Calimesa spa busted for prostitution

Calimesa spa busted for prostitution

There are 24 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Calimesa spa busted for prostitution. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

An undercover sting at a Calimesa spa led to Thursday's arrest of a Monterey Park woman who allegedly offered to perform sex acts on an undercover sheriff's detective, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Versys09

Baldwin Park, CA

#22 Dec 5, 2009
If it were legal, I might. It would be a business transaction, like getting a haircut or having your tires rotated. I'm not sure I'd want to get the government involved, especially state givernment, given how bad a track record they have at managing things.
Perverted? Prostitution is essentially dating without all the BS. And unlike dating, the end result is certain, and may even cost less.
jesse

Banning, CA

#23 Dec 6, 2009
right on jak!
big bro

Corona, CA

#24 Dec 6, 2009
Versys09 wrote:
If it were legal, I might. It would be a business transaction, like getting a haircut or having your tires rotated. I'm not sure I'd want to get the government involved, especially state givernment, given how bad a track record they have at managing things.
Perverted? Prostitution is essentially dating without all the BS. And unlike dating, the end result is certain, and may even cost less.
Barbers and automotive repair businesses are regulated by the state through licensing, and legalized prostitution would be no different. To protect public health, regulatory oversight of medical screenings of prostitutes would be essential. Prevention of organized crime within the industry (money laundering, drug and human trafficking are potential concerns for law enforcement) would likely result in strict oversight by other agencies. Taxation would support the cost of industry oversight, but it would also cut into the potential cost savings you hope to realize through this type of transaction as compared to casual dating.
But, hey, as long as all the whorehouses are located in your community and not mine, I got your back on legalization. Maybe this can be part of Obama's job stimulus package.
Versys09

Baldwin Park, CA

#27 Dec 6, 2009
Evreything you are saying is true, Big Bro, I just think we can count on the government to screw it up through overregulation, unnecessary laws, and overtaxation, as they have to almost every other sector.
As far as them being in my community, well, they already are, and in yours and just about everywhere else. I'd rather see the police focus on more pressing public safety issues. It's hard to take seriously their cries that they are underfunded and undermanned when they spend time on this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calimesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Standstill in fatal stabbing (Apr '08) Aug 25 David G 9
News News of our Past: Ranch worker reports he saw a... Aug 24 Brian Jennings 1
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Aug 23 Ted 4,833
Moreno Valley animal services Aug 22 Tndoglvr 3
Moreno Valley animal services Aug 22 Tndoglvr 3
Review: Jurassic Park Resort Theme Park Aug 7 Jurassic Park Ban... 1
Review: Highland High School Aug 7 Highland High School 20

Calimesa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calimesa Mortgages