Why do gay people think they have a right to get married?

Posted in the Calimesa Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ZXCVB

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 7, 2010
 

Judged:

9

3

2

Well its not right. And they are making a big deal out of it. I have gay friends,but I dont think they should marry. Theres nothing in the bible that says the same sex suppose to marry. How many sins do you need to make. And then they what kids,so they can mess up their heads,thinking its okay to be with the same sex.How sick is that. L eave the children out of this sick life style......PLEASE.....

Since: Aug 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 7, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

I know what you mean. I have a sis that's lesbian and my youngest sister is following in her footsteps...she doesn't even kno what it mean to be in a relationship and already feel that she likes girls. The reason they feel like that is they just want to be like the rest of the human race and live normal lives but what gets me is they put it on the ballot when we vote and them over turn the peoples decision of the majority vote.. how would the justice system feel if we were able to overturn a guilty verdict to an innocent verdict even if the defendent is wrong or right? Sinners or just humans the are attracted to the same sex...the voters spoke and were out heard by a judge who likes men hinself...how selfish.
ZXCVB

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 7, 2010
 
makin_it wrote:
I know what you mean. I have a sis that's lesbian and my youngest sister is following in her footsteps...she doesn't even kno what it mean to be in a relationship and already feel that she likes girls. The reason they feel like that is they just want to be like the rest of the human race and live normal lives but what gets me is they put it on the ballot when we vote and them over turn the peoples decision of the majority vote.. how would the justice system feel if we were able to overturn a guilty verdict to an innocent verdict even if the defendent is wrong or right? Sinners or just humans the are attracted to the same sex...the voters spoke and were out heard by a judge who likes men hinself...how selfish.
How old is the youngest sister? Do you talk to her? Know days they have a mind of there own its hard.I just hope she will have a mind of her own. What can you do but love them and pray.I dont judge, but getting married is not okay.Always be there for her no matter what.
ZXCVB

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 7, 2010
 
I have a friend that I have been knowing since high school. I had another friend wrote me a letter telling me she was in love with me. I told her I love her to but not in that way.We all started working together.I had got into a relationship,and stop going out with the both of them.My hs friend and me always use to double date.I have never heard her talk about girl or anything. One day they took me out to lunch,and told me they where in a relationship. I could of died. She never showed any signs. Then she told me she herself had been likeing me for years,but knew I would probably stop being her friend. What hurted me the most was that she didnt tell me she was gay. I didnt care, I just thought we told each other everything.I dont care what people decide to do with their life,that is there business.It just hurt that my godchildren grew up around that. But both of them are dating boys/but dont know later/.And my hs friend is back with males again. Still today she says no more women. She tryed it

Since: Aug 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 7, 2010
 
I belive she is 13. This world is sick and your right all I can do is pray and hope she will come to her senses.
FAA

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

ZXCVB wrote:
Well its not right. And they are making a big deal out of it. I have gay friends,but I dont think they should marry. Theres nothing in the bible that says the same sex suppose to marry. How many sins do you need to make. And then they what kids,so they can mess up their heads,thinking its okay to be with the same sex.How sick is that. L eave the children out of this sick life style......PLEASE.....
You might not feel that gay marriage is right because it is not included in the Bible, but not everyone believes that the Bible should be a teaching tool. Some people just see is as a book of stories, not a life manual. After all, if (American) society should live their lives guided by the Bible, then why are we not adopting other rules of the Bible? I work on the Sabbath. I have touched meat (preparting dinner) while I was on my period. I have even ate shellfish. I have had sexual encounters before I was married and my husband and I enjoy oral sex (I know, TMI...) I know some of the things I just wrote were from the Old Testimate, but now they are acceptiable. If that is the case, why cannot marriage between two people who love eachother be acceptible, too?

I don't want this to be a debate. I am not trying to convince anyone here or anywhere that gay marriage should be allowed. I would never challenge someones' religious beliefs. But I just want to know why not let a gay couple get married? If two people were to get married, how would that marriage 'degrade' my marriage with my husband?

And while I am on it, how would a gay couple raising a child be perverted? There are many single mothers living with grandmas/aunts/sisters who raise boys. Not all gay people are pedophiles and not all pedophiles are gay (that is a common misconception, a totally other topic). What would be a better home for a child? A man/woman relationship where they don't get along, fight, etc. Or a home were one parent is always dating, bringing home a different person? Or a home with two people, regardless of sex, love and respect eachother?
FAA

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

makin_it wrote:
I know what you mean. I have a sis that's lesbian and my youngest sister is following in her footsteps...she doesn't even kno what it mean to be in a relationship and already feel that she likes girls. The reason they feel like that is they just want to be like the rest of the human race and live normal lives but what gets me is they put it on the ballot when we vote and them over turn the peoples decision of the majority vote.. how would the justice system feel if we were able to overturn a guilty verdict to an innocent verdict even if the defendent is wrong or right? Sinners or just humans the are attracted to the same sex...the voters spoke and were out heard by a judge who likes men hinself...how selfish.
Your younger sister is 13, right? She could be confusing sexuality with being attractive to someone. I am attracted towards Angelia Jole because I think she is beautiful and I love her hair and style. I have pictures of her cut and out saved. Do I want to have sex with her? NO! But I do like her clothes/style and want to find styles like what she is wearing. I also have pictures of Lucille Ball and Marilyn Monroe because I like the clothing from that era. Perhaps that is where your daughter is confused.

And/or your sister could be going through a phase where the only person who she feels can understand her is a friend, so she might become attractive to her. Kind of like how a patient become attracted to their doctor...they are the only ones who understand. I could of sworn I was in love with my dentist because he took away my extreme pain, and he looked like a goat!

Some people feel that being gay is something that you are born with, not something you develope. And you have an older sister who is gay, right?

Since: Aug 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 7, 2010
 
FAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Your younger sister is 13, right? She could be confusing sexuality with being attractive to someone. I am attracted towards Angelia Jole because I think she is beautiful and I love her hair and style. I have pictures of her cut and out saved. Do I want to have sex with her? NO! But I do like her clothes/style and want to find styles like what she is wearing. I also have pictures of Lucille Ball and Marilyn Monroe because I like the clothing from that era. Perhaps that is where your daughter is confused.
And/or your sister could be going through a phase where the only person who she feels can understand her is a friend, so she might become attractive to her. Kind of like how a patient become attracted to their doctor...they are the only ones who understand. I could of sworn I was in love with my dentist because he took away my extreme pain, and he looked like a goat!
Some people feel that being gay is something that you are born with, not something you develope. And you have an older sister who is gay, right?
yes I do. I do think that a person can be born that way. But I have seen influence brought upon my sister...which in a way is how the world turns. People are influenced by things that make them wanna be a certain way or wear a certain type of clothing. I belive that she was influenced, not born gay.
pdiddy

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

ZXCVB wrote:
Well its not right. And they are making a big deal out of it. I have gay friends,but I dont think they should marry. Theres nothing in the bible that says the same sex suppose to marry. How many sins do you need to make. And then they what kids,so they can mess up their heads,thinking its okay to be with the same sex.How sick is that. L eave the children out of this sick life style......PLEASE.....
I completely agree with you on this one. I am a man and I know that a child needs a MOTHER (NOT TWO FATHERS!) In their life to be happy. Think if your parents were gay and you all went on a vacation together. Sleeping in the same hotel seeing your two dads sleeping together (SICK)! We should just let gays get married so they would shut the fuck up and that bitchy LGBT group wouldn't have any excuse to parade around the damn streets. The only reason why politicians are considering giving them the right to marry is so that the USA doesn't look like hypocrites cause supposedly this Gay marriage is a RIGHT!!! So gays, maybe you would get more rights if you would just shut the fuck up and admit it's not normal and that you people are not only a minority in the USA, but in the WORLD!(And that is a fact!) Sorry!! The truth hurts:( and I'm sure you've heard that saying before.
nunya

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 1, 2011
 
I believe they should be able to get married if Anna Nicole smith can marry an 80 plus year old man while he's barely conscious and bible thumpers belive "Marriage is a sacred institution" allow that why can't people that are in love in consious be able to do as well.
nunya

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 1, 2011
 
pdiddy wrote:
<quoted text>I completely agree with you on this one. I am a man and I know that a child needs a MOTHER (NOT TWO FATHERS!) In their life to be happy. Think if your parents were gay and you all went on a vacation together. Sleeping in the same hotel seeing your two dads sleeping together (SICK)! We should just let gays get married so they would shut the fuck up and that bitchy LGBT group wouldn't have any excuse to parade around the damn streets. The only reason why politicians are considering giving them the right to marry is so that the USA doesn't look like hypocrites cause supposedly this Gay marriage is a RIGHT!!! So gays, maybe you would get more rights if you would just shut the fuck up and admit it's not normal and that you people are not only a minority in the USA, but in the WORLD!(And that is a fact!) Sorry!! The truth hurts:( and I'm sure you've heard that saying before.
That's it just let them do it and move on and stop wasting money on propositions and this and that sooner rather than later they will realize how good and stress free they had not worrying about buying a stupid ring and getting married.
The Voice

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 22, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

ZXCVB wrote:
Well its not right. And they are making a big deal out of it. I have gay friends,but I dont think they should marry. Theres nothing in the bible that says the same sex suppose to marry. How many sins do you need to make. And then they what kids,so they can mess up their heads,thinking its okay to be with the same sex.How sick is that. L eave the children out of this sick life style......PLEASE.....
I am not a gay individual, but I do believe in gay marriage. Every individual has the right to marry, find happiness for they rest of their lives. This is the only country that has a big problem with gay people. The society prosecutes them for just the fact that they chose to be this way. Now you using religion as your cause for this obnoxious campaign. So I am assuming you believe in Incest relationships. According to the bible which was written by the most flaw creature....mankind it states that we all are descendants from Adam and Eve. And if they had two sons, that meant that both sons mated with Eve thus creating a incest pool of on going sexual interactions. You see how stupid that is, then the birth of Jesus Christ came from a virgin, that was bullshit. A women cannot become pregnant unless inseminated, therefore she was not a virgin. The bible is a ridiculous book that has been used for many reasons that remain questionable such as wars and other acts. For once drop that stupid book and see what is front of you, I doubt that God not christ, but God wouldn't want us to find eternal happiness. If he created us, then he is our parent and every parent wants to see their children happy and find happiness.

So to all the gay religious individuals that are in the closet and are in doubt if God loves you or not. Do not fear and do not doubt, he will love you no matter what, he will accept us no matter what. You have the right to be happy, find happiness and live a life without the fear of prosecution for your lifestyle choices.

As for myself, I will continue to stand side by side with you we are brothers and sisters in arms, and in the light of this oppression war I will continue to fight along your side. We all deserve to find eternal happiness.
your wrong

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

God does love gay people, he loves everyone. But he did not make anyone gay and he hates the sin of being gay. Justifying one sin by saying that you commit another one makes no sense in your argument.
Leviticus 18:22 thu shalt not lie with mankind, as with womenkind: it is abomination.
abominaton is an action that is vicious or vile.

a lot of people don't understand that in order to be forgiven for your sin you have to repent and not commit that sin anymore, willfully.

one other thing, no one is born gay people are influenced to be gay as children and as adults.
HCl

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

We live in a diverse country where not everyone believes in the bible. If marriage really was a sacred act, then the divorce rate wouldn't be so high even among christian couples. I think you should let people live how they want to, as long as they're not hurting anyone or putting anyone at risk.

There is also no evidence that children raised with same-sex parents have a greater risk of not being heterosexual. If anything, these children grow up to be more loving and accepting of differences.

We have many homosexual people serving in our military, and I can't believe people don't want to let these heroes have the same rights as they have. These soldiers fight for millions of people who treat them with nothing more than hatred! Think of that. There are also many homosexual lawyers, vets, nurses, computer programmers, scientists, counselors, doctors, etc. in our society. Don't you think that the people who are improving our lives should have the simple right to get married as well? It's not much to ask.

Also, to the person above me, there is no evidence proving why or why people don't become homosexual.

I encourage anyone who doesn't believe that homosexual couples should get married, to consider these facts before staying put with their decision.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 30, 2011
 
your wrong wrote:
God does love gay people, he loves everyone. But he did not make anyone gay and he hates the sin of being gay. Justifying one sin by saying that you commit another one makes no sense in your argument.
Leviticus 18:22 thu shalt not lie with mankind, as with womenkind: it is abomination.
abominaton is an action that is vicious or vile.
a lot of people don't understand that in order to be forgiven for your sin you have to repent and not commit that sin anymore, willfully.
one other thing, no one is born gay people are influenced to be gay as children and as adults.
So why are there straight people who belive in gay rights?
Tom

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 14, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Wow, a lot of homophobia and bible bashers on here. You people are the scum of the earth. Stop living your life according to an invisible storybook character.
wow

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 15, 2011
 
hmm. Im not gay or anything, but I think its just sad that some people live their lives according to the bible. I'm also not religious but seeing people that taunt and belittle others, shows me that these religions do nothing but get you to hate and misunderstand the world.theres no reason why anyone should tell anyone else how to live their lives.the sooner we do that the sooner we can be at peace with eachother.
religion is about faith and the life you live. not about hating everyone else because to you,theyre wrong.
notanidiot

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Oh so no single parents then either huh? Idiot.
david

Cardiff, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

ZXCVB wrote:
Well its not right. And they are making a big deal out of it. I have gay friends,but I dont think they should marry. Theres nothing in the bible that says the same sex suppose to marry. How many sins do you need to make. And then they what kids,so they can mess up their heads,thinking its okay to be with the same sex.How sick is that. L eave the children out of this sick life style......PLEASE.....
your gay friends need to get rid ov you your no friend to people like us your sad
david

Cardiff, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 19, 2011
 
wow wrote:
hmm. Im not gay or anything, but I think its just sad that some people live their lives according to the bible. I'm also not religious but seeing people that taunt and belittle others, shows me that these religions do nothing but get you to hate and misunderstand the world.theres no reason why anyone should tell anyone else how to live their lives.the sooner we do that the sooner we can be at peace with eachother.
religion is about faith and the life you live. not about hating everyone else because to you,theyre wrong.
here here great comment

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 2:48AM PDT

•••
•••

Calimesa News Video

•••
•••

Calimesa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Calimesa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Calimesa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Calimesa
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••