Gordon County Sheriff's Office

Posted in the Calhoun Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Cartersville, GA

#1 Sep 10, 2012
I would be curious to know why I see some of the deputies and other sheriff office employees driving their patrol cars or department issued vehicles for persoanl use? Grocery shopping, church, taking their kids back and forth to daycare and school. They don't live in Gordon County, but their child goes to Calhoun City school. My understanding is, your child goes to school in the city or county that he/she lives in. And why did the sheriff's office buy a motorcycle? Are they trying to be like the city police? If the county would work with the city, instaed of letting their egoes get in the way they might be able to clean up Calhoun/Gordon County and get some of the drugs off the streets. No wonder my taxes keep going up every year.
B Man

Loganville, GA

#2 Sep 10, 2012
I see a deputy bringing their kids to school every morning and I'm glad! I like those guys and gals being visible , I have grand children at elementary school and I think it's a good thing to see cops in the community thanks sheriffs office!
TK JunkMan

Loganville, GA

#3 Sep 10, 2012
I have a deputy that comes into church with us while he is working, and another that gets the folks safely out of the parking lot. I'd like to thank those guys love worshiping with the both of you and thanks for what you do!
Leeroy

Rome, GA

#4 Sep 11, 2012
Why don't you ask the Sheriff.
Tell us who you work for and we will talk to your boss about your job performance.
sept93 wrote:
I would be curious to know why I see some of the deputies and other sheriff office employees driving their patrol cars or department issued vehicles for persoanl use? Grocery shopping, church, taking their kids back and forth to daycare and school. They don't live in Gordon County, but their child goes to Calhoun City school. My understanding is, your child goes to school in the city or county that he/she lives in. And why did the sheriff's office buy a motorcycle? Are they trying to be like the city police? If the county would work with the city, instaed of letting their egoes get in the way they might be able to clean up Calhoun/Gordon County and get some of the drugs off the streets. No wonder my taxes keep going up every year.
LeeRoy

Loganville, GA

#5 Sep 11, 2012
Good lord I hope the Sheriffs office doesn't try to be like the city! As a city resident we can't handle any more like the city officers who need serious training in professionalism, state law, fit for duty, driver education, hygiene etc.. Whoever the head honchos are at the sheriffs office PLEASE separate your selves from city police!
hello

Austin, TX

#8 Sep 11, 2012
Who pays for the gas for personal use?
Just curious

United States

#10 Sep 11, 2012
Is it me or is someone always looking for something to complain about? If u r so concerned an would do such a better job, then why haven't u ran for sheriff or posted for the chief of police... I know alot of these officer an by far they aren't perfect yet to find one in any county that is, but u would take ur child to school if it was on ur way, or maybe if u were a single parent on ur way home an had to stop at the grocery store on ur way home, a police presense is needed at our schools unfortunately, I think we have sone great officers some I could do without as far as their personalities, but for there are some who take their job seriously, an r professional
hello

Austin, TX

#11 Sep 11, 2012
Just curious wrote:
Is it me or is someone always looking for something to complain about? If u r so concerned an would do such a better job, then why haven't u ran for sheriff or posted for the chief of police... I know alot of these officer an by far they aren't perfect yet to find one in any county that is, but u would take ur child to school if it was on ur way, or maybe if u were a single parent on ur way home an had to stop at the grocery store on ur way home, a police presense is needed at our schools unfortunately, I think we have sone great officers some I could do without as far as their personalities, but for there are some who take their job seriously, an r professional
that's why I don't live in Georgia!
hello

Austin, TX

#12 Sep 11, 2012
Just curious wrote:
If some one had a wreck in a police car, state trooper car, fire truck, ngemc truck, who would be responsible for the bill look it up do some research. I know a person who drove his child to school in a county car got hit hit his child lost his job because no one but employees to be in car so no job bono insurance
Leeroy

Rome, GA

#14 Sep 12, 2012
give us some proof. name,county and state so we can do some "research"
it all would be public record so.... do tell us
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a person who drove his child to school in a county car got hit hit his child lost his job because no one but employees to be in car so no job bono insurance
Officer

Loganville, GA

#16 Sep 12, 2012
The research is wrong. Whomever is in vehicle is covered. We do ride alongs transport prisoners one of the reasons for take home cars are to be visible, schools or wherever, we serve the public weather were off or not we want as many marked cars out there that is possible ecspecially during school hours. If you do research, look at columbine school shooting, look at the high school in arkansas that was carried out. We serve and protect and you can gripe at us and about us if you want we WILL protect the children
not from here

Rome, GA

#18 Sep 16, 2012
I moved here from out of state and have noticed the same issues. Nowhere I have lived before have I seen such personal use of police cruisers or government issued vehicles. I sat in traffic last Sunday while an off duty officer stopped traffic while he emptied the church parking lot. I don't have all the answers but I think this should be addressed. My husband drives a job issued vehicle but we never use it for personal use.

Loganville, GA

#20 Sep 16, 2012
not from here wrote:
I moved here from out of state and have noticed the same issues. Nowhere I have lived before have I seen such personal use of police cruisers or government issued vehicles. I sat in traffic last Sunday while an off duty officer stopped traffic while he emptied the church parking lot. I don't have all the answers but I think this should be addressed. My husband drives a job issued vehicle but we never use it for personal use.
He does it for free, so no other officers have to be pulled from patrol zones, wow, it's called serving the community.
Cisco Kid

Calhoun, GA

#21 Sep 22, 2012
not from here wrote:
Just get over it, carry on,move on, quit griping ,get on with Life!!!!
robert grace

Rome, GA

#22 Jan 4, 2013
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
If some one had a wreck in a police car, state trooper car, fire truck, ngemc truck, who would be responsible for the bill look it up do some research. I know a person who drove his child to school in a county car got hit hit his child lost his job because no one but employees to be in car so no job bono insurance
I think u need to grow up being that your tax dollar supports law enforcement you need to research if an officer gets into any accident another officer responds if the accident is the result of the officers neglegance or bad judgement the responding officer is bound by law to report that and the officer pays for the vehicle out of his pay and buy the way they do not have the right to legal representation until terminated what does this mean???? If the officers abuse the privilage of drving our patrol cars they get reassinged that's why there are file clerks and paid officers who keep the sheriffs thunderbox realclean all this happens withpay cuts so lighten up on them personally I think they are entitled to fart smoke and drive these vehicles where they want to without your having smelled the seats and sat back and complained about it.
Deputy Gawg

Arcadia, FL

#23 Jan 4, 2013
You sound too guilty dude, what are you hiding? Do you not have enough sense to think they may be retired? If the State Gov. has to park their cars then local gov. should also. I bet you don't even pay taxes, you are on welfare and get our money once a month aren't you? Now go and change your diaper boy.
Leeroy wrote:
Why don't you ask the Sheriff.
Tell us who you work for and we will talk to your boss about your job performance.
<quoted text>
Bob

Loganville, GA

#24 Jan 4, 2013
I say we fire them until we need them, complain about driving too fast unless its to our homes then complain cause it took too long!

Since: Jan 13

Rome, GA

#25 Jan 5, 2013
Bob wrote:
I say we fire them until we need them, complain about driving too fast unless its to our homes then complain cause it took too long!
well Bob how about shutting down the 911 tower so we can save money after we fire all the cops here a better idea when we fire them till we need them why don't u send a messanger piegion to them when our schools and our homes are terrorized that way u can take all the BS in piegion crap on your tax paid property cause we took your advice
Bob

Loganville, GA

#26 Jan 5, 2013
Oh I agree shut them all down...but wait? What will our life consist of then? No topix no whining no griping? Nah lets keep'em

Since: Jan 13

Rome, GA

#27 Jan 5, 2013
All right that's it as self proclaimed...mayor...ha what a joke I have ordered nitro pintos and bungee cords for all law enforcement and the speed limit is 25 MPH so don't overdue it guys...what's that how do u transport prisoners well come on guys that's what the bungee cords are for is that too slow and painful and cruel well were just appeasing Bob here I had nothing to do with this.lmao Bob lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 3 hr 50pct-Polski 422
Constitutional Amendment to ban Gay Marriage 4 hr qwerty 47
atr 6 hr bernard perry 3
Students Without Behavior Problems Have A Right... 6 hr coloring 4
kris m. gangrene from staph? 17 hr mcbee 2
lawn care services Fri Tom 4
Debate: Marijuana - Calhoun, GA (Sep '10) Fri Tom 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calhoun Mortgages