COLTON: Man shot to death outside bar

Jan 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Press-Enterprise

Colton police received a report about 1 a.m. of someone firing a gun outside Linko's Bar at 188 E. Valley Blvd.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Pizza4Votes

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

What's a little more blood on the hands of the two sitting council members who refused to renew the UUT on the demand of a non-resident business owner which forced the city to put less boots on the streets and increase response times of fire personnel? Who knows this young man might still be alive.
Best way

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Pizza4Votes wrote:
What's a little more blood on the hands of the two sitting council members who refused to renew the UUT on the demand of a non-resident business owner which forced the city to put less boots on the streets and increase response times of fire personnel? Who knows this young man might still be alive.

Don't you ever think before you open your mouth and make stupid statements? So you think more "boots on the street" might have made a difference? When the Colton PD was at full force there was a killing at the LaVilla restaurant on the same street. Where was the police then? Are you suggesting that there should be an officer at ever restaurant and bar in Colton 24 hours a day to stop someone from pulling a gun and killing someone? Now do you see how ignorant you posting is?
Pizza4Votes

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

La villa? Really? Apples and oranges.
"On the night of the deadly shooting, a fight broke out on an outdoor patio at La Villa and then escalated inside the restaurant, restaurant employees said....A security guard had tried to break up the fight on the patio. The guard moved inside when the gunfire rang out, and he was shot and wounded in the right arm and on the right side."

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_17152982

http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_11872686

http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_12945613

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_12263811

The shooting at La Villa occurred INSIDE the establishment where the owner failed to provide adequate security for patrons. The shooting at Linko's happened OUTSIDE the business on city property. Nice try.
It's clear the aforementioned individuals put money head and shoulders above human life. It's common knowledge that had the closest fire station not been closed on June 14th 2011 (thanks once again to the aforementioned individuals)the late Mayor David Zamora R.I.P. might still be alive. Like the victim at Linko's he too perished at the hospital. In emergency situations every second counts. The blood of the late Mayor is also on the hands of these individuals. How many more arguably preventable deaths do there have to be before these 3 are removed from office/run out of town?
Rip William

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Sucks you had to leave. My dad our family will most def miss you. We will make sure your 5 little boys will be taken care of. Sad to see another my dad great best friend go. :(
Pizza4Votes

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Rip William wrote:
Sucks you had to leave. My dad our family will most def miss you. We will make sure your 5 little boys will be taken care of. Sad to see another my dad great best friend go.:(
My sincere condolences to your father and the victims family.
Best way

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Pizza4Votes wrote:
La villa? Really? Apples and oranges.
"On the night of the deadly shooting, a fight broke out on an outdoor patio at La Villa and then escalated inside the restaurant, restaurant employees said....A security guard had tried to break up the fight on the patio. The guard moved inside when the gunfire rang out, and he was shot and wounded in the right arm and on the right side."
http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_17152982
http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_11872686
http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_12945613
http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_12263811
The shooting at La Villa occurred INSIDE the establishment where the owner failed to provide adequate security for patrons. The shooting at Linko's happened OUTSIDE the business on city property. Nice try.
It's clear the aforementioned individuals put money head and shoulders above human life. It's common knowledge that had the closest fire station not been closed on June 14th 2011 (thanks once again to the aforementioned individuals)the late Mayor David Zamora R.I.P. might still be alive. Like the victim at Linko's he too perished at the hospital. In emergency situations every second counts. The blood of the late Mayor is also on the hands of these individuals. How many more arguably preventable deaths do there have to be before these 3 are removed from office/run out of town?
You missed the entire point of my commets. Even at full force, you can't have a police officer at every restaurant or bar 24 hours a day to stop a shooting. You say "it's clear", but nothing in your statements are clear when you drift away your complaint that not enought police are available to prevent shootings.
Pizza4Votes

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Best way wrote:
You missed the entire point of my commets. Even at full force, you can't have a police officer at every restaurant or bar 24 hours a day to stop a shooting.
Never said they would.
Best way wrote:
You say "it's clear", but nothing in your statements are clear when you drift away your complaint that not enought police are available to prevent shootings.
Again you are putting words into my mouth. Did you read the article?
"A man was shot outside a Colton bar early Friday, Jan. 25, and LATER DIED at a hospital, authorities said."

Again every second counts from the minute PD get's the call of 'shots fired' to when a victim reaches the hospital.
Valerie cevallos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Long story short my husband lost his life at that bar that night oh how I wish he wasn't there I lost a husband my kids lost there father he can never come back to us but all I can do is keep his memory going.... rest in peace my love I never forget you I love you for always
Pizza4Votes

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Valerie cevallos wrote:
Long story short my husband lost his life at that bar that night oh how I wish he wasn't there I lost a husband my kids lost there father he can never come back to us but all I can do is keep his memory going.... rest in peace my love I never forget you I love you for always
My sincere condolences Valerie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Calimesa Discussions

Search the Calimesa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Brian_G 200,198
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr Decide what 4,837
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 13 hr 21 and over 15,909
Utility tax that generates $5 million annually ... (Feb '10) Wed Who is laughing now 11
Colton city manager investigation delays budget Wed FosterFreeze 1
Owner of Wilson Towing arrested for fraud (Oct '10) Jul 7 cmpd 82
Bicycle Safety Jul 7 Raymond Howard 1
•••
•••

Calimesa News Video

•••
•••

Calimesa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••