives, but now that He died, we are loosed from the husband-God who gave the Law. We are now free from the Law accomplished by Christ's death. After Christ died and rose from the dead, we are free to marry "another" -- another husband who has no Law of Moses extended to us any longer. Paul elsewhere speaks of Jesus as the husband of the church. Then read with Romans 7, this means that we do not commit adultery marrying Jesus only because the old husband who gave the Law is dead. The advantage of our new husband is that He no longer has any Law to follow. So Paul says.

Shocking, isn't it?

The only thing I added to Paul's words that turn them into this shocking claim is to make clear that the one who died is the husband-God who gave the Law. It is this element that is clearly implied, and once acknowledged (as do some Paulinists), the next frightening conclusion is inescapable: the God of Sinai died at the Cross. Then when Jesus resurrected, this did not resurrect the God of Sinai because otherwise the Law would be revived. We would still have to obey it. The next shocking element is Paul means that Jesus represents a new husband to replace the dead God of Sinai. As Paul says elsewhere: ""I have espoused you to one husband," Paul tells the Corinthians metaphorically, "that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ" (2 Cor. 11:2).
Did you write this article?
William

Birmingham, AL

#345 Apr 4, 2014
Mike Peterson wrote:
"a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"

Perfect verse a Protester uses to show how asinine the theology of SS is.

I rightly divide the word of truth but everybody else doesnt.

From a Catholic book too. Bizarre.
Paul must've really done a number on ol' Timothy then. Telling him to study to show himself approved unto God, and not telling him to also consult the CCC or to undertake the umpteen sacraments of the Catholic church so that he could pass all of that on to faithful men who shall teach others also. He also completely failed to mention that Peter would be calling the shots. Maybe that's all found in Romans 17.

What people like you desperately want that verse (2 Timothy 2:15) to say is: "Study with a priest to show thyself approved unto the Pope, a faithful check-writing parishoner that needeth not to be ashamed, showing up on Sunday to watch some clown in a dress do a magic trick with crackers and wine."

There's Roman Catholicism in a nutshell.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#346 Apr 4, 2014
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul must've really done a number on ol' Timothy then. Telling him to study to show himself approved unto God, and not telling him to also consult the CCC or to undertake the umpteen sacraments of the Catholic church so that he could pass all of that on to faithful men who shall teach others also. He also completely failed to mention that Peter would be calling the shots. Maybe that's all found in Romans 17.
What people like you desperately want that verse (2 Timothy 2:15) to say is: "Study with a priest to show thyself approved unto the Pope, a faithful check-writing parishoner that needeth not to be ashamed, showing up on Sunday to watch some clown in a dress do a magic trick with crackers and wine."
There's Roman Catholicism in a nutshell.
Did Paul write 1st and 2nd Timothy and Titus? Did Mark write Mark?
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#347 Apr 6, 2014
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you write this article?
Wish I did, but it was from the author of the site referenced. I discovered the issue through study of what Jesus did teach and discovery of the OT passages His teachings directly were from. EVERYTHING He taught was from the Torah, Psalms and Prophets, so it's extreme folly to think to cast them aside to believe what He taught as though it was something new or a new covenant or a new Law or a new liberty. The liberty He taught is the truth of God that sets men free to do as God instructed in the first place - and the Spirit is to write His instructions on our hearts to enable us to love Him as we should and He desires. Ez 36:25-27

http://www.onediscipletoanother.org/id8.html
anonymous

Eden, NC

#348 Oct 5, 2014
Glad to see this Thread is still here. I noticed other Threads directed toward Johnny Robertson are no longer here they have been removed. At least I cannot locate them. One is particular named Thus Saith Johnny Robertson.
Ernie

Davisboro, GA

#349 Oct 5, 2014
Johnny fled town. He's a nobody now. A year from now nobody will remember him or his church.
Mike_Peterson

Jackson, MS

#350 Oct 5, 2014
Ernie wrote:
Johnny fled town. He's a nobody now. A year from now nobody will remember him or his church.
Like all low end protesters
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#351 Oct 6, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all low end protesters
Mike, you are never going to get anyone to start considering the Catholic Church as a viable alternative to any of the failing Protestant Churches if you maintain such an acid tongue. Do they call Catholics "high headed hyporcrites"? or other such taunts? Give it a break and just talk sense. Truth will do more good than taunts or threats - we can all see how it does Dollarsbill no good.

http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/topicindex/360-...
Mike_Peterson

Terry, MS

#352 Oct 6, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>Mike, you are never going to get anyone to start considering the Catholic Church as a viable alternative to any of the failing Protestant Churches if you maintain such an acid tongue. Do they call Catholics "high headed hyporcrites"? or other such taunts? Give it a break and just talk sense. Truth will do more good than taunts or threats - we can all see how it does Dollarsbill no good.

http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/topicindex/360-...
High end protesters came up with the name of low church or low end churches. It is a good term to determine how far from the fullness of the Truth is.

You for example are the farthest from that Truth I have seen.

You call St Paul a liar. For worse than anything I have said. Besides your wild imaginations what you just said you are hypocritical

Would you like a list of those who have thanked me . Just one of them coming home was worth it to me

You respond to your audience
Funny

Eden, NC

#353 Oct 12, 2014
FUNNY HEADLINERS SHOW
PART 2

Afterwards Charles Roark said he didn't think everybody in that Church could pass every test Johnny Robertson had for them. Johnny Robertson said they didn't have too and that was the thing about the Church of Christ when you mess up they admit to it and the other churches don't. Johnny Robertson said " Here's the test how can you tell that they don't admit it. They still hold my criminal activity from when I wasn't even a Christian against me"

Roark told Johnny Robertson that he still did that to him too. Johnny Robertson said he didn't hold him guilty of it.(Both laugh out loud) Roark told him he would bring it up in an argument (still laughing) Johnny Robertson said it was different and Roark said " I mean when we're in a GOOD FIGHT man you'll bring it up You get offended by it but you will throw it right at me"
Then Johnny Robertson said to Roark quote: "What well I actually remember saying that Charles is saying that HE AND LARRY HAVE SUCH A GREAT LIFE and if you have a great life WHY ARE YOU OVER HERE (Johnny looks over to his left at the tv station) SMOKING A TRAIN LOAD OF DOPE. You know a great life what we all know dope it's a what. It spazes you out or what ever". Charles Roark told him to speak for himself (Laughs again) Then Johnny Robertson said " SO IF HIS LIFE IS SO GREAT WHY IS HE trying to exit it by smoking a train load of dope." he told Roark that was his point about whatever it was what he was doing in his criminal past. He told Roark he had brought it up (referring to Roark).'
Charles Roark then said to Johnny Robertson, "OK but I do think that uhhh in a kind of a fun way
I THINK THAT A JOINT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR YOU EVERY NOW AND THEN.(both laughing again) I'll just say that and we'll end the show. YOU NEED IT JOHNNY".
The show ended with both Johnny Robertson and Charles Roark wiggling in their seats both laughing as if they were having a great time discussing this.
During this show Roark made the statement again that Johnny Robertson thought he was going to HELL. Johnny Robertson once again told him he was afraid so. According to Johnny Robertson on the judgment day GOD IS GOING TO SAY TO ROARK quote: " Charles you just chose to demote everything I promote".
Funny

Eden, NC

#354 Oct 12, 2014
FUNNY HEADLINERS WGSR TV SHOW JOHNNY ROBERTSON AND CHARLES ROARK

Part 1

Earlier on this show among other subjects Johnny Robertson brought up the subject of a person he referred to as Malvestor to Charles Roark. Charles Roark had shown a paper named "The Final Call" he said Malvester was distributing out and Roark had picked up one for Johnny Robertson. Johnny Robertson said Malvestor had said they were going to raise up Danville. Johnny Robertson told Roark he had this person they called Malvestor admitting to killing Malcom X and they
(I guess he meant Muslims) killed him in broad daylight and said he got what he deserved.

Roark showed a page of the paper again where a picture of women dressed in long clothing with covering for their heads. Roark made a remark asking why the women allow their men to make them dress up like that. Roark said if he were a woman he would think somebody was trying to control him making him dress like a NUN. Johnny Robertson they were dressing like that admitting submission that was their way of saying they submit???
Charles Roark then made the statement to Johnny Robertson that they were tough on their women too. Johnny Robertson said their women chose to be SUBMISSIVE. He told Roark that his wife was waiting on him outside.

CHARLES ROARK SAID "YOU WON'T LET HER COME IN AND GET IN THE AIR CONDITIONER"
Johnny Robertson told Roark NO they had lived on the equator for seven years and she was comfortable there. Johnny then said much more that out here YAKING (holds his hands up in gesture) in front of a camera). Johnny Robertson said that's one of the things they are opposed to as far as the women taking over the churches. Johnny Robertson said she was out there either reading a newspaper or looking at Facebook one or the other.
Ernie

Forsyth, GA

#355 Nov 14, 2014
The more I read about Johnny and the Church of Christ he has, the more I laugh at him. He's not a preacher. He's a scarecrow. He's a clown.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#356 Nov 14, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
High end protesters came up with the name of low church or low end churches. It is a good term to determine how far from the fullness of the Truth is.
You for example are the farthest from that Truth I have seen.
You call St Paul a liar. For worse than anything I have said. Besides your wild imaginations what you just said you are hypocritical
Would you like a list of those who have thanked me . Just one of them coming home was worth it to me
You respond to your audience
Love is as love does, and love for God was defined by God and the Christ, and is in direct opposition to the love taught by Paul. You love your Church, which loves Paul - the NT Balaam who set aside the definition of what love does according to God and Christ - Paul paganized the Roman Church faith - that you love Paul, the lair, is no mystery to me! You love Paul because he said to set aside the definition of love as given by God.

God loves those who obey Him and keep His everlasting covenant. Your Church has always hated those of God that base love on His terms and definition.

Does love believe all things? Or does love believe God is true to His every word and promise?

Truth is that Yahshua has said what love for God does - and neither you, me, or Paul can set that standard aside as done away with. Love for God desires to abide in the Son by abiding in His words that lead to eternal life.

John 15:9-15; "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing, but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."

John 14:23,24; "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words, and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me."

Revelation 22:14; "Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city."
anonymous

Eden, NC

#357 Nov 15, 2014
COC CONFUSION

From time to time Johnny Robertson and a couple of other COC preachers has said on TV
THEY ARE NOT PERFECT

Mark McMinnis on one of his TV shows told a caller HE WAS PERFECT

When the caller told Mark McMinnis NO ONE WAS PERFECT Mark McMinnis told the man
HE WAS PERFECT referring to himself as him being perfect
anonymous

Eden, NC

#358 Nov 15, 2014
Funny wrote:
FUNNY HEADLINERS SHOW
PART 2
Afterwards Charles Roark said he didn't think everybody in that Church could pass every test Johnny Robertson had for them. Johnny Robertson said they didn't have too and that was the thing about the Church of Christ when you mess up they admit to it and the other churches don't. Johnny Robertson said " Here's the test how can you tell that they don't admit it. They still hold my criminal activity from when I wasn't even a Christian against me"
Roark told Johnny Robertson that he still did that to him too. Johnny Robertson said he didn't hold him guilty of it.(Both laugh out loud) Roark told him he would bring it up in an argument (still laughing) Johnny Robertson said it was different and Roark said " I mean when we're in a GOOD FIGHT man you'll bring it up You get offended by it but you will throw it right at me"
Then Johnny Robertson said to Roark quote: "What well I actually remember saying that Charles is saying that HE AND LARRY HAVE SUCH A GREAT LIFE and if you have a great life WHY ARE YOU OVER HERE (Johnny looks over to his left at the tv station) SMOKING A TRAIN LOAD OF DOPE. You know a great life what we all know dope it's a what. It spazes you out or what ever". Charles Roark told him to speak for himself (Laughs again) Then Johnny Robertson said " SO IF HIS LIFE IS SO GREAT WHY IS HE trying to exit it by smoking a train load of dope." he told Roark that was his point about whatever it was what he was doing in his criminal past. He told Roark he had brought it up (referring to Roark).'
Charles Roark then said to Johnny Robertson, "OK but I do think that uhhh in a kind of a fun way
I THINK THAT A JOINT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR YOU EVERY NOW AND THEN.(both laughing again) I'll just say that and we'll end the show. YOU NEED IT JOHNNY".
The show ended with both Johnny Robertson and Charles Roark wiggling in their seats both laughing as if they were having a great time discussing this.
During this show Roark made the statement again that Johnny Robertson thought he was going to HELL. Johnny Robertson once again told him he was afraid so. According to Johnny Robertson on the judgment day GOD IS GOING TO SAY TO ROARK quote: " Charles you just chose to demote everything I promote".
When Johnny Robertson said to Roark, "What well I actually remember saying that Charles is saying that HE AND LARRY HAVE SUCH A GREAT LIFE and if you have a great life WHY ARE YOU OVER HERE (Johnny looks over to his left at the tv station) SMOKING A TRAIN LOAD OF DOPE"

Does this mean Johnny Robertson hangs around people that are SMOKING TRAIN LOADS OF DOPE since it seems Johnny Robertson was in the TV station and had seen someone either Roark or Larry Surber or both smoking a train load of dope.???????
Ernie

Forsyth, GA

#359 Nov 15, 2014
Maybe Johnny smokes dope. Something is wrong with his brain. Maybe dope. Maybe syphilis from prison. Johnny doesn't act like sane people do.
leelee

Birmingham, AL

#360 Feb 22, 2015
Olethros wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay what is the difference between baptism in a Church of Christ and baptism in a Baptist church?
A person is being baptized with water in both. So both baptisms are biblical. Can't see how one is more or less than the other.
In the Baptist church, baptism is NOT for the remission of sins. In the churches of Christ, which follow the New Testament where Jesus said to be baptized for the remission of sins, repentent sinners are baptized for the remission of their sins. Their is a huge difference.
leelee

Birmingham, AL

#361 Feb 22, 2015
Sorry, my error, I meant "there", not their.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Callands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Are you going to audition as a Pit Stop dancer? 18 hr Aaron 0
Debate: Marijuana - Danville, VA (Aug '10) 19 hr Demarcus 34
Catholics (Feb '14) Fri Barnsweb 2,732
Yamato closing to make way for new PIT STOP str... Thu Yolanda 2
Some Protestants Jul 1 Mike_Peterson 12
Does anyone know.....Crystal Hardy os Shannon R... (Aug '10) Jun 30 Crystal Hardy 6
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Jun 29 Barnsweb 46
More from around the web

Callands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Callands Mortgages