A letter to Chief Mitch Ralston

Posted in the Calhoun Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Mark

United States

#1 Feb 6, 2009
It seems the new police chief Mitch Ralston and Obama have one thing in common. They both donít have enough experience to do the job! With four murders in Gordon County this year 2009, it is off to a bad start for newly elected puppet Chief Mitch Ralston. Increasing police patrols will not stop murders and robberies, but getting out interacting with the people who they are supposed to be protecting is. The people have paid for new cars and increased the police manpower, but the crime is getting worse! I personally never see police in the county other than Calhoun. Are we not important enough to keep safe Chief Ralston? It is a failed belief that more cops and prisons keep crime down, but actually the opposite is true. Crime has a direct relationship to economy and not more cops or bigger budgets. To decreases crime during a depression you need increase social policing tactics, and not more patrols and manpower. I hope this inexperienced police chief Ralston reads this note, and stop listening to all those foolish Foxes out there.
An informed citizen

Atlanta, GA

#2 Feb 6, 2009
Mitch is a good,honest Christian.His years of writing tickets certainly qualifies him to run a mulitmillion dollar budget.Therrell and Randal are always around to help him make the right decision for the good of the county and them.
Mark

United States

#3 Feb 6, 2009
An informed citizen wrote:
Mitch is a good,honest Christian.His years of writing tickets certainly qualifies him to run a mulitmillion dollar budget.Therrell and Randal are always around to help him make the right decision for the good of the county and them.
I like your comments!
say what

Chickamauga, GA

#4 Feb 6, 2009
Mitch is the new sheriff and not a chief of police there Mark. Big Difference.Got your point there though.
Nothing new

Atlanta, GA

#5 Feb 9, 2009
I like this conversation. Maybe the new sheriff could be like Joe Arpaio on you tube and stop the illegals from talking over.
Always right

Powder Springs, GA

#6 Feb 25, 2009
He has not responded. Maybe he is sleeping in his car?
An informed citizen

Atlanta, GA

#7 Feb 25, 2009
I'll go wake up Sheriff Goswic...I mean Sheriff Ralston right now.
sheriff goswic ha ha

United States

#8 Mar 3, 2009
It is true that Ralston is not really running the police, but at least he has new painted cars. I heard another sheriff converting their cars to propane and saving money at that. Maybe Ralston could do something for the citizens of Gordon County since he is not stopping citizens from getting killed.

“Life is only as Purrrrfect as ”

Since: Feb 09

Georgia

#9 Mar 3, 2009
Guys ~ I've gotta ask? What are these murders you speak of? Can ANYONE stop a crazed man from shooting his wife and then himself? HOW do you propose (and show some intelligent thinking here please?) that Mitch STOP the types of murders that have happened here this yr?

For the record? Im neither FOR nor AGAINST any,any,any elected official in Go.Co.((Not a big fan of the "patrolman" regardless of who he or she is..))

“Life is only as Purrrrfect as ”

Since: Feb 09

Georgia

#10 Mar 3, 2009
Also? I am SOOOOO not a republican! Our County is SCREWED blue with the simple minded way of thinking....
Tax payer

Calhoun, GA

#11 Mar 3, 2009
Okay....it is Sheriff Mitch Ralston and everyone running their mouths do not even live in Gordon County.....Also use spell check please. Yes, Sheriff Ralston was with the GSP for several years. He is way more qualified than Jerry Davis ever was or Rodney Glass ever thought about being....I wasn't a Ralston fan but I definitely have seen some action he has taken since being in office and know for a fact this county will be cleaned up soon. As for murders, domestic murders are not preventable by any police force. He has implemented physical training which has never been done before and trust me if you've seen some of the officers they couldn't catch me and I'm not a thin person. Also these democrats that were leading this county before allowed felons to be hired as jailers, patrolman, and.. oh yeah drug task force....GO DEMOCRATS!!! Give Sheriff Ralston a year or two and see what happens....
concerned citizen

Akron, OH

#12 Mar 3, 2009
You can't expect years of neglect to be fixed in 2 months,Mitch is a good man give him the time he deserves to right the wrongs that he had no part in.
Jonny Reb

United States

#13 Mar 4, 2009
Mitch is not doing what he promissed in his campaign he had. Its like Obama and earmarks. They say one thing and do another when they are in office. Painting police cars is not what he said he would do and with lowering budgets and more unemployment he needs to focus on cost effective programs to curve crime. Recess is over!
An informed citizen

Atlanta, GA

#14 Mar 4, 2009
"...leading this county before allowed felons to be hired as jailers, patrolman, and.. oh yeah drug task force..." Ummm,the folks Therrell has in charge there are the same bunch who've been running the department into the ground for years.Also,how do you "know for a fact" the county is going to be cleaned up? Are the people in charge going to actually do their job now,instead of drawing a check while running businesses on the side?You want to know what the difference between Davis and Ralston is? One masturbates with the left hand and the other one uses his right hand.
Tax payer

United States

#15 Mar 4, 2009
Therrell Goswick was never the Sheriff he was the Cheif of Police...that means he was not an elected official he was appointed for the city police. Therrell Goswick doesn't even hold a position with the Sheriff's dept. I don't know why everyone keeps talking about him.??? They are using the money confiscated in drug raids to paint the police cars, so it isn't cutting into any budgets. Sheriff Ralston has only been in office for 2 months so back off. Also, please do not be crude when posting things on here.
Jonny Reb

United States

#16 Mar 4, 2009
Sounds like a voter for Ralston. He's a pupet of Fox and others. Don't see any changes to the old gard do you?
Jonny Reb

United States

#17 Mar 4, 2009
Letís think about what is happening here. The economic situation in Gordon County is higher taxes than other counties in NW GA, over dependence on one industry, and greedy elected officials who will not lower our taxes or stop spending during these hard times. Example: the local police recently got a 35 million dollar new prison, new police cars, and new staff; on the other hand, the taxpaying citizens of Gordon got laid off, higher taxes, and a depressed economy. The results of this situation in Gordon are people stressing out and shooting people, killing people, and committing more crimes. It seems you do not understand the relationship between government and the citizens it is supposed to serve.
PARROTT

Lilburn, GA

#18 Mar 6, 2009
GOSWICK DOES NOT WORK FOR THE SHERIFFS OFFICE, THE MURDERS WERE INSIDE THE CITY OF CALHOUN,CARS PAINTED FROM SEIZED DRUG MONEY. BUDGET HAS BEEN DECREASED EXTREMELY,CHECK THE GRAND JURY REPORTS,CMON EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING AND MAKE YOURSELVES LOOK FOOLISH. AND I COULD CATCH YOU.
Informed Citizen

Atlanta, GA

#19 Mar 7, 2009
Parrott,thats a good name because you just parrott what Randal and Therrell tell you.As far as educating ourself,you should do the same.The city of Calhoun is in Gordon County.Are you so stupid you don't realize the sheriff has jurisdiction there too? They really have their priorties right,let's get the cars repainted and different uniforms before anything else.It should scare the criminals right out of town.And you could "catch me"? That means you'll have to wake up after "running radar" and actually patrol some.
Deputy

Calhoun, GA

#20 Mar 11, 2009
Everytime an elected official takes the position of Sheriff, they repaint the cars. A new jail was needed badly. Though the US Supreme court voted that over-crowding is not cruel and unusual punishment, it is still not safe for the inmates as well as correctional officers to have ten inmates locked in a six man capacity cell. Also, purchasing new uniforms will save the county money in the long run because the old polyester uniforms tore and busted out at the knees constantly because of the true physical attributes to the job. And you should research the broken windows theory of policing. It is a large basis to Ralston's stance on policing involvement with the community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massive rainfall floods So. GA 49 min Will Dockery 1
1989: Milliken donates Santa rugs 52 min Will Dockery 1
Why are Sexy Rich White women, leaving White M... (Jan '12) 5 hr what ever 483
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr truth told 19,572
Scott's Pharmacy Review (Feb '14) Fri Great service 8
Courthouse Christmas Tree Thu No Bull 29
lazy mom Dec 25 coloring 22

Flood Watch for Gordon County was issued at December 28 at 3:50AM EST

Calhoun News Video

Calhoun Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Calhoun People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Calhoun News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Calhoun