MarvinLee

Moreno Valley, CA

#1 Feb 27, 2012
I went to LA Fitness located in Hemet a few days ago, to find out about their membership prices. I was introduced to a tall, healthy looking young man.
We sat at his desk, I explained that I didnít want a tour of the facility and I didnít want to fill out any forms.
I just wanted to get prices of the membership. The young man handed me a form to fill out. I told him I didnít want to give out personal information unless I accept membership. He told me that I could take the form with me if I didnít like the offer.
I agreed to put my name and telephone number at the top of the form.
He flipped the paper over and wrote down three different options of membership showing the prices of each one. He began his pressure sales pitch which I didnít like. As he tried to pressure me into joining the membership, I interrupted and told him I was no longer interested.
As I got up from the desk and reached for the form that had my name and phone number on it, he grabbed it and said that he had to keep it.
I reminded him that he had told me that I could take it with me.
He refused to give it back to me. I told him that he should be selling cars and took the form and ripped my name and telephone number off and gave the form back to him. As I was walking out the door he continued to tell me why I should join LA Fitness.
I will never set foot in a LA Fitness Center.
PS: I joined The Power House Gym
I Hate LA Fitness

Murrieta, CA

#3 Dec 15, 2012
I've had nothing but problems with the LA Fitness in Murrieta. I had to go to the BBB a couple of years ago over a billing issue. I had signed on for some personal training at 2 sessions a week. After a couple of months I had a period of several weeks where I couldn't attend any training sessions. A salesman called and said that since I hadn't been going he was wondering if I would like to reduce my contract from two sessions per week to one. That actually worked for me so I agreed. However, instead of reducing the billing from two per week to one, they actually started charging me for three sessions per week. Trying to deal with the local club to get this resolved was like pulling teeth. I initially wasn't asking out of the contract or anything. I just wanted to be billed for the one session per week that the salesman sold me.

I got nowhere and they continued billing me for three sessions. By this time I had a lot of sessions paid for and my contractual obligation for number of sessions had been met. I called the BBB and that prompted someone from corporate to get in touch (and he was a jerk too) and the only resolution we could reach was that I could transfer my training sessions to my wife, since by that time I refused to go to LA Fitness again. They wouldn't budge on a refund. I believe in honoring contracts, so on general principle I wasn't offended by that. However, given the horrible customer service and really shady sales techniques and outright fraudulent billing practices I'd had to endure, I would think that most normal business would offer a refund as a sign of good will if nothing else. But you are unlikely to see that happen at any gym.

So, today, after several years away I decided I'd call LA Fitness about a membership so I could play racquetball with a friend that was a member. I was hesitant because of my history and also because membership was 50% higher than when I was a member previously. So, I called and gave a little of the back story to the salesman and asked if they could offer me a better rate because of my previous bad experience. He pulled up my record and it sounded like there were notes about what happened. So, rather than taking the opportunity to win back a member, he starts in with the shady sales pitch. "We have a special rate, but it's only for today and you have to come in and I can't tell you the rate over the phone." Whatever jackass. I told him nothing ever changed with them. Still using the same shady tactics that made me leave last time. I'll never even attempt to use an LA Fitness again. And you know the saddest part? They could care less how many customers they lost and how much animosity they've built up from former and prospective customers over the years.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Feb 28, 2013
Wow totally different for me in Moreno valley 80 bucks down 40 a month no pressure to join

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calimesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redlands - SNOBBISHNESS 2 hr running in the wind 12
Redlands Music Thread (May '12) Sat Musikologist 16
spying neighbor May 22 MorenoValleyRanch... 1
martha's kitchen stinks (Aug '12) May 20 The Mighty Hunter 16
News Pit Bull Sterilization Ordinance: County Superv... (Oct '13) May 20 marg 7
Yucapa Valley HS pregnancy club (Feb '14) May 18 Linda Wilkinson 29
News School shooting survivor to speak in Redlands S... May 17 Ken Hunter 1
More from around the web

Calimesa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE