OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,568 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#35098 Jan 10, 2013
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep dreaming. I'm an American, try to remember what that means and then maybe you'll know one when you see one.
True Americans believe in and support the Constitution and Bill of Rights, you don't.

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#35099 Jan 10, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>I've been to alot of gun shows, no one has ever been shot or hurt in any way. I trust armed citizens.
I've been to a few gun shows myself, I have and still do own guns. I can shoot them, clean them, and understand how they work and how to be safe with them. But a gun show isn't what we are talking about here and it has nothing to do with armed citizens patrolling schools. I haven't said anything about gun shows.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#35100 Jan 10, 2013
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to a few gun shows myself, I have and still do own guns. I can shoot them, clean them, and understand how they work and how to be safe with them. But a gun show isn't what we are talking about here and it has nothing to do with armed citizens patrolling schools. I haven't said anything about gun shows.
Where do you think most armed citizens are at eny given time, a gun show.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#35101 Jan 10, 2013
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
I have little trust in a group of armed civilians, I would feel better if certain people within the school (teachers, principle, janitor, etc.) could be specifically trained to handle a gun and handle certain situations and then arms kept inside the school in a safe location.
==========
Sheriff Apaio's plan calls for his civilian posse to undergo same training as his deputies. They will patrol outside the school but will go in if things get out of control inside.

Groningen, Netherlands

#35102 Jan 10, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>True Americans believe in and support the Constitution and Bill of Rights, you don't.
Your statement is untrue, unfounded and just plain silly. You don't know me. And your opinion of me is of little validity. As far as the constitutional rights to bear arms, I'm completely for it. Have never said that I was against it. Your inability to understand the difference.. well that doesn't surprise me.

Groningen, Netherlands

#35103 Jan 10, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you think most armed citizens are at eny given time, a gun show.
And your point is???
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#35104 Jan 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
When the stores run out of food, your little gun won't protect you. And if you had anything going for you in the smart's department you would know that.
Your grandkids are more in danger than you and it's the refusal to take global warming seriously....already we're have drought problems and severe weather in the US is our main danger.
But keep on pedaling those conspiracy theories.
If you didn't have the government subsidizing your food now you probably would have a hard time eating today. If food prices weren't kept under some kind of control now by the government many Okies would be going hungry now.
That's why none of you recognize the irony of your words.
You need the government to be totally armed and dangerous to protect you while at the same time fomenting that it is so powerful that you need your little peashooter and ammo to protect yourself from it.
I'm quite sure if you guys ever befall all the doomsday scenarios that you post about, you would croak to find yourself going up against a government out of control. Really...
All this ammo and guns ever do is kill Americans. Americans killing Americans. That's what is so sick and twisted. Fightout at the OK corral stuff. Your more dangerous to yourselves than any old terrorist. More people die of gun deaths yearly, a real 9/11 scenario happening every year by Americans gunning down Americans. More Americans in prison than any other country in the world. Like the old comic strip Pogo said 'We've seen the enemy and he is us!"
It's like a dog chasing his tail.
Its not a little gun, we live in the country with gardens, wild game and fish.

I bet you think Al Gore invented the internet.
We just got several inches of rain with more on the way. Its climate change now,not global warming. HOAX.

If our gov. is so anti gun then why have they bought 1.6 billion rds. of ammo for domistic agencys? Heres why, when the dollar crashes , and it will, they will use this ammo own citizens.

We'll see who has the smarts.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#35105 Jan 10, 2013
I am about ready to boycott the Oscars after our government "GIVES" them millions of dollars when deciding the budget thing. Like Hollywood and the people associated with Hollywood is broke!
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#35106 Jan 10, 2013
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is???
You said you don't trust armed citizes. I do. Is that to hard to understand?

Since: Jul 12

Oklahoma City, OK

#35107 Jan 10, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>You said you don't trust armed citizes. I do. Is that to hard to understand?
You assume the good nature in people, which is what happens right before a mass killing. There is a point at which you decide strictly to support or oppose gun laws, and neither is correct.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#35108 Jan 10, 2013
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume the good nature in people, which is what happens right before a mass killing. There is a point at which you decide strictly to support or oppose gun laws, and neither is correct.
Nearly every shooter was on some kind of depression medication , why don't they go after the drug manufactors.?

B ecause theres too much money invovled.

Oklahoma City, OK

#35109 Jan 10, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>Nearly every shooter was on some kind of depression medication,* so* why don't they go after the drug manufacturers*.?
Because* there's* too much money involved*.
They don't go after anti-depressants manufacturers because anti-depressants aren't the cause. Even mass influxes of serotonin don't send people into a maniacal rage before it kills them. Ask my wife, who's a medicated bi-polar. She hasn't shot up a school yet, dead-serious.

In fact, this is a red herring. By your logic, we should sue bumper sticker companies for creating aggressive drivers.

No, the problem is that the United States operates in a prime environment for abuse of the free market. The answer is neither to limit the market, nor is it to limit the people. Instead, the best solution to our gun dilemma is to provide stimuli that create a better market for bolt-action rifles, shotguns and low-capacity pistols. Doing this would create license astringency on guns such as UZIs, AN-94s, AK-47s and other easily-modified potential automatics. You incentivize the gun industry to make wide-scale improvements to low-probability firearms. After all, who the fuckshit will hold up a gas station with a bolt-action rifle?
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#35110 Jan 10, 2013
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't go after anti-depressants manufacturers because anti-depressants aren't the cause. Even mass influxes of serotonin don't send people into a maniacal rage before it kills them. Ask my wife, who's a medicated bi-polar. She hasn't shot up a school yet, dead-serious.
In fact, this is a red herring. By your logic, we should sue bumper sticker companies for creating aggressive drivers.
No, the problem is that the United States operates in a prime environment for abuse of the free market. The answer is neither to limit the market, nor is it to limit the people. Instead, the best solution to our gun dilemma is to provide stimuli that create a better market for bolt-action rifles, shotguns and low-capacity pistols. Doing this would create license astringency on guns such as UZIs, AN-94s, AK-47s and other easily-modified potential automatics. You incentivize the gun industry to make wide-scale improvements to low-probability firearms. After all, who the fuckshit will hold up a gas station with a bolt-action rifle?
I don't agree at all. A sawed off shotgun could kill many more than a semi-auto in a crawed room.
The 2nd amendment was for self-defence aganist a currupt gov. like we have today. Law bideing citizens should have the same weapons as the military.

Oklahoma City, OK

#35111 Jan 10, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree at all. A sawed off shotgun could kill many more than a semi-auto in a crawed room.
The 2nd amendment was for self-defence aganist a currupt gov. like we have today. Law bideing citizens should have the same weapons as the military.
Really? You think a sawn-off (a Westinghouse, wooden stock shotgun with a 2-cartridge capacity) can cause more damage than a high-capacity, fully-automatic AN-94 with .38s? What planet are you from?

Even if you upgraded your sawn-off to a banana clip (which you'd have custom-made for a few thou), you still wouldn't be able to out-perform a double-cyclone canister clip that's available either custom-made or available in the standard market for a number of upgradeable guns.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/07/robe...

Yep, the guy in that link turned an AR-15 into a goddamn LMG. Your sawn-off ain't shit, bucko.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#35112 Jan 10, 2013
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You think a sawn-off (a Westinghouse, wooden stock shotgun with a 2-cartridge capacity) can cause more damage than a high-capacity, fully-automatic AN-94 with .38s? What planet are you from?
Even if you upgraded your sawn-off to a banana clip (which you'd have custom-made for a few thou), you still wouldn't be able to out-perform a double-cyclone canister clip that's available either custom-made or available in the standard market for a number of upgradeable guns.
Yep, the guy in that link turned an AR-15 into a goddamn LMG. Your sawn-off ain't shit, bucko.
You don't know crap about guns. A sawed off pump shotgun with buckshot let lose on a room full of people would do alot more damage than a rifle. Why do you think its illegal to saw the barrel off,bucko.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#35113 Jan 10, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>Its not a little gun, we live in the country with gardens, wild game and fish.
I bet you think Al Gore invented the internet.
We just got several inches of rain with more on the way. Its climate change now,not global warming. HOAX.
If our gov. is so anti gun then why have they bought 1.6 billion rds. of ammo for domistic agencys? Heres why, when the dollar crashes , and it will, they will use this ammo own citizens.
We'll see who has the smarts.
See that's what happens when people spout off about the subject, they ALWAYS use the climate in the US.

Global means the entire planet. Not your own little world. And that Al Gore thing is as old.....Yes your word against all these highly educated global scientist against who! Even the high dollar Koch boys hired a scientist to debunk it, and the high dollar scientist couldn't.

When you make statements like that your just proving to people what a living human is that defines the word 'asshat.'
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#35114 Jan 10, 2013
What's your next big idea guys?

School shooting happens that was being guarded by an armed guard. An off duty sheriff at that. Next.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#35115 Jan 10, 2013
And don't you gun nuts use the Constitution again.

What part of WELL-REGULATED don't you understand? And your a militia to boot.

See that's what it says a Well regulated militia.

Maybe you don't know what well regulated means.

Lists for you to look up in the dictionary:

Global

Regulated with well added for emphasis.

Okies wanted English to be the language of the US. To bad many of them don't know what the English words mean.

Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#35116 Jan 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
See that's what happens when people spout off about the subject, they ALWAYS use the climate in the US.
Global means the entire planet. Not your own little world. And that Al Gore thing is as old.....Yes your word against all these highly educated global scientist against who! Even the high dollar Koch boys hired a scientist to debunk it, and the high dollar scientist couldn't.
When you make statements like that your just proving to people what a living human is that defines the word 'asshat.'
Follow the money, a global carbin tax ain't gonna stop a global warming,if there was one.
China and Russia are having the coldest winter in 28 yrs.
Stop being a heard member , learn to think outside the box.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#35117 Jan 10, 2013
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
Round for round.
One round of 3inch magnum 00 buckshot vs one round 223. Do the math.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baptists offering training for proper cleanup a... May 29 ShirleyWill12 1
Robert Reid May 27 MrBraunstone 8
Debate: Gay Marriage - Durant, OK (Jul '10) May 23 S. Watson 12
New in town May 17 hopeless 1
Crooked Attorneys & prosecutors, & judges (Jun '10) May 9 Mark 18
News Not quite perfect (Feb '07) Apr '15 sherea McDonald 33
Mr. Randy Cantrell Mar '15 truth 1
More from around the web

Calera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE