Willits Charter School to begin secon...

Willits Charter School to begin second decade

There are 6 comments on the The Willits News story from Aug 28, 2009, titled Willits Charter School to begin second decade. In it, The Willits News reports that:

Several of the staff members and volunteers who have spent many hours working at the new Willits Charter School, readying the area for an August 31 start date.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Willits News.

Macs

Saint Helena, CA

#1 Aug 31, 2009
So we are teaching our kids to us overpriced computers that lack the ablity to run bussiness software. Good work Willits.
concerned

San Jose, CA

#2 Aug 31, 2009
As I drove by the new Charter School this morning on the first day of school...I noticed cars flying by faster than the 25 MPH posted speed limit and ignoring the tiny street sign that says "school". I am very worried about the safety of the children at the new location...In addition I did not see ONE Willits Police car nearby. I am pleased the Charter School students and teachers have a new school ...I am not pleased with traffic in the area and the fact that locals clearly have no regard for the safety of the students when they SPEED in a school zone... The City of Willits needs to post more signs and patrol the area before someone gets hurt...I am holding by breath an praying that no one gets hurt crossing the street. I am happy to hear the middle school students cannot go off campus for lunch...If you know teens at all then you know the high school age kids will soon be darting across the road to get to to the other side. Come on Willits lets keep our children safe...SLOW DOWN!
Not Clint

Jackson St Forest, CA

#3 Aug 31, 2009
Putting that school there was a bad move. Who was the rocket surgeon that thought that one up?
emerald rush

United States

#4 Sep 1, 2009
cars didn't follow the earlier speed either. Many injured/hit peds in the McDeee cross walk. Now it has a jagged pattern on the pavement, Yahoo. that'll slow'em down. More tragedy for the school in the wind.
concerned

Saint Helena, CA

#5 Sep 1, 2009
Well, just want to say thanks Officer Globe and Willits PD for being present this morning. Traffic was a lot slower near the school.
greg

Redmond, WA

#6 Sep 1, 2009
good job officer glob saw three people stopped in about an hr, for going to fast

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calistoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 4 hr Jim_Bakker 17,267
News Double Down Jul 24 mothballs r okay 7
V P Can't Wait To Become President Jul 15 VP HAS BIG hattt 1
Candidates Eat Snail Dung To Get Votes Jun 27 Political Madhouse 1
Raise Rents To Improve Neighborhoods Jun '16 Trumpton Rlty 1
Open Carry at Convention? Jun '16 Ronald Raygunz 1
Review: Express Auto Funding (Jan '09) Jun '16 buttercupt 23

Calistoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calistoga Mortgages