Magistrate runoff
First Prev
of 31
Next Last
Undecided

Calhoun, GA

#1 Aug 6, 2012
Silvers or leggett?
question

Norcross, GA

#2 Aug 6, 2012
Silvers. Should have already been in there after Judge Broyles passed.
jen

Rome, GA

#3 Aug 6, 2012
Silver's...leggett don't know his Butt from a hole in the ground...hes a complete idiot...
see more butts

Calhoun, GA

#4 Aug 6, 2012
question wrote:
Silvers. Should have already been in there after Judge Broyles passed.
Should have been {YES} But you know how GOOD OLD BOYS system works.
question

Norcross, GA

#5 Aug 6, 2012
see more butts wrote:
<quoted text> Should have been {YES} But you know how GOOD OLD BOYS system works.
I think the good ole boys are having regrets on that idiotic decision they made. But as long as we all go out to the polls August 21 we will be able to show the town's decision not someone we've had to SETTLE for. Silvers all the way.
Undecided

Calhoun, GA

#6 Aug 6, 2012
So who will black and fuller votes go too?
question

Norcross, GA

#7 Aug 6, 2012
Hear black was promised a job so he is leggett. Pretty sure fuller will be behind silvers cause fuller doesnt want lawyer there either.
justme

United States

#8 Aug 6, 2012
Undecided wrote:
So who will black and fuller votes go too?
I don't think fuller cares.word is ,fuller and is brothers are in NC trout fishing.
CharlieDC5

Calhoun, GA

#9 Aug 6, 2012
jen wrote:
Silver's...leggett don't know his Butt from a hole in the ground...hes a complete idiot...
...and this is based on?
Leeroy

Rome, GA

#10 Aug 7, 2012
Silvers
Scott

Calhoun, GA

#11 Aug 7, 2012
Please vote for the most qualified. That is clearly Judge Leggett. We want doctors will medical experience. We should want judges with legal experience. Correct?
Leeroy

Rome, GA

#12 Aug 7, 2012
Scott wrote:
Please vote for the most qualified. That is clearly Judge Leggett. We want doctors will medical experience. We should want judges with legal experience. Correct?
Scott - We want doctors "will" medical experience
I guess you Lawyers are human after all hahahahah

Silvers - they both are qualified and Silvers has the most experienced so i say he is the most qualified.I have heard the "we need a Lawyer to sign warrants argument, but the truth is that we have a non lawyer signing warrants now. If Leggett gets elected we will still have non lawyer signing warrants (unless Leggett is gonna sign every warrant)
Silvers
jen

Munford, AL

#13 Aug 7, 2012
This is from experience .... he only knows how to line his pockets and not listen to evidence.
Scott

Calhoun, GA

#14 Aug 7, 2012
The lesson for me is to never type without my glasses on.
Gotcha

United States

#15 Aug 7, 2012
Scott wrote:
Please vote for the most qualified. That is clearly Judge Leggett. We want doctors will medical experience. We should want judges with legal experience. Correct?
Ricky has more seat time , has tried more cases, has more law enforcement experience, strong roots in Gordon county,and is completely in touch with the common man !!! Just because Leggett has a law degree doesn't make him good as a lawyer or a judge . Doctors are sued all the time for malpractice even though they are doctors .. Lawyers lose all the time because they can't put together a better case than their opponent ... Your argument is a sandbox childish my momma is better at dominos than your momma approach... Grow up Scott and know that Ricky is the best fit for the job... According to Leggetts Facebook ,,, he still lives in Atlanta ... WTH...
Scott

Calhoun, GA

#16 Aug 7, 2012
I want the smartest candidate. Period. It is not a question of "growing up" as you put it. We have different priorities regarding a judge's qualifications. I want intelligence, education, legal training and experience. You want ... well , I am not sure what you want. List for me what you feel makes a judge qualified.
question

Norcross, GA

#17 Aug 7, 2012
My thought is this......the past chief magistrates have never been lawyers. Why start now?! Now the flip side all these CM sign warrants that give all these attys in any town work. If it wasn't for them these lawyers would have to stick to divorce court, which I have heard current administration is not too good at. Or at least when it comes to collecting. It worked fine before and still padded his pockets.
Gotcha

United States

#18 Aug 7, 2012
Scott wrote:
I want the smartest candidate. Period. It is not a question of "growing up" as you put it. We have different priorities regarding a judge's qualifications. I want intelligence, education, legal training and experience. You want ... well , I am not sure what you want. List for me what you feel makes a judge qualified.
You want a man who's over qualified for the CM job .. If you think that the man you have described in your post is going to be happy with a 68000.00 yearly salary , your fooling yourself.. Leggett taking that job is like a VP of Mohawk stepping down to take a plant managers job... Wake up Scott ... Leggett is restructuring that office to haul in the cash cow for himself .. His judge buddy is in on this also... If Leggett wins the election , you will see an amendment to his budget first and then in a matter of time he will be sitting on superior court cases with a salary double that of just CMJ.. In other words Scott , you are wanting the least bang for your buck...Leggett with all his credentials is over qualified for the job and nothing more than a square peg driving himself into a round hole !!! He is not a good fit for the job...
LifeLongCalhoune r

Calhoun, GA

#19 Aug 7, 2012
Leeroy wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott - We want doctors "will" medical experience
I guess you Lawyers are human after all hahahahah
Silvers - they both are qualified and Silvers has the most experienced so i say he is the most qualified.I have heard the "we need a Lawyer to sign warrants argument, but the truth is that we have a non lawyer signing warrants now. If Leggett gets elected we will still have non lawyer signing warrants (unless Leggett is gonna sign every warrant)
Silvers
My opinion is concerning our hometown community and the overall environment that we want our children nurtured. The Magistrate Court is a peoples court - to avoid lawyers by representing yourself. If the candidates can read and comprehend then having the "law degree" is a mute point - we have sustained many years without a "lawyer" in this position. I grew up in Calhoun, I moved away from Calhoun and moved back when I was ready to settle down and raise a family. This community needs to rally around good people with good values. Not those that pretend to be something they are not and deceive the public by hiding behind their true beliefs. Do a little homework on the candidates and learn for yourself where their true values lie. Were they the head of the Democratic party during the last election and now lying just to keep a job? I vote for honesty - no one wants to be screwed around with dishonest people - times are too hard for that these days...
Leeroy

Rome, GA

#20 Aug 7, 2012
Scott wrote:
The lesson for me is to never type without my glasses on.
just messin with you hehehehe

Scott, I was able to sit on one of your 1st cases as a young attorney and was very impressed with you,and respect your opinion. I assume you and Leggett are friends I just think Silvers is a better fit for GC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Saves 1000 Jobs at Carrier 1 hr ATLien 14
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr coon dogs 20,695
Final Election Returns: Hillary wins popular vo... 16 hr ThomasA 16
Pavtube iOS Data Recovery:help you recover lost... (Jan '14) Sat SharonMartin 17
Dunkin' Donuts boycotted for Racism/Supporting ... Fri Donald 47
News Live updates: Jim McElwain talks Alabama-Florid... Fri Evil Roy Slade 1
Excalibur Tattoos -Lousy Tattoo Business in Aug... Fri Pastee 9

Calhoun Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calhoun Mortgages