Gordon County Did What?????

Gordon County Did What?????

Posted in the Calhoun Forum

Gordonian

Tucker, GA

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Gordon Co Board of Ed has accepted the resignation of Bill McGowan. They had to see it coming. Apparently he had been looking for another job for some time, and although didnt land one decided it was time for his farewell.
What happened next was the kicker. The elected Board of Ed has decided to replace Bill with someone available. That's right, available! There was no job posting, no interviewing of potential candidates, and no reference checks.
Seems to me they dropped the ball for our children in this one. Have they gone soft? Have they forgotten their responsibility to the people to do their jobs according to the rules set forth by the board? Or have we allowed them to simply grow lazy and arrogant?
If you have a child in the Gordon County school system, then join me in contacting your local board member.
cherokee

Fortson, GA

#2 Feb 15, 2013
Gordonian wrote:
Gordon Co Board of Ed has accepted the resignation of Bill McGowan. They had to see it coming. Apparently he had been looking for another job for some time, and although didnt land one decided it was time for his farewell.
What happened next was the kicker. The elected Board of Ed has decided to replace Bill with someone available. That's right, available! There was no job posting, no interviewing of potential candidates, and no reference checks.
Seems to me they dropped the ball for our children in this one. Have they gone soft? Have they forgotten their responsibility to the people to do their jobs according to the rules set forth by the board? Or have we allowed them to simply grow lazy and arrogant?
If you have a child in the Gordon County school system, then join me in contacting your local board member.
We had 3 BOE members who were re-elected without opposition. People need to step and run for these posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump and Generals To Impose Military Draft ?! 3 hr Team Ossoff 80
STOP MIKE PENCE In Georiga,Atlanta. 3 hr Team Ossoff 1
Mona Stumpf and Kurt Stumpf (Sep '09) 4 hr dcome 18
Farmer's Markets in Atlanta Metro area 5 hr Hazel T 1
News Developer turns attention to Gainesville downto... 5 hr John Valenza 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr bayonne nj 21,037
New Restaurant in Sonoraville May 15 Skip 11

Calhoun Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calhoun Mortgages