First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#1 Jul 18, 2013
A certain "killedjoe" and I have been talking about God, the Bible, the Universe, and Science. I'm not sure how this all ties together, but I hope killedjoe will start from the beginning and try to clearly explain whatever it is that he has been talking about. I have found these ideas to be very interesting but hard to understand.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#2 Jul 19, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
A certain "killedjoe" and I have been talking about God, the Bible, the Universe, and Science. I'm not sure how this all ties together, but I hope killedjoe will start from the beginning and try to clearly explain whatever it is that he has been talking about. I have found these ideas to be very interesting but hard to understand.
Because he wears a tin foil hat with a coat hanger antenna.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#3 Jul 19, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA, how did you know. Don't forget, I hum also when I am tuning in. Got to make sure I have the right Frequency. HA HA HA.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Jul 19, 2013
Isn't he the same poster who claimed people only use five to seven percent of their brain? That statement alone verifies his lack of knowledge. Awesome, you have a better grasp on the concept of relativity than was posted by killedjoe.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#5 Jul 19, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't he the same poster who claimed people only use five to seven percent of their brain? That statement alone verifies his lack of knowledge. Awesome, you have a better grasp on the concept of relativity than was posted by killedjoe.
Ask any brain science about the human brain. This is why stupidity reins in the human being. This is why mankind kills one another. Rather not research to learn, but condemn his fellow man. Then you wonder why the world is screwed up.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 19, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
and his middle name is Sproul
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Jul 19, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Ask any brain science about the human brain. This is why stupidity reins in the human being. This is why mankind kills one another. Rather not research to learn, but condemn his fellow man. Then you wonder why the world is screwed up.
There is not one sentence in your post that conveys a complete thought. "Ask any brain science", one could only guess what you mean, perhaps you could clarify. "This is why stupidity reins", do you really believe that stupidity is the controlling factor in a human being? I really don't mean to nitpick and grammar certainly isn't my strong suit but, your statements are so vague or ambiguous, it's difficult to follow, perhaps that's why Awesome also asks for clarification. If you have something to say, please, try to make sense, for your own sake. Also, I don't wonder why the world is screwed up, it's because we have been in a dark age, for two thousand years. There have been golden ages of enlightenment before and there will be again, although, we wont see one in our lifetime, we just happen to have been living in a dark age of mono-theism, confusion and lack of consciousness.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#8 Jul 19, 2013
By the way, we humans use all of our brain.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 19, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>There is not one sentence in your post that conveys a complete thought. "Ask any brain science", one could only guess what you mean, perhaps you could clarify. "This is why stupidity reins", do you really believe that stupidity is the controlling factor in a human being? I really don't mean to nitpick and grammar certainly isn't my strong suit but, your statements are so vague or ambiguous, it's difficult to follow, perhaps that's why Awesome also asks for clarification. If you have something to say, please, try to make sense, for your own sake. Also, I don't wonder why the world is screwed up, it's because we have been in a dark age, for two thousand years. There have been golden ages of enlightenment before and there will be again, although, we wont see one in our lifetime, we just happen to have been living in a dark age of mono-theism, confusion and lack of consciousness.
Would you care to list some of those "golden ages of enlightenment" and their dates?

Oceana, WV

#10 Jul 19, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> I am not preaching reincarnation or pushing it. All I am saying is read the last chapter of the OT. To this day the jews at Passover on the 1st night set a plate at the table and no one sit there. The promise is that right before the anointed one appears Elijah will return and point him out. We believe that jesus is the anointed one, but were is Elijah. Also after you read the last chapter in the OT, then go to Matthews and the Sermon on the Mount. After you read it, you decide what to make of it.
Here is the last chapter of the OT:

Malachi 4
New International Version (NIV)
Judgment and Covenant Renewal

4 [a]“Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them on fire,” says the Lord Almighty.“Not a root or a branch will be left to them. 2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. 3 Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty.

4 “Remember the law of my servant Moses, the decrees and laws I gave him at Horeb for all Israel.

5 “See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes. 6 He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.”

And here is the sermon on the Mount:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

OK - I read them - I still don't get what you are saying. The Malachi verses predict that God will eventually destroy the world, but he will send Elijah first to warn people. The selection from Matthew is Jesus's speech to a crowd explaining how everybody should act if they want to get to Heaven. What is the connection you are trying to express?
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#11 Jul 19, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>There is not one sentence in your post that conveys a complete thought. "Ask any brain science", one could only guess what you mean, perhaps you could clarify. "This is why stupidity reins", do you really believe that stupidity is the controlling factor in a human being? I really don't mean to nitpick and grammar certainly isn't my strong suit but, your statements are so vague or ambiguous, it's difficult to follow, perhaps that's why Awesome also asks for clarification. If you have something to say, please, try to make sense, for your own sake. Also, I don't wonder why the world is screwed up, it's because we have been in a dark age, for two thousand years. There have been golden ages of enlightenment before and there will be again, although, we wont see one in our lifetime, we just happen to have been living in a dark age of mono-theism, confusion and lack of consciousness.
It is a very known fact the mankind has been killing for profits going back has far has time itself is recorded. Any time when there was any peace, it is because the stronger conquered the weak. This does not mean that they were right. Mankind has always been killing for money.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#12 Jul 19, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to list some of those "golden ages of enlightenment" and their dates?
10800B.C.E. through approximately 8100B.C.E. The age of The Sphinx, was the last golden age.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Jul 19, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> It is a very known fact the mankind has been killing for profits going back has far has time itself is recorded. Any time when there was any peace, it is because the stronger conquered the weak. This does not mean that they were right. Mankind has always been killing for money.
Killing even before the concept of money, right? "Any time there was peace, it was the strong conquering the weak"? Are you sure 'bout that? Maybe you want to rethink that claim, you really think mankind has always been in conflict?

Oceana, WV

#14 Jul 19, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> E=MC2 created everything. From Science we are taught that energy always existed. We are taught that Matter and anti-matter always exist, why can't you understand that "there are more things in heaven and earth then dreams are made of." Why were there 10 plaques against the Egyptians thru Moses. Because that is how many major gods that they worship. 1st commandment to Moses, I AM THE LORD< DON"T HAVE ANY GODS BEFORE ME. Read the book of the dead. They talk about how great each of the 10 gods are, but all 10 finish with saying that there is one who is greater. No where in the bible that says these gods don't exist. It does say that they are False gods. Your question is getting closer. Maybe I'll help you. Jesus say said that in those days to come, do not be dismay by the many wonderous signs in the heaven, for they are not who you think they are. When jesus left, was it not said he would return in the same fashion and place.
What does this have to do with e=mc2?

"there are more things in heaven and earth then dreams are made of." OK - I accept that there are more things that exist than I can comprehend - I accept that we, as humans, could have many false truths since we cannot possibly know everything - I accept that the people who wrote the Bible could have misinterpreted God's message since humans are all fallible and always influenced by their surroundings and experiences AND humans are limited in their ability to understand certain concepts that MUST exist.

The laws of Moses where the 10 Commandments, yes?- if I need to reference those, I'll swing by our county courthouse and check out that shiny new 10 Commandment Statue/Monument - I've been meaning to do that anyway. I was by there just yesterday and forgot all about it - I must have been busy watching where I was going. Are there more laws of Moses I should look up? I prefer specific Bible Chapter and verse #s, if you don't mind - I have only recently began reading the Bible for fun.

I don't really have any opinion about false Gods - I think all Gods are false Gods because "Gods" don't really exist. Are you suggesting that there is one and only one true God? Is it the same God that all these nice normal Christians worship or is this another one of those "Krishnas"? Is part of the theory of relativity that "God" is relative to whoever is worshiping him? Perhaps all these different Gods are the same God and individual people are perceiving him differently?

Oceana, WV

#15 Jul 19, 2013
pearl wrote:
It occurred to me that killedjoe may speak English as a second language - but his ideas are so large, anyone could have trouble trying to describe them - I know that large ideas CAN be reduced and inspected - I'd like to imagine that he's on to SOMETHING, I'm still just trying to figure out what that is. Every time I think I have an original thought, it turns out that someone has already blogged about it online. Surely killedjoe is trying to tell us something we can look up and verify.

C'mon killedjoe, what do you call it? Where are you getting these ideas?

Location hidden

#16 Jul 19, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>10800B.C.E. through approximately 8100B.C.E. The age of The Sphinx, was the last golden age.
Then you are truly insane. It's nice they let you out of the home now and then.

Oceana, WV

#17 Jul 19, 2013
Also, killedjoe - you didn't actually kill joe did you?

Jimi would have us believe that joe was "goin' down to shoot his old lady" because she was "messin''round with another man".

pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Jul 19, 2013
Also, killedjoe - you didn't actually kill joe did you?
Jimi would have us believe that joe was "goin' down to shoot his old lady" because she was "messin''round with another man".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ieVzyyw0TioXX
Hail Jimi
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Jul 19, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are truly insane. It's nice they let you out of the home now and then.
Should we assume that I'm speaking of things you have not heard of before? The ancients knew of this, why don't you?
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#20 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with e=mc2?
"there are more things in heaven and earth then dreams are made of." OK - I accept that there are more things that exist than I can comprehend - I accept that we, as humans, could have many false truths since we cannot possibly know everything - I accept that the people who wrote the Bible could have misinterpreted God's message since humans are all fallible and always influenced by their surroundings and experiences AND humans are limited in their ability to understand certain concepts that MUST exist.
The laws of Moses where the 10 Commandments, yes?- if I need to reference those, I'll swing by our county courthouse and check out that shiny new 10 Commandment Statue/Monument - I've been meaning to do that anyway. I was by there just yesterday and forgot all about it - I must have been busy watching where I was going. Are there more laws of Moses I should look up? I prefer specific Bible Chapter and verse #s, if you don't mind - I have only recently began reading the Bible for fun.
I don't really have any opinion about false Gods - I think all Gods are false Gods because "Gods" don't really exist. Are you suggesting that there is one and only one true God? Is it the same God that all these nice normal Christians worship or is this another one of those "Krishnas"? Is part of the theory of relativity that "God" is relative to whoever is worshiping him? Perhaps all these different Gods are the same God and individual people are perceiving him differently?
The laws of Moses are not the 10 commandments.. There really is no God in a sense of an "old man" sitting in a chair writing down everything we do. But there is a "God" that is part of us in the universe. Jesus said that we are gods also. Think about that. We are just has powerful has Jesus and all the energy of the universe. Think of the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus talk about how faith can move mountain. But because we have no faith, we can't make the mountain move. Faith is knowing not hoping. Faith is Science. You can google the question. jesus and the sermon on the mount. Within this chapter I think is where jesus remind the apostles that Elijah came but nobody recognized him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Callands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr Barnsweb 1,725
Nascar tickets 23 hr Trent 1
gay marriage in martinsville va Oct 22 Bobby 42
0527061598.Dubai Massage Services, Body to Body... Oct 21 sexy girls 3
Have Johnny Robertson and his COC been defeated? (Jan '13) Oct 12 Funny 333
Johnny Robertson (Oct '12) Oct 2 Ernie 124
Are there any free people finder/background che... (Oct '13) Sep 29 Asiagirl 3
Callands Dating
Find my Match

Callands Jobs