killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#61 Sep 24, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Using company resources on company time is different than taking a couple of hits off a joint at home on your own time. If you have a hangover, and can't do you job, again, you are being paid for that time by the company. If you had a hangover during the weekend, but it doesn't interfere with your work, that hangover is none of the company's business. You can test positive for pot long after the high is gone. Days, I've even heard weeks. So, unless the company is paying you for all that time...
I understand on what you are saying.. It is your God Damn right to say and do on your time. problem is that in the future, when the healthcare starts to kick in, these rights may not be yours anymore.. For you to have haelthcare, you must register. In this system of the healthcare, your history become a matter of "Public Record". You won't need to take a blood test, your job already know what you been doing and taken into your system. This is what it is really all about. "CONTROL". No G'ovt puts into laws for the good of the people. Laws exist for control. With the healthcare, soon you won't be able to smoke a cigarrette in your house or car. Why, it is "disturbing" the air around other folks who are on the healthcare also. Since you are doing things that might drive up the cost of everybody, you will be told to stop. If you don't, you will be punished and subjected to a fine. Look at New York City. Bloomberg wanted to pass into law, to stop people from going into a Restaurant and ordering a large soda. He wanted to put a limit on the size and how many you were a loud to drink. Why folks don't see this, is beyond me. Like the seat belt law. Yes, you should drive your car with your seat belt on, but to have a law where cops can stop you to give you a find to pay the G'ovt. The rate of accidents is still the same. This law has done nothing to make it safer on highways, but make money from us. To me, this is the reason why I am against the healthcare, not what the "cost" will be or any of the other reason the "media" is telling you. Also, in New York, the crime rate in black neighborhoods have gone up over 500%, since the judge says that cop must find a new way to stop people for tap downs. Black leaders are now screaming it is the cops fault for not doing their job.
William

Birmingham, AL

#62 Sep 24, 2013
"Wrong, I was talking about marijuana."

So was I.
William

Birmingham, AL

#63 Sep 24, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the issue. The issue here is whether or not weed should be legal. Please refer to the title of this thread.
Weed should not be legal, because it has been found to be detrimental to both individual and public health. If it were found to have not been detrimental, it would not have been made illegal.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#64 Sep 24, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Weed should not be legal, because it has been found to be detrimental to both individual and public health. If it were found to have not been detrimental, it would not have been made illegal.
Drinking and smoking are also detrimental to one's health, but this is legal.
William

Alexander City, AL

#65 Sep 24, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Drinking and smoking are also detrimental to one's health, but this is legal.
That is exactly right.

Are they harmful to the health of the human body if they are consumed?
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#66 Sep 24, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly right.
Are they harmful to the health of the human body if they are consumed?
I think your missing what I am saying. The question is that drinking and smoking and weed from a health situation is dangerous. Why is drinking and cigarette smoking legal and weed is not. All 3 product a health harzard.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#67 Sep 24, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Are you naive, stupid or a combo? Marijuana was made illegal for reasons that had nothing to do with its safety. Do some research.
Don't tread on weed.
William

Ponchatoula, LA

#68 Sep 24, 2013
It is always interesting to see what kind of god people worship.

North Hollywood, CA

#69 Sep 24, 2013
Many anti-legalization folks claim that pot is illegal because it is dangerous. But the reality is that pot has not killed a single person in all of recorded history. Can't say that about aspirin. And aspirin is freely available. It's even flavored and sweetened to appeal to kids.
William

New Orleans, LA

#70 Sep 24, 2013
OK then.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#71 Sep 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Many anti-legalization folks claim that pot is illegal because it is dangerous. But the reality is that pot has not killed a single person in all of recorded history. Can't say that about aspirin. And aspirin is freely available. It's even flavored and sweetened to appeal to kids.
I am not saying that it should be lehal or illegal. That fact are is that weed is no more harmful or less harmful then drinking and smoking. The dangers are there with all 3. Drinking and smoking is legal because it make money for the G'ovt. Right now the argument is to make weed a medicine. G'ovt does not want to let this happen. Why. It can't be tax. Weed can be grown anywhere. To tax weed, control must take place. Moonshine is ilegal, selling cigarrettes without the "stamp" is illegal. Why, G'ovt loses Tax money. Once control on who is allowed to process the weed, and tax, it will be legal. G'ovt lost "BILLIOBS" of tax money during prohibition, and learn, Give the people what they want and tax it. Weed will follow the same path once it can be controlled and tax.

North Hollywood, CA

#72 Sep 25, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> I am not saying that it should be lehal or illegal. That fact are is that weed is no more harmful or less harmful then drinking and smoking. The dangers are there with all 3. Drinking and smoking is legal because it make money for the G'ovt. Right now the argument is to make weed a medicine. G'ovt does not want to let this happen. Why. It can't be tax. Weed can be grown anywhere. To tax weed, control must take place. Moonshine is ilegal, selling cigarrettes without the "stamp" is illegal. Why, G'ovt loses Tax money. Once control on who is allowed to process the weed, and tax, it will be legal. G'ovt lost "BILLIOBS" of tax money during prohibition, and learn, Give the people what they want and tax it. Weed will follow the same path once it can be controlled and tax.
Weed sales can be taxed.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#73 Sep 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Weed sales can be taxed.
If you are an authorized seller for medicine. 90% of the weed in the US is not under G'ovt control. This is the argument that is going on. Many "backyard" folks grow weed. This is what the g'ovt is trying to stop. This is what is not tax.
stoned

Harrisonburg, VA

#74 Sep 30, 2013
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text>Weed violations only started after prohibition ended. The subject of weed is more now then ever on should it be legalized or not. During prohibition, if you were caught drinking a beer and smoking a weed, you were arrested for drinking, not the smoking. Weed use went up after WW 2. Concerns of it shot up also. The dangers of weed is no more then getting drunk and stupid. Smoking a cigarette is considered, but not factual, more dangerous then smoking weed. It is all politics. When money can be made be made and it can be tax, it will become legal then.
"saver than beer or tobacco" check the facts

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#75 Oct 4, 2013
Do not encourage people to do drugs.

Alcohol, tobacco, or weed. Also: pills, powders, crystal meth or whatever people inject to disassociate with reality. I encourage everyone to cleanse their bodies of ALL toxins - sugars, caffeine, fats - all the ways that we sicken ourselves with the blessings of our government and restaurants. If you want your body to be healthy, you must take responsibility for caring for it properly. Take your vitamins.

When you support drug use, you are telling us that you would rather escape from reality than to face it. Reality needs you. Don't do drugs.

It is irresponsible for our government to pass laws that increase our citizens' abilities to harm themselves.

Santa Monica, CA

#76 Oct 4, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
Do not encourage people to do drugs.
Alcohol, tobacco, or weed. Also: pills, powders, crystal meth or whatever people inject to disassociate with reality. I encourage everyone to cleanse their bodies of ALL toxins - sugars, caffeine, fats - all the ways that we sicken ourselves with the blessings of our government and restaurants. If you want your body to be healthy, you must take responsibility for caring for it properly. Take your vitamins.
When you support drug use, you are telling us that you would rather escape from reality than to face it. Reality needs you. Don't do drugs.
It is irresponsible for our government to pass laws that increase our citizens' abilities to harm themselves.
You are joking, aren't you? No sugar or fats? What are we supposed to eat? Just lettuce?
Laws against drugs cause a lot more harm than the drugs themselves.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#77 Oct 5, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are joking, aren't you? No sugar or fats? What are we supposed to eat? Just lettuce?
For you liberals I will trade you to legalize all drugs, for a law against killing unborn babies..

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#78 Oct 5, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not kidding! Eat what you want, food is legal - but be aware that drinking soda and eating hamburgers all the time WILL harm your body. You can focus on eating raw vegetables and drinking lots of water if you want to cleanse your body of toxins.

But, the topic is marijuana, so explain to me how a law making weed illegal harms people more than allowing people to smoke weed the way they are allowed to drink alcohol?

Also - how is it that companies could discriminate against people who smoke weed IF weed were legal? That doesn't make sense to me..
William

Birmingham, AL

#79 Oct 5, 2013
"Laws against drugs cause a lot more harm than the drugs themselves."

Spoken like a true addict.

You do realize that drug rehabilitation exists for a reason, don't you.
William

Birmingham, AL

#80 Oct 5, 2013

Hopefully, this website will correct your thinking:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22440...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Callands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
COMING TO TOWN, looking for "the big bad wolf"... 48 min HEATH - 72 25
Did the Second Coming of Jesus Occur A.D. 70 49 min HEATH - 72 159
Resurrection of the righteous and wicked 1 hr Mike_Peterson 24
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr Mike_Peterson 2,144
Lord's Supper "do this till I come” 10 hr Axel Reid 6
everlasting earth? 14 hr HEATH - 72 2
Johnny Robertson has hurt the church of Christ Sun Judas Priest 7
More from around the web

Callands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE