outraged at gordon hospital - calhoun ga
Concerned

Calhoun, GA

#342 Jan 25, 2013
dear unhappy patient, you say you got a felony 11 years ago and you still don't have no house, no car,no money or job. what have you been doing for the past 11 years? who is taking care of you?

Since: Jan 13

Ranger, GA

#343 Jan 26, 2013
Oxymoron, a for-profit hospital owned and operated by a non-profit religious organization that turns away the poor. That discriminates against non-believers(people who believe in Science)

I use to play on the steps of the old Pine Street hospital as my mother finished her shift. I've lived here my whole life. I know of what I speak. If you want to die, go to Gordon Hospital, otherwise I suggest you go elsewhere.
Pendley

Chattanooga, TN

#344 Feb 28, 2013
Well I had to take my husband last night to the ER and was very displeased. He thought that he was going to die. So when you go into a emergercy room the last thing you need, is to have a rude nurse. We look for encoragement and kind words. Not when you ask can I stand up, for the nurse to say(I don't care, it's not going to bother me!). I think most of this is due to the ER employees, because I have used them several times and was please with the rest of the hospital. We had a nurse that was rude and wanted to fuss with me, I was on one side of my husband and her on the other. When I made the comment that she doesn't have to be rude she just starting fussing with me. My husband finally said this was making his pain worse, so I asked her to leave, then she came back and stuck her head back in the door for no reason and started again.She tried to deny that she had said that.(are you serious!) I asked her to leave and not to come back! No last name, but her 1st name was Kim.
Pendley

Chattanooga, TN

#345 Feb 28, 2013
Also, this was the 1st time I know of that my husband has been to a ER in the last 23years that I have known him and been married to him. Not everbody goes just because they need a fix.
B Box

Miami, FL

#346 Feb 28, 2013
John Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. You spew trash from your mouth like a fountain of filth. First, you're not the physician Brent Box. Second, you have NOT seen Dr. Taylor drop a child on their head once the child has been delivered; not once and not 'MANY' times.
I would be ashamed of myself to come onto a public forum and portray myself as a physician or anyone other than myself. That truly speaks volumes for your character. I bet you make your family proud. You are a coward. You make it quite obvious that you are nothing more than an insecure, selfless excuse for a man. I'd say it's time to grow up.
I'll take a lie detector test any day !!! I work there- I have most DEFINATELY seen it !!!
Concerned

Calhoun, GA

#347 Feb 28, 2013
What would be the reason that you drove all the way from Chattanooga to Gordon Hospital? The service must not be too bad. you said your husband hurt so bad that he thought he was going to die,pretty far to drive huh! Hmm
Concerned

Calhoun, GA

#348 Jun 30, 2013
I had my baby at Gordon Hosptial. great experience!!! I later took the same baby at 6 months to the ER for not being able to breathe. Diagnosed with RSV and sent home. Took her less than 24 hours later to Scottish Rite and stayed a week. Can't believe they sent her home to go and stay at a children's hospital for a week!!! I was glad though that we didn't get stuck staying there!!
nancy joan spell

Calhoun, GA

#349 Jul 1, 2013
I have been a patient at gordon hospital at least 12 time's in the past year..I had cancer , and I have had to have surgery's, and test of all kind's... I think gordon hospital it the best hospital I have ever been in . and I have been in hospital's in florida, texas, and tennessee.... they have the best doctor's, and nurse's, and I have alway's had excellent care... I would recommmend this hospital to anyone.. I have had nothing but good care every time I have been in there. I am now cancer free , and I credit that to a lot of prayer's for me , and to gordon hospital.
Hello

Calhoun, GA

#350 Jul 4, 2013
Gordon Hospital is by far a better hospital. Travel to other towns this size and you will see for yourself.
debi

United States

#351 Jul 7, 2013
I agree that what she did was unprofessional . Was this matter reported? Their are cameras, and additionally the officer who stood by and did nothing deserves to be disciplined, if a patient were to speak like that to hospital staff they would be arrested, hence the reason why the officer is there. However this incident needs to be reporting by whom ever witnessed the incident and then the hospital would have to investigate and take action upon the receptionist and the officer
nutty donald

Calhoun, GA

#352 Jul 8, 2013
debi wrote:
I agree that what she did was unprofessional . Was this matter reported? Their are cameras, and additionally the officer who stood by and did nothing deserves to be disciplined, if a patient were to speak like that to hospital staff they would be arrested, hence the reason why the officer is there. However this incident needs to be reporting by whom ever witnessed the incident and then the hospital would have to investigate and take action upon the receptionist and the officer
So if a patient is rude to staff the patient is arrested? Listen,staying high 24/7 just rots your brain.Try being straight just once,you'll find the world isn't as mean and rude as you perceive it.
nutty donald

Calhoun, GA

#353 Jul 8, 2013
Pendley wrote:
Also, this was the 1st time I know of that my husband has been to a ER in the last 23years that I have known him and been married to him. Not everbody goes just because they need a fix.
Interesting that you would mention "need a fix".Freudian slip?
nutty donald

Calhoun, GA

#354 Jul 8, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I had my baby at Gordon Hosptial. great experience!!! I later took the same baby at 6 months to the ER for not being able to breathe. Diagnosed with RSV and sent home. Took her less than 24 hours later to Scottish Rite and stayed a week. Can't believe they sent her home to go and stay at a children's hospital for a week!!! I was glad though that we didn't get stuck staying there!!
Try cutting back to smoking only 2 packs a day around your baby,she'll be much healthier.
nutty donald

Calhoun, GA

#355 Jul 8, 2013
Donald E Putnam Jr wrote:
Oxymoron, a for-profit hospital owned and operated by a non-profit religious organization that turns away the poor. That discriminates against non-believers(people who believe in Science)
I use to play on the steps of the old Pine Street hospital as my mother finished her shift. I've lived here my whole life. I know of what I speak. If you want to die, go to Gordon Hospital, otherwise I suggest you go elsewhere.
Speaking of mental hospitals,when did you get released?
nutty donald

Calhoun, GA

#356 Jul 8, 2013
unhappy patient wrote:
i went to the er last night 1/24/13 for the flu,iwas treated and when i was leaving the hispanic guy at the check out desk told me that i had to pay 100 copay i told him i had no money at the moment,he said do you have 5 dollars i said no i can not even buy a coke,he said if you do not pay something in the next 3 days that my next visits to the er it will be mandentory for me to have the 100 or be turned away.
This is only true if you are a convicted child molester.Thanks for letting us know,kiddy diddler.
blueblood

West Palm Beach, FL

#357 Jul 8, 2013
heard that they are expanding the ER at Gordon, true?
sami

Calhoun, GA

#358 Jul 13, 2013
I've been to Gordon twice both times were very horrible. The first time I was contracting on the regular in extreme pain they put me on the monitor for an hour. Came back and said they weren't regular enough but I watched the monitor and it was going off regularly from my contractions. So they discharged me without a care. Second time I was suffering from severe pain from the front of my stomach all the way to my spine. Again they put me on the monitor and said oh the baby Is fine take tylenol even though it hadn't been working. Then lied on my paperwork saying my pain was tolerable. How is being in tears at eight and a half months tolerable? Plus I never even seen a doctor once, because they don't stay there which is bs if they are supposed to be on call. I told the nurse it was the worst hospital ever. She had the nerve to tell me I'm just use to big city hospitals. I'm sorry but I've been in smaller hospitals than Gordon and had way better care! And the worst part was as we we're leaving they we're about to give a preemie a bath, because they couldn't calm him down and it was THREE AM! U don't do that to a newborn much less a preemie. I refuse to deliver there at all next month, and my doctor won't deliver anywhere else so I'm going to another hospital regardless. Gordon does more harm than good I would never recommend someone to go there because they don't care at all. They only there for that paycheck.
For Real

Calhoun, GA

#359 Jul 14, 2013
I took my teenage son there last year he was doubled over in pain with his stomach. The first thing they done was 9 drug test on him (all were negative) then did MRI and other tests,till this day we don't know what caused his pain for 1 week. And had a 25,000 dollar bill. Ask them about the 9 drug tests on the bill they said they have to drug test everybody (BS) not everybody gets tested for drugs just the younger people. Not all young people do drugs. Would not take my dying family their head to Rome or Dalton.
for real idiot

Calhoun, GA

#360 Jul 16, 2013
For Real wrote:
I took my teenage son there last year he was doubled over in pain with his stomach. The first thing they done was 9 drug test on him (all were negative) then did MRI and other tests,till this day we don't know what caused his pain for 1 week. And had a 25,000 dollar bill. Ask them about the 9 drug tests on the bill they said they have to drug test everybody (BS) not everybody gets tested for drugs just the younger people. Not all young people do drugs. Would not take my dying family their head to Rome or Dalton.
So your son was "doubled over in pain" and you didn't even bother to see another doctor or go to another hospital?!! Either you are lying,or if telling the truth should have your kid taken from you for child abuse.Maybe they should have drug tested you.
sami the rocket scientist

Calhoun, GA

#361 Jul 16, 2013
sami wrote:
I've been to Gordon twice both times were very horrible. The first time I was contracting on the regular in extreme pain they put me on the monitor for an hour. Came back and said they weren't regular enough but I watched the monitor and it was going off regularly from my contractions. So they discharged me without a care. Second time I was suffering from severe pain from the front of my stomach all the way to my spine. Again they put me on the monitor and said oh the baby Is fine take tylenol even though it hadn't been working. Then lied on my paperwork saying my pain was tolerable. How is being in tears at eight and a half months tolerable? Plus I never even seen a doctor once, because they don't stay there which is bs if they are supposed to be on call. I told the nurse it was the worst hospital ever. She had the nerve to tell me I'm just use to big city hospitals. I'm sorry but I've been in smaller hospitals than Gordon and had way better care! And the worst part was as we we're leaving they we're about to give a preemie a bath, because they couldn't calm him down and it was THREE AM! U don't do that to a newborn much less a preemie. I refuse to deliver there at all next month, and my doctor won't deliver anywhere else so I'm going to another hospital regardless. Gordon does more harm than good I would never recommend someone to go there because they don't care at all. They only there for that paycheck.
So premies shouldn't be bathed? Wow,you're going to be great mother material.Not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brookhaven Opens Emergency Operations Center 5 hr Jake_s 3
Rebecca Jill Stanley Lester 11 hr Malibu 7
Larry Blacks son Joey armed and on the loose!!! Wed Gay boy 16
stacy bell (Sep '16) Wed Shatface 8
Attention Seeker Sep 19 you are a chomo 2
Review: Wasteco Inc (May '15) Sep 15 Eric 4
Halstead Sep 8 Selfie queen 3

Calhoun Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calhoun Mortgages