Man Says DHS Took Kids Without Reason

Man Says DHS Took Kids Without Reason

There are 189 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Nov 12, 2008, titled Man Says DHS Took Kids Without Reason. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

It's the kind of accusation that can stop a parent's heart. An accidental bump or bruise suspected as abuse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 12, 2008
They should sue. But I am wondering what the kids said to the authorities.
Ridiculous

Owasso, OK

#2 Nov 12, 2008
I hope this family sues DHS, kids get hurt all the time by acciduent whether at home or with friends. When and where did DHS get the authority to pull kids out like this, its ridiculous! if they did that to me i assure you i would haul their butts off to court.
Catoosa Parent

Tulsa, OK

#3 Nov 12, 2008
I know a couple from our church that this almost happened. She took both her children out of Broken Arrow Schools because the principal called DHS on a bruise on her daughter's arm that was caused by a ride at the fair. DHS tried to say their dad abused them. Which is SO far from the truth. I hope they can sue DHS. Good Luck and God Bless!
Upstream

Tulsa, OK

#4 Nov 12, 2008
DHS should be held responsible for their actions. How many times are things like this going to happen? Even worse are the number of times that a child really does need their help and doesn't get it. DHS has failed miserably and should be revamped from the TOP! If they were a private company with this kind of performance, they would be out of business! And they don't seem to answer to ANYONE??!!
Kev

Tulsa, OK

#5 Nov 12, 2008
DHS sucks! I'll shoot if they tried that to my family.
patlea

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2008
The DHS has a lot of power and it would seem they go too far. I guess they feel it is better to err on the side of safety, but even 1 day of not knowing where your child is ..not like we could feel comfortable at any time.
W Moore

Jenks, OK

#7 Nov 12, 2008
There are several questions here, was a warrant issued to pick up the kids? Was there a hearing?, state law says there has to be a hearing within 2 or 3 days of the removal of children. Anybody wanting more info about what's going on at DHS, the class action lawsuit, legislative hearings,investigations, many deaths of children in custody, DHS workers and foster parents charged with sexual crimes against children, etc. can look into two different Topix forums named "Former DHS workers speak out"
There is also the Hall case and other info at the Rogers County Grand Jury website, and a Yahoo group called OKFAMRA. There's much going on behind the scenes that all should be aware of.
Bobby N

Tulsa, OK

#8 Nov 12, 2008
I too think a law suite if called for here. With the cases of real substantiated abuse in foster care, those parents must have gone thru hell not knowing what situation their children had been put in. And then what about the little ones that end up suffering terrible abuse and die from that abuse that goes on for sometimes years and no DHS worker does anything about that. What will it take before responsible authorities step in and completly start over on DHS. A secretary goes thru more scrutiny
before getting hired than child care workers or DHS employees. Someone asked about what the children may have said. I have read a number of cases reported just on Channel 6 where DHS did not seem to care what the children said.
Clueless

Sand Springs, OK

#11 Nov 12, 2008
That organization is so backwards. They don't react when child is clearly being beaten, then ends up as front page news as another child beat to death. They attack a day care owner that operated during the ice storm black out, heating the place safely mind you, but still got investigated and nearly shut down because parents still needed to work, and there was no school to send the children, or anwhere else. Then, they put a stain on a family that has no issues whatsoever, and because one busy body that couldn't keep their nose out of the business of others makes a phone call and you this situation. Schools have too much power as well. When one person gets bored, they search for something to do. They see a bruise, bump, scrape, or otherwise on a child that clearly shows no signs of abuse and they call DHS, drama drama drama.

Here's a thought...butt out people. When you have actual proof a child is in danger, call. Don't do it because you "suspect" the child is in danger. Ruining lives because yours is so blase doesn't give you right to screw with others.
W Moore

Jenks, OK

#12 Nov 12, 2008
Clueless wrote:
That organization is so backwards. They don't react when child is clearly being beaten, then ends up as front page news as another child beat to death. They attack a day care owner that operated during the ice storm black out, heating the place safely mind you, but still got investigated and nearly shut down because parents still needed to work, and there was no school to send the children, or anwhere else. Then, they put a stain on a family that has no issues whatsoever, and because one busy body that couldn't keep their nose out of the business of others makes a phone call and you this situation. Schools have too much power as well. When one person gets bored, they search for something to do. They see a bruise, bump, scrape, or otherwise on a child that clearly shows no signs of abuse and they call DHS, drama drama drama.
Here's a thought...**** out people. When you have actual proof a child is in danger, call. Don't do it because you "suspect" the child is in danger. Ruining lives because yours is so blase doesn't give you right to screw with others.
I would have to agree with you. Did you see the story about the puppy killing the baby in Tulsa recently? DHS and the Office of Juvenile Affairs were both involved but failed to protect that child too. And the DA twice dismissed/declined to charge the mother when she was arrested for drugs close to a school.
Slapdrum

Tulsa, OK

#13 Nov 12, 2008
Yet there are the kids who are being placed back into a home somewhere just waiting on a news story about how they were later beaten to death because DHS didn't do their job. Priorities....priorities...
Solo man

Atlanta, GA

#14 Nov 12, 2008
Typical pick on a white well to do family who will not have the backing of NAACP Shurptoon Jecksun etc.

Yes there are familes in all communties who need their children removed but this case is just plain stupid.
Jimbo

Tulsa, OK

#15 Nov 12, 2008
What mentally did it do the children to have been snatched from their home by strangers and move to a strange place. The govenrment agencys have never worked well and their impowerment is going to their head.

“RIP Eric Medlen FC#4 1973-2007”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Nov 12, 2008
So does everyone with a clutzy kid now have to fear DHS snatching them away? I was such a clutz as a kid that mom said if DHS had been around and watching back then they would surely have accused mom & dad of beating me and taken me away. I tripped over my own feet, fought with my brother, etc. I always had bruises. It's time for DHS to use a little common sense.

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Houston, TX

#17 Nov 12, 2008
Clueless wrote:
Here's a thought...**** out people. When you have actual proof a child is in danger, call. Don't do it because you "suspect" the child is in danger. Ruining lives because yours is so blase doesn't give you right to screw with others.
Agreed!! And another problem is people making false allegations because they are mad at someone. I have witnessed that a lot.

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Houston, TX

#18 Nov 12, 2008
JFR Fan wrote:
So does everyone with a clutzy kid now have to fear DHS snatching them away? I was such a clutz as a kid that mom said if DHS had been around and watching back then they would surely have accused mom & dad of beating me and taken me away. I tripped over my own feet, fought with my brother, etc. I always had bruises. It's time for DHS to use a little common sense.
Agreed. DHS is supposed to have some hard core evidence before they request removal of the children. I wonder how they got it in this case.
Jimbo

Tulsa, OK

#19 Nov 12, 2008
I think the only way for DHS to work well for the children is if they drive them to Nebraska and drop them off.
Leonard Henderson

Depoe Bay, OR

#20 Nov 12, 2008
CPS is a Frankenstein's Monster of fraud and corruption. Everything they do is unconstitutional, for parents and ESPECIALLY what they do to kids.

The truth is, children are 11 times more likely to be abused in state care than they are in their own homes, and 7 times more likely to die as a result of abuse in the foster care system.

CPS workers are domestic terrorists, and there's no "smiley face" to put on it. They destroy every life they touch.

The mass perception (and PR image) is that CPS workers are good, moral, caring, charitable people doing a great service to children by going after scum-of-the-earth idiot parents. The truth is, most CPS workers are scum-of-the-earth idiots terrorizing good, moral, caring, self-sacrificing parents who are trying to do their God-given job to raise competent, responsible kids in a schizophrenic and evil society.

http://familyrights.us
W Moore

Jenks, OK

#23 Nov 12, 2008
Regarding pay and funding
"In an effort to reduce turnover within the Child Welfare program, monetary incentives have been implemented. In October 2004 and 2005 all OKDHS employees were given $1,000 stipends from federal bonus awards the agency received for high performance in several of its programs. Pay increases were provided to Child Welfare specialists and supervisors in November 2005 and December 2006. A performance based pay incentive was implemented per State legislation in 2006. Eligibility for the performance based pay is dependent the county’s annual State CFSR results, time employed in the county office, annual employee evaluation, and completion of training hours."
~ 2007 Child and Family Service Review.
This shoots down all the "low pay" poor DHS worker,(bonuses two years in a row and raises two years in a row) as well as the "legislature doesn't give DHS enough money" argument now doesn't it? This is their data so if they dispute it they're calling themselves liars. And if it is true it proves them to be liars and frauds every time they say higher pay and more of funding are the answers to fixing the problems, they got those things and children are still being abused and dying at a horrible rate.
Money is not the answer. If you received raises and bonuses but then failed at your job,(DHS) resulting in a loss,(abused and dead children) then told your employer,(the public) it wasn't your fault and that you're not responsible,(no accountability). But then said give me a raise,(more funding,) and then I'll do better, how would that go over?

W.Moore
W Moore

Jenks, OK

#24 Nov 12, 2008
Leonard Henderson wrote:
CPS is a Frankenstein's Monster of fraud and corruption. Everything they do is unconstitutional, for parents and ESPECIALLY what they do to kids.
The truth is, children are 11 times more likely to be abused in state care than they are in their own homes, and 7 times more likely to die as a result of abuse in the foster care system.
CPS workers are domestic terrorists, and there's no "smiley face" to put on it. They destroy every life they touch.
The mass perception (and PR image) is that CPS workers are good, moral, caring, charitable people doing a great service to children by going after scum-of-the-earth idiot parents. The truth is, most CPS workers are scum-of-the-earth idiots terrorizing good, moral, caring, self-sacrificing parents who are trying to do their God-given job to raise competent, responsible kids in a schizophrenic and evil society.
http://familyrights.us
Thank you Mr. Henderson for your input. Everyone with children, grandchildren, or family with children and all taxpayers footing the bill for this madness,(it's nation wide)should visit Mr. Henderson's site. Many children have died in Ok. due to DHS's failures, many more families have been destroyed. It appears there may be widespread fraud and corruption. Something must be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Newman Jun 23 Radar 2
Robert Reid (May '15) Jun 22 Scorpian 10
Becky Mcintire Jun 21 Rosie 9
Womans walking/fitness group Jun 21 Amanda 1
News Obama greeted by protesters waving Confederate ... (Jul '15) Jun 18 AFL CIO 5
Billy Hunnicutt Jun 9 Freshly 1
Union Book May '16 phone7441 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Calera Mortgages