Ben Franklin business creator to expa...

Ben Franklin business creator to expand in Bethlehem

There are 4 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Ben Franklin business creator to expand in Bethlehem. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

In an economy where businesses are failing and credit is tight, Ben Franklin Technology Partners is planning a major addition at Lehigh University 's Mountaintop Campus where 16 more entrepreneurs would be ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Frank

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Mar 13, 2009
This is great news for the Lehigh Valley!!
comment

Seoul, Korea

#2 Mar 13, 2009
1. I agree. It is a necessary asset for entrepreneurial creation.

2. My only question is efficiency. Of 13,000 NEW jobs created, what was cost of operations of Ben Franklin Technology Center since 1983? What is average salary? Has the center created more value than what has been directed to it in public funds.
Going Nowhere

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Mar 13, 2009
Better to get some infrastructure construction jobs going--real work for real people.

These inflated estimates of job-creation never pan out. Maybe half the number will eventually come to be created; and they will be taken by foreign visa immigrants.
Frank

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Mar 20, 2009
Going Nowhere wrote:
Better to get some infrastructure construction jobs going--real work for real people.
These inflated estimates of job-creation never pan out. Maybe half the number will eventually come to be created; and they will be taken by foreign visa immigrants.
Wrong. The "estimates" you sneer at are real jobs created for over 20 years of the program's history. Get the facts. And why on earth do you think high paid well educated people are less "real" than laborers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Hot Dog Place Under the Bridge in Brownsville (Jan '14) Nov '17 Mismary183 7
Verydice (Jul '17) Jul '17 Believe 1
News Tucker Carlson confronts filmmaker about bizarr... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Parden Pard 5
Where have all buildings gone? (Jul '17) Jul '17 Harry 1
News First woman police officer hired in Confluence (Feb '08) Jul '17 Wow 19
Chris Stanfield (Mar '17) Mar '17 Haywood 1
News Exchange student neglect may lead to reform (Jul '09) Mar '17 Bigbuggie 16

California Jobs

Personal Finance

California Mortgages