Property in California: West Coast is cool, but still hot

Oct 28, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Telegraph.co.uk

California is more popular than ever, says Anna Tyzack. Year-round appeal: Calistoga Ranch in the Napa Valley is popular with British investors A French chateau in Hollywood or a beach house in Malibu are the prerequisites of a successful British star, as demonstrated by Orlando Bloom, Sir Elton John, Simon Cowell and the Beckhams.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GrandPa

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

I did not realise these forums were a free advertisement venue for (in this case)(ahem) a Real Estate agent.

Roboblogger, in your rush to start another forum you have perhaps unwittingly posted an advertisement for a 2 continent real estate agent.
taxNOmore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

Well,

when moonbeam dumps prop 13 .

there will be plenty up for sale
Lon Rocke

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

This is Real Estate B.S. Not true.
Robert

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Prop 13 was well intentioned but poorly executed...schools is California have suffered ever since it's passage...especially in areas with very little growth.

This article was a puff piece in a lifestyles section of a British paper...

Those of us born in California can see it for what it is.
GOP 2010-12

Soquel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

how bout sum public hangings!!!!

boost the economy-venders n sponsers-a band or two-as we empty death row.

7 swing at a time!like hang em high(-'
Yes for Prop 13

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

I'm sorry you don't have the benefits of prop 13. Life isn't fair. Grow up. Get over it. Or, move to mambypamby land.
pat toms

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

a good job to publicise california,I would like to go there and with the pound strengthening against the dollar,then there is a chance to go hopefully,to the nepa valley.
This Stinks

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Foreigners are buying up California real estate now at bargain prices! They will turn around and sell it to us after the economy improves, and make huge profits.
Lon Rocke

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

pat toms wrote:
a good job to publicise california,I would like to go there and with the pound strengthening against the dollar,then there is a chance to go hopefully,to the nepa valley.
My opinion, the Napa Valley is overrated and overpriced. Take a look at a few other Northern California areas.
Lon Rocke

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Yes for Prop 13 wrote:
I'm sorry you don't have the benefits of prop 13. Life isn't fair. Grow up. Get over it. Or, move to mambypamby land.
The "Haves" love to ridicule the "Havenots" in this fine country of ours. That's the game. Claw your way up grasping and grabbing. Then turn around and pee on those not as greedy lower on the ladder.
MrOwl1939

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

If living in a kooky place fascinates one, California is the place to be. Myself I prefer the Virginia Highlands. It reminds me of me ancestral grounds.
Cal Kid

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

MrOwl1939 wrote:
If living in a kooky place fascinates one, California is the place to be. Myself I prefer the Virginia Highlands. It reminds me of me ancestral grounds.
California is where it's at. The rest of the country sucks!
pat toms

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

lon rock thanks for the advice but my wifes aunty lives there,that is why i want to go to that location however would also like to see more of california if i can get there,i always used to think of california when in ontario snowed in.
oopsz

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Lon Rocke wrote:
<quoted text>The "Haves" love to ridicule the "Havenots" in this fine country of ours. That's the game. Claw your way up grasping and grabbing. Then turn around and pee on those not as greedy lower on the ladder.
Define "haves" and "have-nots".
Lon Rocke

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

oopsz wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "haves" and "have-nots".
It's not my job to educate Fools.
Tax-O-Crats

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Don't bother investing the CA real estate market.

It won't be worth a damn after Brown and the rest of his party find ways to attack prop 13. They are desperate for money, and will raise your taxes to pay off their union support.
oopsz

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Lon Rocke wrote:
<quoted text>It's not my job to educate Fools.
Well just because you don't know there is no need to act the part.
pat toms

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

Lon Rocke,I am sorry to say that my wife,s aunty died,in the napa valley but we cannot go as it is expensive to fly to california,I am sorry thet this happened so suddenly,I do intend to visit the napa valley some day though,my wifes aunty lived in san carlos previously.I like the sound of these spanish names as well.
pat toms

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

Lon Rocke,I am sorry to say that my wife,s aunty died,in the napa valley but we cannot go as it is expensive to fly to california,I am sorry that this happened so suddenly,I do intend to visit the napa valley some day though,my wifes aunty lived in san carlos previously.I like the sound of these spanish names as well.
Asian Investor

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

This Stinks wrote:
Foreigners are buying up California real estate now at bargain prices! They will turn around and sell it to us after the economy improves, and make huge profits.
We like California.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Calistoga Discussions

Search the Calistoga Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 53 min Bruno 200,206
Protest Erupts Over Slain Santa Rosa Teen Outsi... 12 hr A Thought 2
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 15 hr Carnac The Magnificent 16,812
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 22 hr Punk a s Murabito 4,834
Woman faces charges of sexual acts with minor Jul 4 Jason 1
Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Jul 4 MFFM STEVE 1,189
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
•••
•••

Calistoga News Video

•••
•••

Calistoga Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••