Patrol: Woman Killed In Motorcycle Cr...

Patrol: Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash; Alcohol Suspected | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 47 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Nov 12, 2010, titled Patrol: Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash; Alcohol Suspected | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

The Ohio State Highway Patrol said a woman was killed Thursday night in a motorcycle crash along state Route 309.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Westerville, OH

#1 Nov 12, 2010
Why doesn't Ohio have a helmet law?
Captain Ahab

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 12, 2010
Ohio doesn't have a helmet law because it is not our job to protect idiots from themselves.
So sad

Westerville, OH

#4 Nov 12, 2010
Wondering wrote:
Why doesn't Ohio have a helmet law?
Ohio does not have a helmet law for the same reason Ohio does not have a law against being stupid.

1. No helmet
2. Alcohol (suspected)
3. Dark

While I am sorry for the family of the lost, we can not place higher risks upon ourselves and expect to beat the odds forever.

Sempre Fi
Hutch

United States

#5 Nov 12, 2010
Always wear helmets!!!! And stop drinking and driving!

“Defecting to Mexico”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6 Nov 12, 2010
Hutch wrote:
Always wear helmets!!!! And stop drinking and driving!
Thank you for that. You've changed my life.
The Real Problem

Hilliard, OH

#7 Nov 12, 2010
So if a plane crashes because the pilot is drunk, you all would be yelling at the passengers who didn't have their seat belts fastened?
Gabby

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 12, 2010
It's sad that the woman died but it's hard to feel sorry for the people that choose to drink and drive. You put yourself and others at risk when you do.This man killed his friend and he no doubt will be going to prison all because he made a very stupid choice...
Chung Lee

Cleveland, OH

#9 Nov 12, 2010
So sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohio does not have a helmet law for the same reason Ohio does not have a law against being stupid.
1. No helmet
2. Alcohol (suspected)
3. Dark
While I am sorry for the family of the lost, we can not place higher risks upon ourselves and expect to beat the odds forever.
Sempre Fi
Chung Lee first say sorry peoples lose life. Chung Lee always see peoples on motorcycle wear leather costume and no helmet. Chung Lee inquire from motorcycle rider why wear leather costume. Peoples tell Chung Lee leather costume protect in accident from road rash. This make perfect sense to Chung Lee. However Chung Lee not believe this because any peoples with common sense want to protect head in accident first. Perhap they think costume make them look tough?
Erin

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 12, 2010
Captain Ahab wrote:
Ohio doesn't have a helmet law because it is not our job to protect idiots from themselves.
If we dont have a helmet law to protect "idiots" then why do we have a seatbelt law to protect "idiots" ? We NEED a helmet law. I lost my uncle to a motorcycle accident, maybe he would've thought twice if he had helmet on.
Miss Leo

Columbus, OH

#11 Nov 12, 2010
Just another reason why helmets should be required as they used to be in Ohio. God Bless this lady's family.
jmh

United States

#13 Nov 12, 2010
Drinking and driving + riding motorcycle + no helmet = tragic accident.

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 12, 2010
The Real Problem wrote:
So if a plane crashes because the pilot is drunk, you all would be yelling at the passengers who didn't have their seat belts fastened?
Seatbelts won't usually do you a whole lot of good if a plane goes down.
Jimmy

Barberton, OH

#15 Nov 12, 2010
I am not afraid to ride my cycle without a helmet. I am afraid to drink and then ride my cycle. Especially at night!
Guido

Columbus, OH

#16 Nov 12, 2010
Lunchbox Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Seatbelts won't usually do you a whole lot of good if a plane goes down.
Why do sky divers wear hemets? I have never been able to figure that one out.
Stupid Laws

Columbus, OH

#17 Nov 12, 2010
But the City of Columbus insists that my 4 year old wear a helmet while she is riding her Dora the Explorer training-wheeled bicycle on our front sidewalk or I can be cited and ticketed as a parent. Mind you, I want her to wear a helmet because I love my child, but making it a law is just stupid.

I have no problem w/ Ohio's no helmet law for motorcycles, but I'm just one of those people who does not like being told what to do. I am a big girl who can make her own decisions.However, that being said, I am a frequent passenger on a motorcycle and I do wear a helmet but pass no judgement on those who prefer not to. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.
Klan Man

United States

#20 Nov 12, 2010
leathers+loud pipes+tats+Peter Pan syndrome+booze-helmet-brains= Harley Rider
AWFUL

Delaware, OH

#22 Nov 12, 2010
I can not believe the comments on here. Yes, drinking and driving doesnt mix. Please realize that Jenny had kids- three of them to be exact. They are dealing with the loss of their mother.
It is tragic. My understanding- both driver and passenger were heavily intoxicated. An unwise choice by both has now cost three kids their mom.
She will never see them graduate, get married, have kids of their own- I think snide a**ed comments should be saved for another time and place. I do not agree with drinking and driving either b/c my mom was almost killed by a drunk driver but the kids are left with some serious wounds that need to heal.
Condolences to this family.
Col Hannibal Smith

Columbus, OH

#23 Nov 12, 2010
Ohio does in fact hava helmet law.It's a rather limited law to the extent that a helmet is ONLY required when a person has only a bike permit OR has had their bike license/endorcement for LESS than a year.After that,it's a matter of choice if the operator chooses to use the helmet.Ohio does not require the passanger to wear a helmet.
biker

Port Lavaca, TX

#24 Nov 12, 2010
may GOD rest her soul
Chad

United States

#25 Nov 12, 2010
A lot of the people who think people should be forced to wear seatbelts, helmets,etc are the same one's who don't want the gov't to tell them they can't have an abortion. I ride a bike. I'm a careful rider. I sometimes wear a helmet and sometimes I don't. My choice. I never drink & drive anything. That's just plain stupid. Tragic but stupid. It's like playing with dymamite. I think if insurance companies would make it a rule for coverage it would be better than another law to protect us from ourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caledonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Design Review Thu Truth Hurts 3
Big rat at village pizza Aug 24 Concerned Mom 1
Does anyone know what the Iron Order building i... (May '15) Aug 24 Informed 6
festival Latino Aug 12 dave 1
Anyone know autumn Schwab (Mar '15) Aug 7 Talon Fawbush 21
Massage Aug 7 Joe 2
AHP, Delaware, Ohio Jul '16 Jason young 2

Caledonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance