The Turkeys That Terrorized Erie Stre...

The Turkeys That Terrorized Erie Street In Caledonia Are No More

There are 1 comment on the Patch.com story from Dec 5, 2011, titled The Turkeys That Terrorized Erie Street In Caledonia Are No More. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Two wild turkeys that chased people into their garages and caused traffic back-upsA in the 5800 block ofA Erie Street won't be a problem anymore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Martha Biland

Racine, WI

#1 Dec 7, 2011
Are you joking me? You're making this sound like such a big problem to make yourselves feel better about killing these awesome turkeys? More people then you know loved seeing and watching these old gals and because a few people complained (Caledonia President) you thought it best to kill them???!!! Just how many people really complained about these beauties??? This makes me so upset. For days, people have been wondering where they were. We live in Caledonia because it's rural (no side walks AND wild life) and if people don't like living with wild life then move to the city!! Just last week I saw a van filled with children pulled off to the side of the road feeding these great birds and having a blast doing it!! Question? These fine birds were shot with a shotgun east of the interstate and just a stones throw from where I live? Was the officer that afraid???? Really? REALLY? That sounds safe? Thanks Caledonia!!In the months that I've been passing by these birds, I NEVER saw a major problem with cars waiting for these birds or were police ever involved and NEVER did they peck my car even when I stopped to see them!! They liked the cars but never seem mean! So in conclusion, the next time I see Ron Coutts's name on a ballot, I'll think of a "turkey" which is a NO vote. Aren't there bigger problems in Caledonia..hint..hint like taxes and attracting businesses then complaining about two beautiful turkeys and having them destroyed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caledonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ACLU Challenges Milwaukee Police Department's U... Fri Milwaukee 2
Johnny Ray Thompson known as bubba teeth from B... Feb 23 Latrina 2
Racine county child protective services (Feb '11) Feb 23 Latrina 5
News Who are the Simon City Royals? (Oct '08) Feb 20 Insane I remain 1,950
CDC Helps Milwaukee Residents Learn More and Fe... Feb 11 latrina 2
fitzsimmons rd. (Jan '07) Jan '17 hellothere 47
News Stabbing at South Milwaukee Bar (Mar '10) Dec '16 TMK 20

Caledonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance