First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Englewood, CO

#1 Sep 17, 2009
I cant seem to find this website anymore. What has happened to this place?
Uncle Bill

Monroe, LA

#2 Sep 18, 2009
They closed up the business.
wondering

Englewood, CO

#3 Sep 21, 2009
Well I hate that! Why did they do that? I know they did not have it last year, with the remark that they were getting ready for this year with new houses and all?
LA Chick

Cordova, TN

#4 Sep 23, 2009
They aren't opening it up anymore. It was an all year job and they want to spend time with their family.
BANKLADY

Shreveport, LA

#5 Sep 25, 2009
LA Chick wrote:
They aren't opening it up anymore. It was an all year job and they want to spend time with their family.
Oh, i hate that ! There is suppose to be a really good one opening in shreveport, la this year. Website is ultimatefear.net
Olla girl

Baskin, LA

#6 Oct 3, 2009
i am still upset that they quit they had the best haunted house that i had ever been to! I am sad :(
Braylei

United States

#7 Oct 23, 2009
We are also upset about the haunted houses not being open this year. We travel from Lafayette, LA to see this attraction. We've been to the 13th Gate, but these houses were the best. Along with the stage performances, these were the top rated haunted houses. We'll miss it!
stantheman1

Shreveport, LA

#8 May 19, 2010
Yea sad to hear but they are closed. I went to ultimate fear haunted house in SHreveport last year and it was impressive for their first year for sure! The guy outside kept saying just wait till the 2010 season, dramatically different, they were pressed for time in 2009. I think these guys are serious and here to stay.
Die Hard Fan

Pineville, LA

#9 Jun 16, 2010
Please reopen Edge Of Madness!
hmm

Apo, AE

#10 Jun 28, 2010
I worked there and i'm sure that the lady who owned it would love to hear this. but she mad her mind up... but i think it may reopen one day... as soon as her sons get out of school
nefarious

Shreveport, LA

#11 Jul 26, 2010
try gentleman death's shocktale show out at the fair grounds in shreveport-it's descended from dr blood & is run by gas light players who put on a show like nothing you will see anywhere else.
spookylover

Shreveport, LA

#12 Aug 10, 2010
Ultimatefear.net is where it is at! I got an inside tour of their event a few days ago. It blows everything else in the area away. Takes haunts to a whole new level locally.
Haley

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2010
She should have leased the place out to another group to run, it was a huge money maker for the area and provided jobs for those that could really use them right now. I wish they would open it back or consider leaseing or selling it to somebody that does what to open it back up. We miss it, October just hasn't been the same!
hauntfreak

Shreveport, LA

#14 Sep 13, 2010
ultimate fear is great if you've seen chainsaw massacre i guess & are just into haunts that mirror moviescripts...
the best is still the one that follows the dr blood tradition- they've taken haunting & turned it into an artform-dr blood himself said that nobody does it like they do ANYWHERE in the nation & he should know,he works for sally corporation & designs darkrides for a living
SHreveportmenic

Shreveport, LA

#15 Sep 20, 2010
I am an actor at Ultimate Fear this year. Ultimate Fear does not mirror anything? Especially a chainsaw movie, seeing as they do not even have a chainsaw in their event. I have toured every local haunted house and several nation wide. This year Ultimate Fear is pretty incredible for what they had to work with.
Mamma T

Monroe, LA

#16 Oct 7, 2010
wondering wrote:
I cant seem to find this website anymore. What has happened to this place?
The Edge of Madness is no longer in operation. I know everyone misses it, but there is no chance of a reopening. Sorry!
Mamma T

Monroe, LA

#17 Oct 7, 2010
Haley wrote:
She should have leased the place out to another group to run, it was a huge money maker for the area and provided jobs for those that could really use them right now. I wish they would open it back or consider leaseing or selling it to somebody that does what to open it back up. We miss it, October just hasn't been the same!
No M'aam, the Edge wasn't the money maker everyone thought it to be. It takes alot to run a large establishment like that and you're only open 1 month and not even every day. She did it because she loved it. Staffing the Edge and hiring security, lights, animatronics etc. is extremely expensive. However, it is nice to know we'll be missed!!
Kelly Jones

Jena, LA

#18 Oct 17, 2010
I can't believe this attraction has shut down. My 10 year anniversary is this Thursday and my hubby said I could pick anywhere I wanted to go, and Edge of Madness was my 1st pick! I'm so upset, I know there is nothing else around Louisiana that could ever compare!
DISAPPOINTED

Shreveport, LA

#19 Oct 22, 2010
I visited the Edge in 2007 and it was like nothing i had ever seen before, i anticipated taking my children back in 2009, which was what the website said.. I checked it often and they were eager to go. The websit was removed and no one ever answered the phone. I know that it took alot and i understand the time taken to get it together, i mean just going into the haunts we could see the amount of work and time put into scareing us.. It was the best! Thank you...
Sad in Ark

Shreveport, LA

#20 Dec 13, 2010
We traveled from Arkansas to see the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in 2009 and 2010. Since the Edge of Madness has been closed we needed another good event in the area. I am sad to say the guys at Ultimate Fear try, but the show is terrible. They did some remodels from the first year in 2009 to this past year 2010, but it did not matter. Maybe they need some better quality actors or management controlling them. All timing is off, actors on cell phones when customers walk through catching them off guard, or the actors are in a conversation with each other, or not even paying attention at all. Poorly themed and designed. We have been haunt lovers for the best part of 30 years. $16 admission, try $6 guys. I do hope another new event comes to town, one that will be bring dignity back to the local Haunted Attractions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Duke Sonnier Jr. facing aggravated domestic abu... (Aug '10) Jun '17 Username 33
Jason smith Apr '17 Clark 1
Big Black Cat sightings (Aug '06) Feb '17 Kphillips 368
Family Dollar (Dec '16) Feb '17 LELE42 2
Guy.hello? (Jan '17) Jan '17 Kelley 1
News Winnsboro teen wins rap contest held in Rayville (May '08) Jan '17 Dee 7
10 (Dec '16) Dec '16 Paco 1

Calhoun Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calhoun Mortgages