Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

The disciples of Messiah are called:
Christians----------Acts 11:26. 1 Peter 4:16.
Saints----------Romans 1:7. 1 Cor.1:2.
Children of God----------Galatians 3:26, 27.
Brethren----------1 Corinthians 2:1. Col. 1:2.
Priests----------1 Peter 2:5, 9.

Local congregations are called:
Churches of Christ---------- Romans 16:16.
Church of God---------- 1 Corinthians 1:2.
Body of Christ----------Eph. 1:22, 23. Col. 1:24.
Bride of Christ----------Revelation 19:7.
Church of the first-born----------Hebrews 12:23.
House of God----------1 Tim. 3:15.
The church of the living God----------1 Tim. 3:15.
"My church" (church of Christ)-------Matt. 16:18.

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Proverbs 4:14-16
14 Do not enter the path of the wicked
And do not proceed in the way of evil men.
15Avoid it, do not pass by it;
Turn away from it and pass on.
16 For they cannot sleep unless they do evil;
And they are robbed of sleep unless they make
someone stumble.

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Oct 08

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Um why did you leave out churches of the Gentiles? And why do you add a capital letter to Churches of Christ? It was not a capital letter when God had it recorded, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting the pattern you have formed here, one almost wonders if you are worried people will realize that a sign on a building does not buy you into the family of God that in fact your meeting in a building is directly different then the meetings the original church had in memebers homes, but then you wouldn't be able to play the fear factor games with names now would you...

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

walkinginlove wrote:
Um why did you leave out churches of the Gentiles? And why do you add a capital letter to Churches of Christ? It was not a capital letter when God had it recorded, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting the pattern you have formed here, one almost wonders if you are worried people will realize that a sign on a building does not buy you into the family of God that in fact your meeting in a building is directly different then the meetings the original church had in memebers homes, but then you wouldn't be able to play the fear factor games with names now would you...
Keep searching for those specks. ;)

www.roysecitycoc.org

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Just pointing out the fact that you are using churches of Christ as a name that should have seen the word churches capitalized if it were being used as a name, but it was not. It's not specs but it does disrupt your bible name games to try and frighten others.

churches of the Gentiles
churches of Christ

Churches are not capitalized, God had a bad punctuation day or perhaps the meaning is more along the lines of churches that belonged to Christ.

Or was Paul rebuked for using a name other then churches of Christ when he called them the churches of the Gentiles?

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

walkinginlove wrote:
Just pointing out the fact that you are using churches of Christ as a name that should have seen the word churches capitalized if it were being used as a name, but it was not. It's not specs but it does disrupt your bible name games to try and frighten others.
churches of the Gentiles
churches of Christ
Churches are not capitalized, God had a bad punctuation day or perhaps the meaning is more along the lines of churches that belonged to Christ.
Or was Paul rebuked for using a name other then churches of Christ when he called them the churches of the Gentiles?
I've had much more success in reasoning with teenagers on these subjects than with hyper-libs. Logic is foreign concept to illegalist.

churches of the Gentiles
churches of Christ

AMEN!

www.roysecitycoc.org

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Heath I use more logic in a day in my job in IT then you use all week. Why I'd love to lay a Cisco ASA manual in front of you and watch your eyes roll back in your head.

So from a logic standpoint the real issue is that you have been taught something that is based on a lie about your church group holding the flame of truth and you have believed it hook line and sinker.

I start to poke holes in that teaching through analysis and logic and you complain that I am not as mailable as a teenage mind.

But then again teens for the most part have little to do with logic, so I can see how you were able to relate to them so well.

If the phrase "churches of Christ" were actually a name of something it would have been capitalized, secondly it would have been used consistently over and over again and it is only used one time in the Bible as part of a greeting and funny to see churches of the Gentiles used just about it.

So based on YOUR hypercon CoC logic Heath, Paul is speaking of a false church when he uses churches of the Gentiles, since that name is not wearing the name of Christ, that FYI is not a name but a TITLE! As in The Christ!

Why you have not been blown out of the water over these types of games before by others is amazing in itself! But then again few people actually use critical thinking and analysis anymore!

So we gonna bring up Pope Novatus again? You know the one you laid claim as part of the church of Christ?

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11138a.htm

Oh how is that little history rewriting project of your brethren going anyway?
Eagle Eye

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Perhaps your arguments are going over Heaths head or maybe his head is burried in the sand.

Really, I believe he can see your points and even understand them, but to admit he is wrong could cost him his position in Royce City. He is forced to stick to his guns despite clear evidence. It s either that or get a another job and we know he much rather sit on his computer all day arguring with everyone while bring in 3,000 per month. Woner if he gets a gas card like John? ;)

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Eagle Eye

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

OH SNAP!!

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Yeah I find it interesting that they complain about others hanging onto false teaching, yet they do the same things even when clearly it is refuted, most likely for the same reasons, fear of job loss or funding loss.

Paul said he saw in parts, yet they claim to see in total, amazing God did not have them write the Bible instead of Paul who only say partially.
Eagle Eye

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

LOVE how THEY run IN circles WHEN ask ABOUT the MANY sects WITHIN their OWN "DENOMINATION." THEY rather SLAM on US all AND overlook THEIR own PROBLEMS. REMINDS ME OF A GROUP JESUS CONDEMNED FOR THE VERY SAME ACTIONS. HEATH AND JOHN ARE MODERN DAYS PHARISEES.
Mark

Mount Airy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

newadvent.org is an extraordinary resource which I visit at least once each day.

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Eagle Eye wrote:
LOVE how THEY run IN circles WHEN ask ABOUT the MANY sects WITHIN their OWN "DENOMINATION." THEY rather SLAM on US all AND overlook THEIR own PROBLEMS. REMINDS ME OF A GROUP JESUS CONDEMNED FOR THE VERY SAME ACTIONS. HEATH AND JOHN ARE MODERN DAYS PHARISEES.
Give us a BIBLICAL ALTERNATE to churches of Christ.

Surly a smart Sadducee like yourself could do that, right?

www.roysecitycoc.org

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

How about that false church named by Paul called the churches of the Gentiles LOL!

For the Billionth time, there were no church buildings and NO SIGNS! The church met in homes!

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

walkinginlove wrote:
How about that false church named by Paul called the churches of the Gentiles LOL!
For the Billionth time, there were no church buildings and NO SIGNS! The church met in homes!
So Paul was wrong?

Careful.;)

www.roysecitycoc.org

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Apparently since only churches of Christ is the proper name for the sign on your building!
Eagle Eye

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a BIBLICAL ALTERNATE to churches of Christ.
Surly a smart Sadducee like yourself could do that, right?
www.roysecitycoc.org
Which church of Christ are talking about? Which sect do you belong to? You guys are split into many sects so tell me everything you believe as "the doctrine of Christ" vs. the other churches of Christ who disagree with you. Yall are split over doctrine on many levels so do not think you are fooling me.

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

walkinginlove wrote:
Apparently since only churches of Christ is the proper name for the sign on your building!
Never taught that in my 22 years of preaching.

Try again. ;)

www.roysecitycoc.org

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Callands Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Callands Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••