|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Tamara,
My source is my common sense. The whole entire purpose of any health care system is to make health care insurance affordable and legally the responsibility of the individual. I live in the Dutch health care system, which is what Obama said he used to model his health care plan. Companies here do not pay and have no reason to pay or subsidize health insurance for their workers, because every individual here has to pay their own insurance.(people taking responsibility for themselves) Lower income families here get their health insurance subsidized by the government. Companies pay NOTHING.
Do YOU have information on Obama's healthcare plan that states otherwise?? Then I would be interested in seeing that because it makes no sense to me that companies would have to DOUBLE insure their workers.
Obama's health care plan will include the employers with a certain total of employees working for the to provide health insurance for their employees. If the employer does not then they will be fined so much each year they do not just like any individual that does not carry health insurance.. The way it stands now the government will not be the total health insurance carrier. You will be able to get health insurance thru private health insurance companies. About all the Obamacare really did as it stands now is make it illegal not to have health insurance. If you are in a certain income bracket you will get help pay for it or be put on the medicaid program. One good thing is no one can be turn down for health ins. because of pre-existing conditions. So from what you are saying I donot think our Obamacare will be like what you are talking about. You might get update info on this if you go to Obama Health care.gov .
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Olkie Abroad your post of 34412 and the person You posted to did not have my name in their post! As far as I am concern we have the freedom to vote for whom ever we want! If I want to vote Democrat then I do and I have and if I want to vote Republican then I do and I have!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Tamara,
My source is my common sense. The whole entire purpose of any health care system is to make health care insurance affordable and legally the responsibility of the individual. I live in the Dutch health care system, which is what Obama said he used to model his health care plan. Companies here do not pay and have no reason to pay or subsidize health insurance for their workers, because every individual here has to pay their own insurance.(people taking responsibility for themselves) Lower income families here get their health insurance subsidized by the government. Companies pay NOTHING.
Do YOU have information on Obama's healthcare plan that states otherwise?? Then I would be interested in seeing that because it makes no sense to me that companies would have to DOUBLE insure their workers.
How would a company be doubling insuring their employees? The employee would get their health insurance thru who they work for or opt and go out on their own and get their own health insurance. Its an either or thing.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's health care plan will include the employers with a certain total of employees working for the to provide health insurance for their employees. If the employer does not then they will be fined so much each year they do not just like any individual that does not carry health insurance.. The way it stands now the government will not be the total health insurance carrier. You will be able to get health insurance thru private health insurance companies. About all the Obamacare really did as it stands now is make it illegal not to have health insurance. If you are in a certain income bracket you will get help pay for it or be put on the medicaid program. One good thing is no one can be turn down for health ins. because of pre-existing conditions. So from what you are saying I donot think our Obamacare will be like what you are talking about. You might get update info on this if you go to Obama Health care.gov .
==========
The penalty to employers who does not insure employees is so low many will opt for the fine and employees will get their own insurance through Obama plan, thus the companies will save billions due to Obamacare.

If you were a business wouldn't you rather pay a $750 fine rather than pay $7500 to insure an employee? Same for an individual. If I had excellent health I'd much prefer paying the penalty instead of getting insurance, and when I needed coverage the plan allows me to sign up.

So mostly who is going to be insured are those in poor health, and if anything rates will go up for them as more and more healthy people choose to pay the penalty instead of getting insured, which will not generate enough to offset cost of providing coverage to the unhealthy.

So the penalty will have to at least quadruple.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Healthy person,$65 a month penalty or $300-$500 a month for coverage. Which do you choose when you know you can sign up for coverage when you get sick, since it would be a pre-existing condition and you can't be turned down because of it.

It's like buying insurance after the house burns down that covers the house after it burns down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Instead of blaming Obama why don't we try to find ways to make affordable care more equitable and just for all?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
Instead of blaming Obama why don't we try to find ways to make affordable care more equitable and just for all?
Because the hicks don't care about affordable health care. They care about black people "getting over on them" and they care about opposing the word Democrat. That's their politics in a nutshell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's health care plan will include the employers with a certain total of employees working for the to provide health insurance for their employees. If the employer does not then they will be fined so much each year they do not just like any individual that does not carry health insurance.. The way it stands now the government will not be the total health insurance carrier. You will be able to get health insurance thru private health insurance companies. About all the Obamacare really did as it stands now is make it illegal not to have health insurance. If you are in a certain income bracket you will get help pay for it or be put on the medicaid program. One good thing is no one can be turn down for health ins. because of pre-existing conditions. So from what you are saying I donot think our Obamacare will be like what you are talking about. You might get update info on this if you go to Obama Health care.gov .
What is hilarious about this post is that Tamara is a 70 year okie hick who knows very little about much of anything. And here she posts as though she were a Rhodes Scholar doing a dissertation. Can you say cut and paste? After all her husband IS an insurance agent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Tamara,
She doesn't want to hear that. 1.) She's old and this is a very common trait among the old. OPPOSE CHANGE! ANY CHANGE!. 2.) She's a low information hick. 3.) She's in Oklahoma which thinks opposing everything put forth by a Democrat is sufficient grounds for doing so simply because of the word Democrat. 4.) She's lived her entire adult life off the parasitic insurance industry.

You're beating a dead horse.
Dana

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
The penalty to employers who does not insure employees is so low many will opt for the fine and employees will get their own insurance through Obama plan, thus the companies will save billions due to Obamacare.
If you were a business wouldn't you rather pay a $750 fine rather than pay $7500 to insure an employee? Same for an individual. If I had excellent health I'd much prefer paying the penalty instead of getting insurance, and when I needed coverage the plan allows me to sign up.
So mostly who is going to be insured are those in poor health, and if anything rates will go up for them as more and more healthy people choose to pay the penalty instead of getting insured, which will not generate enough to offset cost of providing coverage to the unhealthy.
The fine is more like $2000.00 per employee. Funny how you just make stuff up all the time!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
The fine is more like $2000.00 per employee. Funny how you just make stuff up all the time!
You bubba. Subtract 2,000.00 from 7,5000 and the difference would be what? About a 5,500.00 net gain for the employer to refuse health care to an employee. Right? BTW nice pig you have there. Family or just dating?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Funny how you never know what are credible facts.

The penalty proposed for not having healthcare is $695 per person but not more than $2,085.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Even at high end of penalty a business owner could save $5000 a year by paying penalty instead of insuring an employee. A $2000 cost of doing business is much more attractive than a $7500 cost of doing business.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You bubba. Subtract 2,000.00 from 7,5000 and the difference would be what? About a 5,500.00 net gain for the employer to refuse health care to an employee. Right? BTW nice pig you have there. Family or just dating?
==========
Everytime they stick their foot in their mouth they change their names and it is often.

Seems it would be a lot easier for them to just wise up, but no such luck. Same old hicks, different name.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Everytime they stick their foot in their mouth they change their names and it is often.
Seems it would be a lot easier for them to just wise up, but no such luck. Same old hicks, different name.
These people are so stupid that if Hitler was running in Oklahoma for President as a Republican and Jesus Christ was running as a Democrat they would go 77 counties for Hitler. These are some dregs of society hicks.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
I was not arguing whether Obamacare was a good or bad thing for empolyee or employer. I stated the fact that in some cases if employers do the right thing they will provide health ins.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't want to hear that. 1.) She's old and this is a very common trait among the old. OPPOSE CHANGE! ANY CHANGE!. 2.) She's a low information hick. 3.) She's in Oklahoma which thinks opposing everything put forth by a Democrat is sufficient grounds for doing so simply because of the word Democrat. 4.) She's lived her entire adult life off the parasitic insurance industry.
Hey STUPID stating facts are not arguing or disagreeing!. So OLD MAN and I mean being 5 years younger than me does not make you a spring chicken. It just goes to show you want to argue with me over ever little thing I post. YOU are BORING!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
What is hilarious about this post is that Tamara is a 70 year okie hick who knows very little about much of anything. And here she posts as though she were a Rhodes Scholar doing a dissertation. Can you say cut and paste? After all her husband IS an insurance agent.
Will Dusty Boy cut and paste a prove what I said was wrong.

Now so everyone knows and Dusty does not have to keep repeating this over and over. I was born in Oklahoma left Oklahoma before I was a year old. Move back to Okla. 1960. Married and had 3 boys. And yes my husband was an insurance agent that sold property and auto insurance. He did not sell health insurance! We went out on the open market and bought our health insurance just like people that buy their own. Which if you work for a company like most do you get it thru your job and most never pay the full amount of the premium. Now Dusty Boy grow up!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Obamacare getting the Health insurance for people they will be helping? What is government funded by taxpayers is the premiums that the government will be paying to help these people out!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I was not arguing whether Obamacare was a good or bad thing for empolyee or employer. I stated the fact that in some cases if employers do the right thing they will provide health ins.
==========
No, Okieabroad indicated Obamacare would be a good thing and you said to her, "So from what you are saying I donot think our Obamacare will be like what you are talking", but as it is now you would be wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Calera Discussions

Search the Calera Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: The Shopper Mon official cavalier store 2
need a job Mon official cavalier store 2
Ex-McAlester city manager charged with t... (Sep '13) Mon official cavalier store 4
Amber Bowen-Kelsey (Jul '13) Mon official cavalier store 3
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Mon el Jesus 2,591
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Mon Jesus 11,284
Not quite perfect (Feb '07) Sun dutfan 32
•••
•••
•••
•••

Calera Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Calera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE