DO you think the school sucks? Tell us about your experiances
Mad Mad

Dallas, GA

#2 Sep 11, 2009
Yes
Topper

Acworth, GA

#3 Sep 29, 2009
I never had a problem with the school. Of course my kid did his work, made good grades, respected the teachers and the property and stayed out of trouble. Why would I complain? Is your kid a brat and always in trouble? The parents that have the kids that misbehave are always the ones that don't like the school, teacher, or principal.
Three years after leaving Swain, my kid is still a straight A student. I thank Swain for giving my child such a great start. If Swain was a bad school with a bad staff my kid would not be doing so good.
legend

Calhoun, GA

#4 Oct 3, 2009
I think swain is a great school. I dont think max ever attended school. But regardless all of the staff is excellant, and always seem professional but yet friendly
legend

Calhoun, GA

#5 Oct 3, 2009
Scott Haynes you are an idiot
Mad Max

Rome, GA

#6 Oct 15, 2009
WL Swain is run by animals....Ms. Daniels has got to go!
butAlvin

Rome, GA

#7 Nov 6, 2009
I have talked with Doctor Dolittle and she does not really care about the students their. She is more a of a do as I say and not as I do pricipal. They suck at Swain.
Teacher paid too much

Rockmart, GA

#8 Nov 10, 2009
You alway hear from the school that they want imput and partisipation from parents but when you talk to the dumb teachers about problems they make excuses and play dumb. We need to break the teacher unions and lower their pay....
Teachers pay

Rome, GA

#9 Nov 11, 2009
Never been to swain but it sounds like what you get from the school teachers.
Mad Max

Eatonton, GA

#10 Nov 11, 2009
they ned sombdy smart lik me too teach the kids.I lik kids to.An Das Mitchs depeties ar fat.lollollol
swain sucks

Dallas, GA

#11 Nov 16, 2009
get your kids out of this school. Swain is at the bottom of the barrel.
FYI

Calhoun, GA

#12 Dec 2, 2009
Teacher paid too much wrote:
You alway hear from the school that they want imput and partisipation from parents but when you talk to the dumb teachers about problems they make excuses and play dumb. We need to break the teacher unions and lower their pay....
NONE of the teachers in the state of Georgia belong to a teacher's union. There is no such thing here. So, there is no such thing as a union pension either.

As for where the money goes, how about ask yourself why each of our elementary schools and both middle schools have their own math coaches and their own literacy coaches -- each coach makes over $50,000 a year and NEVER has to teach a class. The position exists as a "support role" for teachers, created by the central office so it could tell the public that all is being done to help students. These people do not do lesson plans, do not grade papers, do not work with individual students. There job is to create a resource room/ center of materials. And yet TEachers are being FURLOUGHED without pay in order to balance the budget..... duh!!! If these position were cut from the top, we could save about $400,000.

Food for thought
GC Schools teacher

Calhoun, GA

#13 Dec 3, 2009
You said it FYI! Kudos to you!
weeee

Rome, GA

#14 Dec 3, 2009
Swain does suck and so does the teachers.
Penny Pincher

Dallas, GA

#15 Dec 4, 2009
Well, you have to check out the news and the test results of Swain to know it is a failing school. Parents are responsible for finding out about failing school and make choices for their kids.
Apples

AOL

#16 Dec 17, 2009
Swain is a very good school with some good teachers and some great students. However there is a small group of kids that have a hard time there and it is due to some trash parents that don't know much of anything and have very poor parenting skills. It is that handful of parents that have the problem with the school and the teachers and complain. No one listens to them because it is known they are the problem. I think that hand full of trash parents are posting on this thread.
That was pretty easy to figure out.=)
Oh my

Rome, GA

#17 Dec 28, 2009
Well, the swain school is know as a needs improvment school around the county. It is due to the pricipal and the teachers failing to be held accountable to standards. The principal should be the one to go first to make it better.
Teacher

Dallas, GA

#18 Dec 30, 2009
I hate working for the principal of the school at swain. Start with removing her before you blame the teachers.
haha

Norcross, GA

#19 Jun 6, 2010
swain is a very good school i went there and you guys that hate it probably know nothing about it just because you had a bad experiance dosen't mean that it sucks SWAIN IS AWESOME

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't move to Evans Georgia! 22 min Aliceinwonderland 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Mike torres 20,504
Bankers Life And Casualty Company / Augusta Geo... 4 hr Pamela A 7
Kellie??? 4 hr Aliceinwonderland 5
Girl with Downs Syndrome told she cant be a che... 6 hr Perv 23
need blood drawn drug screen done. 8 hr Just Say No 4
News FBI seeks help from public after bank is robbed... 10 hr Justin Justice 2

Calhoun Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calhoun Mortgages