Ward 6 Constable election on Oct. 4

Posted in the Calhoun Forum

Mike Lee

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2008
We have our election for Constable for the Calhoun/Ward 6 area on Oct 4. My name is Mike Lee, and I am seeking election to the Constable's post. I am a political newcomer, but a long time resident of Ward 6, and am well known to many local people. I am running for office because I am concerned about problems that are starting to arise from the rapid growth of our area, plus I would be honored to serve my community in a capacity in which I have experience.
I am a 1975 graduate of a Ward 6 school, the former Calhoun High School. My family has resided in Ward 6 for almost 40 years. I am involved with the Calhoun Little League program, and I am an experienced law enforcement officer and graduated from my academy class ranked third out of 42 officers.
I am concerned about the challenges our area faces with the rapid growth of Ward 6. Many new businesses have opened, more people are building and calling Ward 6 home, and the caseload is growing rapidly for the Ward 6 constable. I am also concerned about our young people that are rapidly growing up with the pressures of society. I have the experience and dedication needed to deal with the demands of the position. I will be proactive instead of reactive, and even though my agenda will deal mostly with serving court documents, I am concerned about and will enforce litter laws and illegal dumping, plus I will be making periodic and unannounced rounds of our businesses after closing hours to help deter burglary. If elected, I will implement a website and email address to keep citizens informed and to allow questions, comments, or complaints to be directly addressed.
I would like to ask everyone in Ward 6 for the consideration of your vote on October 4. It is greatly appreciated.
Mike Lee

United States

#2 Oct 5, 2008
To all Ward 6 voters,
I appreciate the confidence that has been shown in me by the total number of votes I received in the election today. I was elected Ouachita Parish Ward 6 Constable by a 61 vote margin, 277-216.
I enjoyed meeting many of you during my many door to door stops during the campaign. I wish I could have met everyone, but because of the large geographical area of Ward 6 and limited time restraints before election day, it was just not possible. However, I hope to eventually meet many of those I could not see at this time later on during my term of office.
I will consider the many suggestions that were given to me for improving the performance of the Ward 6 constable's office, and will make sure that the improvements that are implemented will help provide better service to the citizens.
Again, thank you for the mandate tonight, and I appreciate each and every voter who placed their trust in me. I will not let you down.
Mike Lee

United States

#3 Oct 5, 2008
FYI, I'm not sure how to change the location in the colored type in the margin on the left under my name, but it should read Calhoun, LA, not Shreveport or Bienville.
Mike Lee

United States

#4 Dec 26, 2008
For comments, complaints, or concerns about the Ward 6 area of Ouachita Parish, you can email me at ouaconstable6@aol.com and I will address them promptly.
the truth

United States

#5 Feb 7, 2009
mike lee is a convicted felon. he has 2 arrest for sex crimes in ouachita parish. how can this pervert be a constable?
Mr Lawman

United States

#6 Feb 9, 2009
the truth wrote:
mike lee is a convicted felon. he has 2 arrest for sex crimes in ouachita parish. how can this pervert be a constable?
You may want to go back and recheck your database. He was never convicted of any sex crimes. AT ALL! You have just slandered someone and have now opened yourself up to a lawsuit. Congratulations, Mr. Deputy! Give it up. You won't win if you are given the office of Constable. That's the only reason you are running this smear campaign. You hide behind your little posts and false names, but the people of Calhoun know who you are. Man up and admit your name. You're great at dropping everyone else's names for the public to see! If you are so worried, why didn't you sign up to run when Mike did? Maybe because you are on the payroll of another parish position, making posts on parish taxpayer's money? You might wanna be careful about your own job. You could just need that Constable paycheck, after all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Black Cat sightings (Aug '06) Jan 20 carlos 351
Track girl in 08 who's mom was deaf Dec 31 Country boy 1
Voice from the Grave (Sep '12) Dec 29 Ashly 9
Books Dec '14 Pab1 1
Does anyone know Gwen Bennit from Vancouver WA. (Aug '12) Oct '14 Randall Power 2
Avery Rhodes and his little girlfriend Aug '14 countrygirl87 1
Indictments in major drug operation to be annou... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Wat 1
Calhoun Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Calhoun People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:28 am PST

NFL 6:28AM