Doing it right

Full story: Lebanon Daily News

We took Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell to task recently for his hiring of a former Philadelphia-area CEO to head the oversight of federal stimulus spending in the commonwealth.
Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Apr 14, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HIH

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

Come on partisan Republican Rendell haters, if you want to make fair comparisons you will need to include every individual from all 50 States that was hired into a stimulus oversight positon. This is just more Republican cherry picking from the Party of NO !!!!!

You idiots act like there's only two states in the country.

Brad from Campbelltown

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Editor, "Doing it right" is what I consider one of your better editorials. It highlights that corruption in Pennsylvania starts at the top and works down.
If I remember my history correctly, there was a term used to denigrate railroad unions many years ago. The term was "feather-bedding". The unions insisted on extra crews on trains that did nothing.
So far, I am aware of two or three high paying do-nothing jobs Rendell has created for his cronies. I agree with your analysis of that situation. I think the People of PA and our State Legislature are best suited to oversee how the porkulus, er, I mean stimulus money is spent.
From this time on, in addition to Slick Eddie, we should also refer to the Governor as feather-bED RENDELL.
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

HIH wrote:
Come on partisan Republican Rendell haters, if you want to make fair comparisons you will need to include every individual from all 50 States that was hired into a stimulus oversight positon. This is just more Republican cherry picking from the Party of NO !!!!!
You idiots act like there's only two states in the country.
There is HIH, the Obama state, and the welfare state.
carl

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

HIH remind all of us who the LDNews endorsed for Pres, a dem or rep? i cant seem to remember????

DOPE
StillSplooging

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

hows it going , can you believe Top ix banned me from the sight! forum troll they called me! they said im crazy! they said the men in black are there! where are my socks!foxtrot uniform charlie kilo!-luvstosplooge
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

StillSplooging wrote:
hows it going , can you believe Top ix banned me from the sight! forum troll they called me! they said im crazy! they said the men in black are there! where are my socks!foxtrot uniform charlie kilo!-luvstosplooge
Somehow I knew it was you luvy.
HIH

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot all the bankrupt states, thanks to the Republicans and Bush.
HIH

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

carl wrote:
HIH remind all of us who the LDNews endorsed for Pres, a dem or rep? i cant seem to remember????
DOPE
This would be power for the course Carl, unless you write everyhing down you hear on Fox News or Limbaugh your simply clueless. So what's new ?
HIH

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey CBOW get ready, soccer season is soon here and the fat lady from Lebanon will soon be singing again.
HIH

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Brad from Campbelltown wrote:
Editor, "Doing it right" is what I consider one of your better editorials. It highlights that corruption in Pennsylvania starts at the top and works down.
If I remember my history correctly, there was a term used to denigrate railroad unions many years ago. The term was "feather-bedding". The unions insisted on extra crews on trains that did nothing.
So far, I am aware of two or three high paying do-nothing jobs Rendell has created for his cronies. I agree with your analysis of that situation. I think the People of PA and our State Legislature are best suited to oversee how the porkulus, er, I mean stimulus money is spent.
From this time on, in addition to Slick Eddie, we should also refer to the Governor as feather-bED RENDELL.
This sounds exactly the same as the Republicans in the US. Congress. The Republican voters say we need to pay them to be in Washington and they sit around and just vote NO !!!!

I wonder which Party really is lazy, overpaid and worthless, yet you condemn a few middle class union workers,you Republican hypocrite.
carl

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

what does Fox news have to do with who the Lebanon Daily News endorsed? your still deranged

Pls remind us all who the news endorsed... LOLOL

DOPE
HIH

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

carl wrote:
what does Fox news have to do with who the Lebanon Daily News endorsed? your still deranged
Pls remind us all who the news endorsed... LOLOL
DOPE
It's a useless waste of time to remind any member of the Party of "NO" anything.
HIH

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Why is it that the Party of No, that calls themselves the Conservative Party hasn't elected one President in over twenty years that hasn't increased the countries deficit by the time they left the White House.

The Republicans are the Party of No ideas, and old worn out tax cuts for the rich and big business that have never done anything but increase the countries deficit.
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

HIH wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot all the bankrupt states, thanks to the Republicans and Bush.
California is bankrupt because of welfare and illegals, get it right ,HIH.
carl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

who did this dastardly LDNEWS endorse?

Come on DOPEY you can say it!
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

HIH wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey CBOW get ready, soccer season is soon here and the fat lady from Lebanon will soon be singing again.
Only if knuckleheads like you try to take her rights again.
HIH

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
California is bankrupt because of welfare and illegals, get it right ,HIH.
California unlike Alaska currently sends more federal money into the federal government then it accepts back.

Try again, CBOW.
HIH

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

carl wrote:
who did this dastardly LDNEWS endorse?
Come on DOPEY you can say it!
OCarl your my NO. 1 Fan.
HIH

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if knuckleheads like you try to take her rights again.
And knuckleheads like you give them the rights to shoot Police Officers in Pittsburgh.

You get the point how this works CBOW, I'll take the credit for wanting to keep guns away from a kids soccer game as long as you take the blame for giving guns to nutcases that kill innocent Police Officers.
HIH

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

HIH wrote:
<quoted text>
California unlike Alaska currently sends more federal money into the federal government then it accepts back.
Try again, CBOW.
Try again CBOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent California Discussions

Search the California Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 55 min the boy who cried wolf 3,820
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Sat Peak 51,194
School circa 1957 (Aug '10) Jul 6 Jill Marie Lutz 12
Who do you support for State House in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Jun '14 CaCat 9
5-Town Recreational Park future in serious doubt (Jul '09) May '14 Brad Martin 6
Faded memories #3 May '14 John Musisko 1
Review: Fay-West Medical - Nick Dileo MD (Aug '10) May '14 Hey 10
•••
•••
•••
California Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

California Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000