Thoughts on Catholicism
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#203 Jun 24, 2013
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL wrote:
Verse of the day for the Catholic church. That is if it be possible to fall any further.
In 1 Corinthians 10:12, Paul warns us all about smug overconfidence regarding our salvation:
"Therefore let any one who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall."
Are you serious? This verse is explicitly for you OSAS people.

Waling around lying to people you have your ticket punched already.

"I stand." "I let Jesus into my heart and said the sinners prayer on April 19, 1989 at 10:42 Am. I am heaven bound"
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#204 Jun 24, 2013
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the Catholic church is not the one being talked about. Evil seems to have taken a firm grasp upon the church with the enormous size of the scandals that have taken place. Billions and billions of dollars worth.
Sure it is. God has protected the Church form sinners from within, invading armies, and heretics like the protesters for 2000 years.

It is still here.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Espoo, Finland

#205 Jun 24, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? This verse is explicitly for you OSAS people.
Waling around lying to people you have your ticket punched already.
"I stand." "I let Jesus into my heart and said the sinners prayer on April 19, 1989 at 10:42 Am. I am heaven bound"
That's good, the church dwells in flesh and bones, not an organization, not a building.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#206 Jun 24, 2013
Indian giver

an offensive term for someone who asks you to return a present he has given you.

Is God like this?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#207 Jun 24, 2013
John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

John 5:24 "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.John

20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

1 John 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

1 John 2:25 And this is what he promised us--eternal life.

1 John 3:23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

1 John 4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#208 Jun 25, 2013
Bobby wrote:
John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--
John 5:24 "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.John
20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
1 John 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
1 John 2:25 And this is what he promised us--eternal life.
1 John 3:23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
1 John 4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
I believe all those verses . It is a Catholic book.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#209 Jun 25, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby: Since you don't believe in every verse of the Bible, which one of these don't you agree with.

The Church must be one
Jn 10:16 - there will be one fold and one shepherd.
Eph 4:3-6 - one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father
Rom 16:17 - I urge that there be no divisions among you
1Cor 1:10 - I urge that there be no divisions among you
Phil 2:2 - be of same mind, united in heart thinking one thing
Rom 15:5 - God grant you to think in harmony with one another
Jn 17:17-23 - I pray that they may be one, as we are one
Jn 17:23 - that they may be brought to perfection as one
1Cor 12:13 - in one spirit we are baptized into one body
Rom 12:5 - we, though many, are one body in Christ
Eph 4:4 - one body, one Spirit, called to be one hope
Col 3:15 - the peace into which you were called in one body
Mt 16:18-19 - upon this rock I will build my Church (singular)
Mt 18:17 - tell it to THE Church; if he refuses to listen even to
Ps. 133:1 Behold, how good and pleasant it is
when brothers dwell in unity!
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#210 Jun 25, 2013
More Unity. do you believe in Unity Bobby. That doesn't mean accepting everybody's belief.

This is before he is crucified. Might be important don't you think.

The Church was one for 1500 years until your heretical heroes listened to Satan.

The entire Chapter 17 of the Gospel according to Saint John is a prayer of Jesus to His heavenly Father. One of the main petitions in His prayer is for unity.

Quote:
1 These things Jesus spoke, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said: Father, the hour is come, glorify thy Son, that thy Son may glorify thee. 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he may give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth; I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now glorify thou me, O Father, with thyself, with the glory which I had, before the world was, with thee.

6 I have manifested thy name to the men whom thou hast given me out of the world. Thine they were, and to me thou gavest them; and they have kept thy word. 7 Now they have known, that all things which thou hast given me, are from thee: 8 Because the words which thou gavest me, I have given to them; and they have received them, and have known in very deed that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them whom thou hast given me: because they are thine: 10 And all my things are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am not in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name whom thou has given me; that they may be one, as we also are. 12 While I was with them, I kept them in thy name. Those whom thou gavest me have I kept; and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition, that the scripture may be fulfilled. 13 And now I come to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy filled in themselves. 14 I have given them thy word, and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world; as I also am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from evil.

16 They are not of the world, as I also am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them in truth. Thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for them do I sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth. 20 And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me;

21 That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou hast given me, I have given to them; that they may be one, as we also are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me; that they may be made perfect in one: and the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast also loved me. 24 Father, I will that where I am, they also whom thou hast given me may be with me; that they may see my glory which thou hast given me, because thou hast loved me before the creation of the world. 25 Just Father, the world hath not known thee; but I have known thee: and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26 And I have made known thy name to them, and will make it known; that the love wherewith thou hast loved me, may be in them, and I in them.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#211 Jun 25, 2013
Bobby wrote:
Indian giver
an offensive term for someone who asks you to return a present he has given you.
Is God like this?
God is not an indian giver man is a grace rejector.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#212 Jun 25, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure sound a lot like Heath, he amens scripture he does not practice. He thinks his is the only true church, he can do that.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#213 Jun 25, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not an indian giver man is a grace rejector.
I agree but do you agree with catholics who add their works as a condition to receiving God's free gift.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#214 Jun 25, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby: Since you don't believe in every verse of the Bible, which one of these don't you agree with.
The Church must be one
Jn 10:16 - there will be one fold and one shepherd.
Eph 4:3-6 - one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father
Rom 16:17 - I urge that there be no divisions among you
1Cor 1:10 - I urge that there be no divisions among you
Phil 2:2 - be of same mind, united in heart thinking one thing
Rom 15:5 - God grant you to think in harmony with one another
Jn 17:17-23 - I pray that they may be one, as we are one
Jn 17:23 - that they may be brought to perfection as one
1Cor 12:13 - in one spirit we are baptized into one body
Rom 12:5 - we, though many, are one body in Christ
Eph 4:4 - one body, one Spirit, called to be one hope
Col 3:15 - the peace into which you were called in one body
Mt 16:18-19 - upon this rock I will build my Church (singular)
Mt 18:17 - tell it to THE Church; if he refuses to listen even to
Ps. 133:1 Behold, how good and pleasant it is
when brothers dwell in unity!
But Mike, catholics are all over the place with what they believe-how can they be in unity? Isn't that what you keep saying about protestants? There is no two people who can completely be in perfect unity while in the flesh.

Saying amen to scripture does not create unity.

Grace is at the very heart, indeed, it is the very foundation and fountain of true Christianity. Aren't we supposed to forgive others when they sin against us? Or do we require them to pay us us for the wrongs against us? Legally by man's Law we can do that should we with our brothers?

Who is without sin????
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#215 Jun 25, 2013
The bible does not say blessed is the man who is without sin. It says blessed is the man who's sin the Lord does not count against him.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#216 Jun 25, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but do you agree with catholics who add their works as a condition to receiving God's free gift.
youll have to tell me the works things catholics do. I dont know their religion very well.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#217 Jun 25, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
youll have to tell me the works things catholics do. I dont know their religion very well.
These are pretty bad to do, that evil Catholic Church

The Corporal Works of Mercy
Feed the hungry
Give drink to the thirsty
Clothe the naked
Shelter the homeless
Visit the sick
Visit the imprisoned
Bury the dead

The Spiritual Works of Mercy
Admonish the sinner
Instruct the ignorant (This and the next work are extremely pertinent categories today, when so many people are confused by what the Church teaches on contraception, abortion, homosexuality, etc.)
Counsel the doubtful
Comfort the sorrowful
Bear wrongs patiently
Forgive all injuries
Pray for the living and the dead
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#218 Jun 25, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
But Mike, catholics are all over the place with what they believe-how can they be in unity? Isn't that what you keep saying about protestants? There is no two people who can completely be in perfect unity while in the flesh.
Grace is at the very heart, indeed, it is the very foundation and fountain of true Christianity. Aren't we supposed to forgive others when they sin against us? Or do we require them to pay us us for the wrongs against us? Legally by man's Law we can do that should we with our brothers?
Who is without sin????
What the CC teaches and what individual Catholics chose to accept are 2 different things.

Every Christian Church in the world taught contraception was wrong and sin until the birth control pill came out.

Only the CC still teaches that. Do all individual Catholics follow that. of course not.

The Truth never changes.

You are are a teacher of the Bible with your own interpretation. IT is different than the rest of the people on here. So there is disunity in the teaching of Christ. Jesus prayed against that.

I obey the Church that Jesus started that is the pillar and foundation of truth.

The COC obeys their own interpretation of the Bible generally following Campbell's teaching.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#219 Jun 25, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is without sin????
Did you say you agreed with unity or not. You were waffling.

I know you don't agree with it.(Y0u intentionally create disunity.) If you would, you would be in the Catholic Church.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#220 Jun 25, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Not knowing "their religion very well" certainly hasn't stopped you from engaging in Catholic bashing right along with the rest of your buds.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#221 Jun 25, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say you agreed with unity or not. You were waffling.
I know you don't agree with it.(Y0u intentionally create disunity.) If you would, you would be in the Catholic Church.
I am saying that unity cannot be found in perfect agreement, especially when the catholic church makes the rules based on mere men plus tradition. To have faith in Christ alone you must stop having saving faith in the pope and mary.

You see, protestants cannot accept that portion. I might be able to accept certain catholic rituals but I could never trust in anyone other than Jesus for my salvation.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#222 Jun 25, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that unity cannot be found in perfect agreement, especially when the catholic church makes the rules based on mere men plus tradition. To have faith in Christ alone you must stop having saving faith in the pope and mary.
You see, protestants cannot accept that portion. I might be able to accept certain catholic rituals but I could never trust in anyone other than Jesus for my salvation.
You are trusting in yourself just like RCS. Jesus left a Church to trust in which is the pillar and foundation of Truth. Bobby is not the pillar and foundation of truth. The Bible is not he pillar and foundation of Truth

To prove that, the Church produced his written word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Callands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At Danville forum, Gillespie says tax cuts will... Sep 27 Guest 2
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Sep '17 Lurliec 5
Prison Officers Alone Sep '17 Lester Mattox 2
Gas prices Sep '17 Earl 1
Looking for someone Aug '17 Deelo Brown 1
Looking for anyone with the last name coward (Dec '12) Mar '14 Michelle 2
News Centra has big plans for Gretna (Aug '12) Aug '12 Kenton Stewart 1

Callands Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance