Talk About Homosexuality

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#533 Jul 30, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Now, please have a good day and try not to get bent outta of shape over this issue.....it's NOT going away!!!
Looks like its just us then, NorCal - isn't this just like it is in real life? The Christians disassociate themselves from the homosexuals as if there is nothing left to say to them. I've seen people be so friendly to a person, only to deliberately snub them when they find out that the person is gay - it is in the homosexual's best interest to hide his/her sexuality. Christians claim to try really hard to be as great as possible, but they are disgusted by homosexual people just because they want to be themselves instead of working constantly to pretend to be heterosexual like the Christians want them to be. It is sad and wrong - some Christians would agree with me if not for the harsh judgement of their fellow Christians. Christians oppress their own, they do not support original thinking - they want to tell YOU how to think.

Christians don't want to talk about homosexuality. They are happy being discriminatory.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#534 Jul 30, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like its just us then, NorCal - isn't this just like it is in real life? The Christians disassociate themselves from the homosexuals as if there is nothing left to say to them. I've seen people be so friendly to a person, only to deliberately snub them when they find out that the person is gay - it is in the homosexual's best interest to hide his/her sexuality. Christians claim to try really hard to be as great as possible, but they are disgusted by homosexual people just because they want to be themselves instead of working constantly to pretend to be heterosexual like the Christians want them to be. It is sad and wrong - some Christians would agree with me if not for the harsh judgement of their fellow Christians. Christians oppress their own, they do not support original thinking - they want to tell YOU how to think.
Christians don't want to talk about homosexuality. They are happy being discriminatory.
Well, that is their choice and I have no issue with it.......but they will certainly miss out on all the fabulous fun.......lol!!!

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#535 Jul 30, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Go back and see my answer. I said what I said, I don't need to keep on harping and repeating myself.
You don't NEED to be in this conversation at all - I thought you were here to "talk about homosexuality".

Your post said that all citizens have the same rights - why don't you want to address the example of heterosexual people having the right to marry the person they choose and homosexual people not being allowed that right? I know why - it is because it is true and contradicts what you say about it. That's why you are done talking about homosexuality. You don't want to be shown how unethical your beliefs are. You imagine that your attitude of discrimination is an example of morality.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#536 Jul 30, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't NEED to be in this conversation at all - I thought you were here to "talk about homosexuality".
Your post said that all citizens have the same rights - why don't you want to address the example of heterosexual people having the right to marry the person they choose and homosexual people not being allowed that right? I know why - it is because it is true and contradicts what you say about it. That's why you are done talking about homosexuality. You don't want to be shown how unethical your beliefs are. You imagine that your attitude of discrimination is an example of morality.
It not I don't want to talk about it. You and your north cal partner know where I stand on Homosexuality. I am just not going to keep on repeat the same things over and over. Keep on saying and harping on the same statement does not change you nor me. The only thing I can add is, I believe, We will understand the truth and you will also. If that doesn't happen, I guess we both just rot away and be forgotten.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#537 Jul 30, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> It not I don't want to talk about it. You and your north cal partner know where I stand on Homosexuality. I am just not going to keep on repeat the same things over and over. Keep on saying and harping on the same statement does not change you nor me. The only thing I can add is, I believe, We will understand the truth and you will also. If that doesn't happen, I guess we both just rot away and be forgotten.
As long as friends as family remember who we are.....WE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN......no matter if our final resting place is in the ground, spread out under a tree or someplace on a families mantel.......our spirits or souls will return to someplace......but what that place will be up to how the individual believes:-)

Peace to you and hopefully you don't harbor these sort of feeling towards those you don't even know!!!

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#538 Jul 30, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> It not I don't want to talk about it. You and your north cal partner know where I stand on Homosexuality. I am just not going to keep on repeat the same things over and over. Keep on saying and harping on the same statement does not change you nor me. The only thing I can add is, I believe, We will understand the truth and you will also. If that doesn't happen, I guess we both just rot away and be forgotten.
Yes, you have been clear about your opinion of homosexuality - do you feel threatened by the way society is gradually accepting homosexual lifestyles even though you think it is wrong? Are your intentions to just live out your life avoiding all gay people?
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#539 Jul 30, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as friends as family remember who we are.....WE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN......no matter if our final resting place is in the ground, spread out under a tree or someplace on a families mantel.......our spirits or souls will return to someplace......but what that place will be up to how the individual believes:-)
Peace to you and hopefully you don't harbor these sort of feeling towards those you don't even know!!!
I harbor no hard feeling to no one. I make mistake just like you or the next person. we, the human race, is not perfect. There is no hate toward you has I hope there is no hate toward me. You have your beliefs and I have my. I do not mean to offend you, but in this life, may he that is watch over you. We are all loved.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#540 Jul 30, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> I harbor no hard feeling to no one. I make mistake just like you or the next person. we, the human race, is not perfect. There is no hate toward you has I hope there is no hate toward me. You have your beliefs and I have my. I do not mean to offend you, but in this life, may he that is watch over you. We are all loved.
I don't know you to hate you......and I have no issues with your beliefs......sometimes your comments, but then, some have issues with my comments......that's just the way it is:-)

I know God watches over me, my wife and our family.......and He alone will judge me on my judgement day.......from now until the day that happens, I continue to live my life by the morals and values I was raised with and I pass those on to my grandchild:-)

Peace!

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#541 Jul 30, 2013
Aw, are we all getting along now? Sweet.

You know, I was brought up to believe that God was all about love and acceptance - if that were really true, I'd probably still hold that belief today. I see that loving part of you now, killedjoe, but I also know that your words about homosexuals in earlier posts were not at all loving. You are representing a God that rejects - and you reject - homosexual people. How can you say: we are all loved by God, but some are rejected by God? You reject homosexuality on behalf of God.

If God created a person and loves that person, how can he reject that person and WHY would he create a person that he would reject?? It just makes no sense to me.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#542 Jul 31, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
Aw, are we all getting along now? Sweet.
You know, I was brought up to believe that God was all about love and acceptance - if that were really true, I'd probably still hold that belief today. I see that loving part of you now, killedjoe, but I also know that your words about homosexuals in earlier posts were not at all loving. You are representing a God that rejects - and you reject - homosexual people. How can you say: we are all loved by God, but some are rejected by God? You reject homosexuality on behalf of God.
If God created a person and loves that person, how can he reject that person and WHY would he create a person that he would reject?? It just makes no sense to me.
Contary to most beliefs, remember, he that is is a merciful, loving God who has forgiven us many times in the past. I still stand by what I said about homosexuality. He that is has the final say, not me.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#543 Jul 31, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Contary to most beliefs, remember, he that is is a merciful, loving God who has forgiven us many times in the past. I still stand by what I said about homosexuality. He that is has the final say, not me.
See that is a real problem for me because God Himself NEVER said a word about Homosexuality......not in Leviticus or anywhere else in the bible......HOWEVER that is how some folks opt to interpret certain scriptures to justify their own issues with Homosexuality.

Remember that the bible has been translated by man from Hebrew and Greek into Latin, then English and roughly 500 other languages and we know that NOT all words translate from one language to another.....and it appears that Homosexuality, which by the way wasn't coined until the late 1890's happens to be one of those words.

Here's something you might want to take a look at:
http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bib...

This site shows a history and time line regarding the bible.

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#544 Jul 31, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Contary to most beliefs, remember, he that is is a merciful, loving God who has forgiven us many times in the past. I still stand by what I said about homosexuality. He that is has the final say, not me.
OK - if you are correct, there will be a time at the end of our lives when we will be judged by God and we will each have our eternal lives determined as a consequence of our actions during this life.

But now, during THIS life: why not calm down about homosexuality? You are calm now, but earlier, you were very upset - it's just not right! It's not natural. But you are wrong about that - it's obviously not right for you, but it's OK for gay people to be gay. Your solution is to separate yourself from gay people - I say: when you find yourself interacting with a gay person, be kind to them and regard them as normal people, for they ARE normal people.

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#545 Jul 31, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
See that is a real problem for me because God Himself NEVER said a word about Homosexuality......not in Leviticus or anywhere else in the bible......HOWEVER that is how some folks opt to interpret certain scriptures to justify their own issues with Homosexuality.
Remember that the bible has been translated by man from Hebrew and Greek into Latin, then English and roughly 500 other languages and we know that NOT all words translate from one language to another.....and it appears that Homosexuality, which by the way wasn't coined until the late 1890's happens to be one of those words.
Here's something you might want to take a look at:
http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bib...
This site shows a history and time line regarding the bible.
So, no Bible in existence today includes the original words from the actual historical documents that they claim to represent and so EVERY Bible is an interpretation of an interpretation of an interpretation which makes them ALL suspect to misinterpretation?

I agree with that - I would go so far as to suggest that the original writers of the Bible are themselves interpreting God's message and so there is even a chance that original writings were as much human ideas as divine ones.

If not through the Bible, how do you receive God's message?

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#546 Jul 31, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
So, no Bible in existence today includes the original words from the actual historical documents that they claim to represent and so EVERY Bible is an interpretation of an interpretation of an interpretation which makes them ALL suspect to misinterpretation?
I agree with that - I would go so far as to suggest that the original writers of the Bible are themselves interpreting God's message and so there is even a chance that original writings were as much human ideas as divine ones.
If not through the Bible, how do you receive God's message?
Well, I don't get His message from the bible, I have issues with that book for many reasons......frankly, it is simply about what I believe in and what I have seen in my own life......I believe God's message is simple and that God revels what He wants to the person when He knows they are ready for that information....I know that my answer may leave you with more questions, but it's the best answer I've got at the moment.....I also believe God gave us His message in the 10 Commandments!!!

Sorry, I am not able to give much more than what I believe in.

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#547 Aug 29, 2013
I haven't forgotten about you, gay people who want to get married but are unable. It takes time, but same-sex marriage will come to a town near you soon. Gender equality is a lofty goal, but I see progress each day. We are doing it! We, the people who want to see us all happy, who wants to see everyone's needs met - it is happening. Do not be discouraged - change is on it's way!

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#548 Aug 29, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
I haven't forgotten about you, gay people who want to get married but are unable. It takes time, but same-sex marriage will come to a town near you soon. Gender equality is a lofty goal, but I see progress each day. We are doing it! We, the people who want to see us all happy, who wants to see everyone's needs met - it is happening. Do not be discouraged - change is on it's way!
Well, it looks like we have New Mexico now......that put's us up to 14 states plus DC and we might get Hawaii or Illinois soon:-)

Hope you have been well:-)

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#549 Aug 29, 2013
I have! And I hope you are well as well!:o)

Are those wild fires affecting you in any way? Perhaps you are too far north to be in danger.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#550 Aug 29, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
I haven't forgotten about you, gay people who want to get married but are unable. It takes time, but same-sex marriage will come to a town near you soon. Gender equality is a lofty goal, but I see progress each day. We are doing it! We, the people who want to see us all happy, who wants to see everyone's needs met - it is happening. Do not be discouraged - change is on it's way!
The really happy people? Divorce lawyers.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#551 Aug 29, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
I have! And I hope you are well as well!:o)
Are those wild fires affecting you in any way? Perhaps you are too far north to be in danger.
No, though we have had a few that always happen in our area......the ones down South aren't near us!

We are holding our own!!!

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#552 Aug 29, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The really happy people? Divorce lawyers.
That IS true, MarkEden - but divorce is a sad consequence of marriage - all marriage. What is even sadder is to see a gay couple have an unfair, one-sided, manipulative, illegal, pretend divorce without the benefit of a judge or a lawyer - less expensive, unless you are the one left with nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Callands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 3 hr William 2,813
Poll Do you pray? 22 hr Barnsweb 2
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Thu Barnsweb 300
'Bible Study' Group Jul 29 Mike_Peterson 3
Yamato closing to make way for new PIT STOP str... Jul 26 Godlovesyou 3
Johnny Robertsonís church of Christ (Feb '13) Jul 25 Barnsweb 157
Some Protestants Jul 21 Barnsweb 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Callands Mortgages